Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit
Profile for Snava > Reviews

Content by Snava

Snava

Ultimate SAS Survival
Ultimate SAS Survival
by John 'Lofty' Wiseman

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know to survive nature is here!, 7 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Ultimate SAS Survival (Hardcover)
This book is really good. It talks to you about almost every single problem you may face in different environments, such as how to look or drain water, to treating injuries. There are many pictures which give you a visual step by step guide. It is incredibly useful, however don't expect to memorize it. It should be a reference book but as time goes by you will unconsciously learn many of the techniques. I strongly advise you to carry it in your backpack if you are travelling to one of the places mentioned in the book. It isn't heavy compared to what you will already take to your trip, and it is more valuable than anything else you may take, which makes its price totally worth it. I truly believe it can save your life.

Kontrol Freek Speed FPS GamerPack Recon XBOX 360/PS3
Kontrol Freek Speed FPS GamerPack Recon XBOX 360/PS3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expensive, 7 Jun. 2012
These pads will definitely improve your game. That doesn't mean you will get less deaths, because it has to do with other factors as well, but it will improve your number of kills. I managed to get used to them after a couple of games, and you will probably only need around that. They are soft and comfortable, and your thumb will no longer slip during a gunfight.
However I did find this product expensive. I bought these thinking I might lose them, but once they are attached to the analog stick, it is very hard to take it off( but it is possible!), which means a pair is enough if you are only planning to use one controller.

Chess For Dummies: Third Edition
Chess For Dummies: Third Edition
by James Eade

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 Jun. 2012
This is book is just great. Eade teaches you in a clear way aspects about the opening, middlegame and endgame. That is what I like about this book. I'm not a novice. I am around 1400 elo rating, and that isn't beginner. But I knew few things apart from movement of pieces, one opening and some exact endgames. Due to this book I now appreciate the importance of the opening, defenses and variations. It also gave me a better explanation of things I thought I knew but I didn't. I have read somewhere that someone thought the book was disorganised, without a logical order. But Eade says right away, that each Part is self-contained, meaning you can read one and understand it without reading the other ones. However, it is true that it won't be as easy as you think. It does get harder, and just because it is a dummies book, doesn't mean you won't deal with harder concepts. The important thing is to take your time. There is no need to rush, because if you do, you will probably feel bored, and without motivation you will not learn a single thing. After this book, I would suggest the book Studying Chess Made Easy by Andrew Soltis. If you want to improve as I am improving, read this book. Once you learn how to study, you will learn a lot more, and won't waste your time with ineffective learning methods.

I gave it 5 stars, but there is one thing I would like to point out. The information about where to play chess etc. is small and almost useless. People that like chess, know where to play it. So you'll be better off trying to find places to play on the internet than with this book.