Profile for Asa Hamarrhjarta > Reviews

Content by Asa Hamarrhjarta

Asa Hamarrhjarta (Northeast England)

Page: 1 | 2
Viking Dragon's Head Bookmark in English Pewter, Gift Boxed, Handmade (wa)
Viking Dragon's Head Bookmark in English Pewter, Gift Boxed, Handmade (wa)
Offered by Hoardersworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorative and functional, 15 Jan. 2016
They're what they say they are. I'm completely happy with mine

The Slipper Company - Womens Brown Towelling Moccasin Slipper with Bow - Size 5 - Brown
Offered by Shoe Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a good gift, 15 Jan. 2016
I bought these for my mother as a Jól gift and she was delighted with them. The thing that I noticed when shopping around is that these slippers were a good price, and when I received them I was a little surprised at just how good the quality of them is. Proof that there's not necessarily always the need to spend big money to get a good product

Happy Hour
Happy Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars One For the fans, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Happy Hour (Audio CD)
As a life long Offspring fan I had to own this. It's a cross between a live album and an EP of sorts, and the tracks on here vary from an updated version of 'beheaded', originally released on Their first self-titled album, through to the date of thus albums' release. In my own opinion if I was a more casual fan then maybe I wouldn't bother so much with this as there's not much at all in the way of new material on here, but for anyone seriously into this band I'd say it is an album that you would of course want to have.

South Park: Season 17 [DVD]
South Park: Season 17 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality South Park viewing..., 22 April 2015
This review is from: South Park: Season 17 [DVD] (DVD)
After 17 seasons it still makes me laugh hard. It's a shorter number of episodes than previous seasons, but in my opinion the quality of the episodes are higher than in some previous seasons too. I especially enjoyed the Game of thrones parody episodes (as eluded to on the box cover), done in the same kind of way as the 'Imagionation land' & 'Coon and friends' episodes in the past. Not important, but there is even the set up a for the 'Stick of Truth' video game, which was very funny to me. There are so many funny moments but I won't post any spoilers, so although this is a short, vague review, I would highly recommend viewing this season. Worth every last penny!

Koolertron 2015 New 10.2 Inch High Quality Portable DVD Player With 180° Swivel - Support Game + USB + SD (10.2 inch, Black)
Offered by Pellor Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent multi-region DVD player, 22 April 2015
The Koolerton portable DVD player is a decent bit of kit. It's major selling factor to me is that it's multi-regional, because I own many DVD's that are region 1 & 4, as well as region 2's. If any of you are a little wary of the multi-region claim (and from bad past experiences, I was), then I can confirm that I have tested 2,1 & 4 and it WILL play them all. The player itself is a little lighter than I had imagined but I can't see how that pose a problem for me. The price is quite reasonable too, even taking the postage cost in to account. I looked at similar DVD players in the various electronic retalers and the closest thing I could find would have cost £100, but that was for region 2 only. I've seen other reviews where people have claimed that the instructions are very generalised and so they found the player overly complicated to work, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I can say that the instructions are as they say, but found the player very easy to operate as its a very typical and obvious setup with writing next to the buttons. The swivel function is very convenient, as the player I opted for was the larger one, which means I could put it sitting sideways on a bedside table or a kitchen counter top perhaps, without it taking up as much room. There's also a small game disc & controller, but I haven't tried them yet. The remote control is about 3" long and takes 2 AAA batteries,which aren't included. I never heard of the Koolerton brand before but it seems to be doing it's job just as well as other branded one's I've used in the past. I feel it was a good purchase and based on my own experience I would recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2015 4:21 PM BST

YugiDuel LP Calculator for YuGiOh FREE
YugiDuel LP Calculator for YuGiOh FREE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found so far..., 1 Dec. 2014
this is the Yu-Gi-Oh! LP calculator is the best out there that I've found so far because of it's customizable features.

The Sagas of Ragnar Lodbrok
The Sagas of Ragnar Lodbrok
by Ben Waggoner

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite saga, and a very reader friendly version of the text., 25 Aug. 2014
What an enthralling read this is. I have always held a great love for the sagas and especially this one, because there's so much quality content; something is always happening. As well as Ragnarr Lodbrok's adventures, we read about the adventures of Ragnarr's sons, like Ivar the boneless and Bjorn Ironside. As some of you may know, this saga was the direct inspiration for the television show 'Vikings', currently airing on the history channel and Amazon prime instant.

Such a style of story telling just doesn't occur like this in the modern age, and (in my opinion) as great as they are, I feel that the modern author just can't compete with this spectacularly unique content. To give a rough idea to anyone new to this saga, I suppose if I had to pick one popular author to compare to the writing style of this, JRR Tolkein would probably be as close as you could get. An example of this would be the way there is a blend on the page of characters' spoken text and then prose/song, like in 'The Lord of the Rings'.

The way that the publisher has presented this is, in my view, to be commended. Unfortunately, sometimes other publications are clumsily put together and are translated in such a way that it can be easy to get bogged down in a page and ultimately the readers enjoyment is spoiled. This is not the case with the troth publication, which I found was very neatly presented on the page in terms of font size, paragraphing and spacing, and I felt that this was a contributing factor in my overall enjoyment of the book. I found it really reader friendly and the synergy of a text is very important to me. I also found this specific authors' English translation to be very palatable, and after reading this book I would feel more inclined to purchase a troth publication in future before looking elsewhere.

The most important thing is this: if you enjoy tales of intrepid viking-age adventurers, blood, vengeance, betrayal, love, honour, murder, plotting, and discovery but have never read this saga, then I must tell you that you're definitely missing out on a classic and would urge you to buy this book without hesitation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2015 9:23 PM GMT

Main Charger For Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Main Charger For Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Offered by CreationSales

1.0 out of 5 stars Like Ratners jewellery, 27 July 2014
It's like Ratners jewellery... a prawn sandwich would last longer. I purchased two of them and they both ended up in the bin weeks ago. One even shattered into peices as I unplugged it from the socket. Not fit for purpose.

The Walking Dead Season 3
The Walking Dead Season 3
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazons 'THE WALKING DEAD'? or perhaps 'WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?'?, 27 July 2014
Being as how this is a product review, thcs is a review of the 'product', as in the product we're being sold and not a review the show itself (which I'm hooked on and would give a 5 star rating).

It is my opinion that Amazon instant is one of the greediest subscriptions I've ever had the displeasure to be tricked into and it makes me seething mad when the 'product' on offer is such a blatant ripoff and I'm sick of big companies like this one which bends everyone over to screw as much money out of them as possible, and here's why:

When Amazon took over LOVE film our subscriptions increased by what I and many other subscribers would agree was a substantial amount. Then after these substantial increases they decided to add a lot more content that we have to pay extra for. What then is the fairly hefty increased subscriptions for if not better quality or increased options in programs? Is anyone else feeling duped? Many of us have noticed little to no benefit from this greedy corporate takeover. LOVE film was far from perfect, but we did not have to pause a moment to check if it was 'in' our subscriptions. Congratulations Amazon... you ruined LOVE film!!!

That's not all, because the crowning turd in this sh*t pipe is that the 'extras' which are not included in the inflated subscription charges are so unrealistically overpriced that you would have to have more money than sense to want to pay for it. For example, rite now (July 2014) Season 5 of 'CHEERS' would cost you in excess of over £50! Oh, and the best bit is that once you're paid this ludicrous price you may then only download it to a maximum of two devices. It's utter greed on the part of Amazon. They won't even send you a hard copy in the post and even SKY T.V does that!

I saw a box set of 'THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 3' in the supermarket this week at the standard price of £15. I know that is the standard price and that there is a profit made on that price because I work for them, and the best thing is that you do not need to be connected to the internet to view it and I can use the discs in more than a maximum of two players. Isn't that wonderful? So why does Amazon think that it's fair that after our monthly subscriptions we should be happy to pay £25.99 for this ' product'?

Amazon, who do you think you are?. It is my opinion and the opinion of many others that your business practice is utterly disgusting and demonstrates an overwhelming greed and a shows a total contempt for your customers. Did you not learn the lessons of HMV?, which at least sells tangeable products, and which you ironically had a major hand in bringing about a downfall of because you could undercut their prices. Ringing any bells? Walking dead for £25.99? A rethink perhaps? No? Okay. What a scrappy 'product'. You've attempted to shaft subscribers again. I bought it in the end at the supermarket and as I've already said I love the show. But please avoid buying this show on Amazon prime instant, and if you are sick of this over inflated crap they're forcing down our necks then there Is an alternative... NETFLIX!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2015 2:33 PM GMT

Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Travis Fimmel

5.0 out of 5 stars a must own!!!!, 22 Dec. 2013
Vikings is the best show of it's genre and one of the most spectacular television series' on-air today.

The cast is astounding, every last one of them. No matter which scene I was watching the acting had me hooked to the point where I actually watched the series all in one go in one day.

The locations and sets are breathtakingly inspiring; I could almost smell the fire in the Jarl's hall, smell the salt air of the north sea and feel the weight of an axe in my hand.

Then there's the soundtrack. The opening title music is so emotive and I think captures so well the physical and psychological hardships and culture of the viking high period. Throughout the show the soundtrack serves to re-enforce the acting and scenery. Sometimes you don't even notice the soundtrack and sometimes it's full on in your face; the soundtrack does exactly what all the great one's should do.

The x-factor on this show for me is the costumes. Thank goodness the 1950/60's ideas of hollywood viking costumes are dead and burried. The costumes appear to be very realistic. Some are simple, like the ordinary, everyday attire. Then there are finer costumes for festivities which look so convincingly authentic, and the battle gear looks awesome.

This is an absolute must own for anyone who enjoys a great story!

If you enjoyed the hobbit/lord of the rings or game of thrones then you'll love this!!!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2016 7:53 PM BST