Profile for I Readalot > Reviews

Content by I Readalot
Top Reviewer Ranking: 934

I Readalot (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BEEM Germany Fresh Aroma Perfect Deluxe Coffee Machine, 1.7 Litre, 1000 Watt
BEEM Germany Fresh Aroma Perfect Deluxe Coffee Machine, 1.7 Litre, 1000 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for coffee lovers, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Anyone who loves `real' coffee will agree that nothing can compare to making it with freshly ground beans and this machine makes the process quick and simple. Even better you can set the timer to wake up to a freshly brewed cup or have it ready when you get home from work. No need to measure out quantities, just set it for 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups, pour in the correct amount of water and leave it to do its thing, I find that 4 is perfect for 2 mugs. It is also very easy to clean and the permanent filter saves having to worry about running out of filter papers.

The coffee does stay hot but unless you drink it black or use just a tiny amount of milk you may find it necessary to heat the milk first, particularly if it has been left for a while. My main problem is running out of beans, I always have some ready ground as a back-up, but it isn't quite the same.

Overall a great coffee machine that gets a lot of use. Had to give it 5 stars as I really do 'love' it.

Skil 7226AE 6-in-1 Fox Multi-Sander
Skil 7226AE 6-in-1 Fox Multi-Sander

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets a lot of use, 2 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing that struck me about this sander was the lightweight fabric storage case, a definite improvement on the hard plastic case of my previous sander.

The accessories are very simple to attach and change and the handle has a comfortable grip. The dust extractor only works with the main pads, not with the small add on pads.

As I am in the process of redecorating the house this item came at the right moment and so far has had plenty of use, on doors and skirting boards, the latter has always been difficult before but the curved attachment has made it a doddle. Thoroughly recommended.

NOCO Genius Boost UltraSafe GB30 Jump Starter 12 V Lithium
NOCO Genius Boost UltraSafe GB30 Jump Starter 12 V Lithium

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to connect and use, 11 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This item is like an insurance policy, you hope you won't need it but keep it in the car just in case. This jump starter is small and compact, taking up little room in your car. It charges up quickly (took about 3 hours). My son got to try it out on a friends car and assures me that it is quick and easy to connect up and starts up the battery almost immediately.

Only downside is that it does not come with a mains charger, only an in-car charger. Overall a useful and practical gadget for any motorist.

Cole & Mason 18 cm  Granite Pestle & Mortar
Cole & Mason 18 cm Granite Pestle & Mortar

5.0 out of 5 stars All serious cooks should have one, 11 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In spite of all the electrical gadgets available I still believe that a mortar and pestle is an important piece of kitchen equipment. Mine is mainly used for grinding spices for recipes, much better and authentic than buying the powders. Pepper grinders are all very well but what if you want a combination of green, red and black to go on your steak?

Made from granite this Cole and Mason pestle and mortar is heavy, not the kind of item you will want to move around too much so ideally you should be able to keep it out where it is going to be used. Fortunately it looks good, easily doubling as a kitchen `ornament'. I have used lighter ones but for the best and easiest results you need something solid and this mortar and pestle is certainly that.

Highly recommended for all foodies.

PRO PLAN Cat Wet NutriSavour Sterilised with Chicken in Gravy 10x85g (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pouches)

5.0 out of 5 stars Always cleans the bowl, 16 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My cat can be a bit fussy when it comes to his food, but as he generally prefers gravy to jelly I thought this was worth trying. When I try something new he is inclined to scoff something down quickly one day but turn his nose up it the next. So at first I just fed him this until the first box was empty and every time the bowl was licked clean and he would look up at me hopefully for more. Then I changed back to his usual Sheba for a while before using the rest of the Pro Plan. He still clears the bowl so I think it safe to say this food has been a success. Impossible to say how it effects him healthwise although he has been behaving a bit kittenish lately, attacking me while I do my knitting!

SK hynix HFS128G32MNB-2202A 2.5-inch 128GB Solid State Drive
SK hynix HFS128G32MNB-2202A 2.5-inch 128GB Solid State Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid State Drive, 16 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great product with multiple uses, from storing operating systems to music and PC games almost eradicating loading times.

Knowledge of installing computer hardware is recommended although guides are available online. Depending on your computer you might have to go into the BIOS (basic input/output system) to set up the hard drive. A guide as to how to access BIOS is also available online.

Once set up it allows almost instant access to whatever is stored on the drive. If used for the operating system the loading time from the PC being off to on and ready to use is much quicker than using a standard disk hard drive.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared [DVD]
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Gustafsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Offbeat comedy, 2 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I watched this DVD with my son, I have read the book and he hasn't. We both really enjoyed it and spent most of the time laughing. It stays faithful to the book although as I had expected parts of the book were left out. The dialogue is subtitled, but much of the story is told through narration and this is in English which makes the story easy to follow. Recommended for anyone who enjoys a good offbeat comedy whether you have read the book or not.

Hotpoint Multi-Functional Hand Blender Fully Accessorised, 700 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Hand Blender Fully Accessorised, 700 Watt, Silver
Offered by Elmij Technology

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful addition to my kitchen, 29 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had been thinking about buying a hand blender/processor so this appeared at the perfect time. In the winter months I frequently make my own soups and this machine makes it a far easier process, both for preparing the ingredients and blending them once cooked. I wanted to bake a chocolate cake that required ground almonds but all I had in the cupboard were blanched, the small processer make short work of grinding them for me. The recipe also required whipped egg whites so I tried the whisk attachment and was impressed with the result. Although it did feel a bit awkward until the found the right position to hold it in. The main advantage is that I didn't have to bother with getting out my stand-alone mixer.

It looks good in the kitchen and is far more substantial than it appears in the images, it is also easy to clean. It would be perfect for anyone who wants a blender/processor that doesn't take up too much space either in a cupboard or left out. Overall a very useful addition to my kitchen and it will get a lot of use.

Scandinavian Baking: Loving Baking at Home
Scandinavian Baking: Loving Baking at Home
by Trine Hahnemann

4.0 out of 5 stars Revived my love of baking, 12 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a fan of Scandi novels, films and TV I decided it was time to have a go at some Scandi baking. First I have to say that this is a beautiful book and a wonderful addition to any collection. Trine's love of baking is clear from the way she writes about it.

Now for the important part, the recipes. The first one I tried was the Nordic Cheese Bread (p 190), unfortunately I couldn't get any fresh yeast so used active dried instead. It has been a few years since I have made bread but had no problem following the instructions and the result was well worth it. In fact my son considers the book worth buying for this recipe alone, as I write this another cheese loaf is slowly rising in the airing cupboard!

Second recipe was the Finnish Sugar Cookies (262), the hardest thing about making these was rolling out the dough as it did crack a bit. Mine didn't look quite like those in the picture, but that is not surprising. Apparently they should keep for two to three weeks in an airtight container, unfortunately I can't comment on this as the first batch I made didn't last 2 days, so far the second batch have survived for 3. The Vanilla Cookies (p 263) are also quite easy to make and as a fan of almond flavoured anything I was pleased to discover a new recipe to try, the dough for these has to be left in the fridge overnight so you have to think ahead before starting these. Again I can't verify how long they last but will definitely be making a batch for Christmas.

The only cake recipe I have tried is Michala's Chocolate Cake (p 86) there are a lot of ingredients but it is very easy to make. It is very dark and rich and lasted for 3 days before the last slice was eaten.

There are many move recipes I will be trying including the Danish pastries, which I have only ever made once before - about 30 years ago - I also like the look of the rye breads and rolls, the Yeasted Marzipan Cream Buns, Raspberry Eclairs, Napoleon's Cake (puff pastry), to name but a few.

Not a book for beginners but if you have a bit of baking experience and a knowledge of baking techniques then you will have a lot of fun with this one.

Boompods Earpods In Ear Headphones for iPod/iPhone/iPad - Blue
Boompods Earpods In Ear Headphones for iPod/iPhone/iPad - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 24 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't go out of my way to buy earphones unless absolutely necessary but these are a definitely better than the almost generic ones that have come with my ipad/ipod/android phone. They fit well - a choice of pod sizes to get it right - and feel comfortable and secure once in place. I am impressed by the sound but I am sure that audiophiles will find it below par for their needs. With my son a couple of feet from me I started at the lowest volume on my ipad and got to half volume before he could hear anything at all, therefore at my optimal listening volume I shouldn't annoy anyone sitting near me on the bus! I have scrunched up the cable in my pocket and it has not tangled at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20