Profile for Asa Hamarrhjarta > Reviews

Content by Asa Hamarrhjarta

Asa Hamarrhjarta (Northeast England)

Page: 1 | 2
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
Offered by Shop4World

2.0 out of 5 stars A great demo, can we have the full game now please?, 16 Jan. 2017
The Original PS2 Battlefront is better. It had way more content and a single player campaign to cut your teeth in. This measly offering on the other hand resembles more an unfinished BETA game, leaving many of us feeling bored, bemused, and quite frankly taken advantage of by the publisher. At first glance one may blame a simple lack of imagination and/or creativity from the devellopers, however there is a wealth of downloadable content to be found in the Playstation store. This then leaves the player to assume that the publisher has decided to rinse us players for as much money as possible. The graphics and sound are better than the PS2 original, however this is the absolute least superiority that we should expect for a game that cost about double on launch compared to the original. Yes, I'm annoyed, games are supposed to be fun, but I can't find the fun in effictively being sold a BETA game for a polished games price.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent jewellery box, 19 Dec. 2016
As is the case with the medium sized trinket boxes the Large one is absolutely brilliant! I feel that this size is the best value for money. I would thoroughly recommend this product for storing your jewellery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent trinket boxes, 19 Dec. 2016
I really like these trinket boxes. They're very reasonably priced and once they're put together they're absolutely solid. They made excellent jewellery boxes. I would thoroughly recommend these boxes

Game of Thrones - Season 6 [DVD] [2016]
Game of Thrones - Season 6 [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

4.0 out of 5 stars A series high, a box set low, 3 Dec. 2016
I found the pacing and storyline content far more agreeable than in season 5, which dragged a bit in places. There is more action content than in some previous seasons also, and the episode 'Battle of the bastards' is my particular favourite of this season. From Hodor who held the door to to the man who drinks and knows things, every episode of this season left me quite willing to binge watch the entire 10 episodes in 1 day! Indeed if it wasn't for the social unnaccepibility of posting spoilers I would've reviewed in depth the many specific highs of this season in great detail.

And now for the reason I can give the series content 5 stars but unfortunately not the product as a whole; the box set housing itself. The first thing that immediately springs to mind is the utter lack of anything remotely like the boxes for seasons 1-5. In the past e've been treated to boxes with such wonderful designs as the embossed 3 eyed raven from season 4, and seasons 3 & 5 had great sleeves which served to really accentuate the box art. Whilst we can hopefully all agree that this in no way affects the content of the discs in any way I do think that the various box artworks are a well loved signature of a Game of Thrones box set, it's the cherry on top, the finishing touch, which is why this product isn't a 5 star product. This could be seen by the casual reader to be very very picky, but this season's box is entirely lacklustre. This box looks more like a preliminary concept, unfinished and underwhelming. It's just a pathetic looking thin cardboard sleeve that I'd be surprised lasts a few years before wear and tear will inevitably consign it to the bin, so flimsy as it is. We expected a much higher standard than what we've been given and as is evidenced in the other reviews here, it has in some minor way spoiled the overall product for many. I certainly hope that in season 7's box will see the return of the quality of the kind of exterior that we've become accustomed to.

Viking Dragon's Head Bookmark in English Pewter, Gift Boxed, Handmade (wa)
Viking Dragon's Head Bookmark in English Pewter, Gift Boxed, Handmade (wa)
Offered by Hoardersworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorative and functional, 15 Jan. 2016
They're what they say they are. I'm completely happy with mine

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a good gift, 15 Jan. 2016
I bought these for my mother as a Jól gift and she was delighted with them. The thing that I noticed when shopping around is that these slippers were a good price, and when I received them I was a little surprised at just how good the quality of them is. Proof that there's not necessarily always the need to spend big money to get a good product

Happy Hour
Happy Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars One For the fans, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Happy Hour (Audio CD)
As a life long Offspring fan I had to own this. It's a cross between a live album and an EP of sorts, and the tracks on here vary from an updated version of 'beheaded', originally released on Their first self-titled album, through to the date of thus albums' release. In my own opinion if I was a more casual fan then maybe I wouldn't bother so much with this as there's not much at all in the way of new material on here, but for anyone seriously into this band I'd say it is an album that you would of course want to have.

South Park: Season 17 [DVD]
South Park: Season 17 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality South Park viewing..., 22 April 2015
This review is from: South Park: Season 17 [DVD] (DVD)
After 17 seasons it still makes me laugh hard. It's a shorter number of episodes than previous seasons, but in my opinion the quality of the episodes are higher than in some previous seasons too. I especially enjoyed the Game of thrones parody episodes (as eluded to on the box cover), done in the same kind of way as the 'Imagionation land' & 'Coon and friends' episodes in the past. Not important, but there is even the set up a for the 'Stick of Truth' video game, which was very funny to me. There are so many funny moments but I won't post any spoilers, so although this is a short, vague review, I would highly recommend viewing this season. Worth every last penny!

Koolertron 10.2 Inch High Quality Portable DVD Player Support Game USB SD (10.2 Inch, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent multi-region DVD player, 22 April 2015
The Koolerton portable DVD player is a decent bit of kit. It's major selling factor to me is that it's multi-regional, because I own many DVD's that are region 1 & 4, as well as region 2's. If any of you are a little wary of the multi-region claim (and from bad past experiences, I was), then I can confirm that I have tested 2,1 & 4 and it WILL play them all. The player itself is a little lighter than I had imagined but I can't see how that pose a problem for me. The price is quite reasonable too, even taking the postage cost in to account. I looked at similar DVD players in the various electronic retalers and the closest thing I could find would have cost £100, but that was for region 2 only. I've seen other reviews where people have claimed that the instructions are very generalised and so they found the player overly complicated to work, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I can say that the instructions are as they say, but found the player very easy to operate as its a very typical and obvious setup with writing next to the buttons. The swivel function is very convenient, as the player I opted for was the larger one, which means I could put it sitting sideways on a bedside table or a kitchen counter top perhaps, without it taking up as much room. There's also a small game disc & controller, but I haven't tried them yet. The remote control is about 3" long and takes 2 AAA batteries,which aren't included. I never heard of the Koolerton brand before but it seems to be doing it's job just as well as other branded one's I've used in the past. I feel it was a good purchase and based on my own experience I would recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2016 1:36 PM GMT

YugiDuel LP Calculator for YuGiOh FREE
YugiDuel LP Calculator for YuGiOh FREE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found so far..., 1 Dec. 2014
this is the Yu-Gi-Oh! LP calculator is the best out there that I've found so far because of it's customizable features.

Page: 1 | 2