Profile for Naiin > Reviews

Content by Naiin

Naiin

New Balance Womens WR00PB Pink/Blue Running Shoes 7.5 UK, 41 EU
New Balance Womens WR00PB Pink/Blue Running Shoes 7.5 UK, 41 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra-light, cussion-soft - true barefoot eperience!, 17 Mar. 2014
I bought these for my wife as gym trainers. They fit perfectly and look awesome. She's been to the gym few times and she's extremely happy with them.

TY Alvin and the Chipmunks - Set of 3 Girls (Brittany, Eleanor & Jeanette) [Toy]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for decent price, 23 Jan. 2013
The Chipettes trio was a present for my 2 years old daughter and she absolutely loves them. They're fantasticly reproduced and very well made toys for any Chipmunks fans. From all the kids movies I watched with my daughters "Alvin..." series isn't my favourite (to put it mildly), but I do appreciate the quality and attention to detail put into designing and manufacturing these three. The materials are very pleasant and top notch too. I highly recommend this product as the price of £14.99 inc. delivery (which I paid) was in my opinion adequate to the quality of the merchandise.

Mafia II (PC DVD)
Mafia II (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Interactive Movie!, 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Mafia II (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I suspect that after waiting 8 years (!) for the sequel of amazing Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven everyone was expecting something truly special. And in my opinion the game lives up to the expectations: the story line is great, the characters are believable, the scenery, cars and music really take you back to 1950's. Less positive reviews read that the game is too short - I disagree. I believe that the concept of the game was to be more of an interactive movie rather than typical shoot'em-up. Of course, if you set the difficulty to low and lock yourself in the room with a bag of microvawable meals you can finish the game in one sitting, but that's not the point. This game is not for blood hungry kids who shoot before they think all day long! It's very thought through, well composed piece of interactive software that mature gamers with limited gaming time can enjoy for good couple of weeks. I myself finished it in a month playing one chapter every other day. And I enjoyed every moment of it!
Few people try to compare it to GTA IV. I played GTA IV, and it is far more complexed game with larger world and loads more missions, but I would not put them in the same category. Playing GTA you can easily loose track of the main story line engaging in other "side missions" - Mafia focuses strongly on linear story which is far more gripping. The only negative thing I can say about the story is that the main twist isn't too convincing and happens far to abruptly.
Some other negative things are:
- driving any car is quite a task, but all the cars of the era were RWD and had no ESP so it would be pretty difficult turning corners at speed,
- police are somewhat inconsistent i.e. when you jump red lights or are wanted and some of them ignore you totally.
Overall the game is almost perfect. Few niggles here and there, but it is great! I recommend it to any mature gamer.

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D
Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much as stock 1560mAh, 17 Jan. 2012
Well, I don't think I really have to add anything more to the title, but I will anyway. If there is any difference, it's very minimal. I don't think you have to weigh the batteries in a NASA lab or use sophisticated equipment or apps to determine bettery's life cycle. With Sensation being a power drain, as it is, you'll get very little time between charges no matter what battery you're going to put in it. I know - I've tried! I appreciate it is supposed to be only 340mAh more than stock - just over 20% increase (on paper) and for a very heavy user, who's Sensation lasted sometimes even as little as 3-4 hours from charge to charge with stock battery, it supposed to be only few minutes of joy more, but I think if I had known before what I know now, I would have never bought the Anker battery. It's pretty pointless to be honest - unless you want to have a cheap spare one for travelling or "just in case". Frankly I expected a little more difference, specially after reading some opinions indicating how wonderful Anker batteries are. I think every Sensation (or htc user for that matter) should get used to the fact, that these phones will not go longer than 10-12 hours before you need to plug it back in to the mains. Anyone claiming they can go for more than 20 hours without charge with Anker battery - they should sell their smartphone and invest in say Nokia 3109 or similar device and put the money saved into their pension fund or better yet give it to charity - they will at least put it into good use. What is the point of having top of the range smarphone with beautiful screen, tonnes of power and great performance and.... keep it in the pocket on standby with all features switched off??? Maybe if we don't tell anyone our new number and don't call or text anyone we could even get 2 days on one charge? I know, let's just switch the thing off and only turn it on when we see nice couple of chicks heading our way on the sidewalk to impress them with our "equipment"? I don't get it.
To sum things up: unless you're prepared to destroy this gorgeous phone with Mugen battery pack or some other cosmic device designed by Picasso's top men, get used to it being on charge almost as much as holding it in your hands enjoying its excellence. I did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2012 3:20 PM GMT

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card - Read 20MB/s Write 15MB/s with USB Reader
Offered by KOMPBAY

2.0 out of 5 stars Card didn't work on Canon Legria HF-M306, 23 April 2011
According to camcorder's specifications, the card should work with it, but it simply didn't. The USB reader came with broken case, so didn't bother testing it.

Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)
Offered by TnsDealsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fun Fun!!!, 19 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto IV (PC) (CD-ROM)
I fell in love with GTA series from it's first 3D release GTA III. I loved everything about it: the missions, the music!, the jokes and of course the fact that you could do pretty much anything in game. This was an all-in-one game which made me stop playing anything else for long long months.
Now, the IV is even better!!! It looks magnificient, the envirnoment is incredibly rich, the music - hmmm... not necessarily, but ok, the missions are more interesting and of course - the girls look fantastic!!! :D There's more in-game entertainment - the game is a combination of a very good shooter, racing game, sports games (there are few incorporated eg. bowling) and the story line is quite gripping with few twists.The cars handle as good as in very decent racing game and the guns sound and "perform" as in any good shooter. I spent over a £1000 upgrading my rig to play this (and few other) game and it was worth every penny.
It is a fantastic piece of entertainment and I recommend it to any adult gamer who wants to hide into a virtual world from time to time. I have yet to try it on-line, purely because of the Call of Duty, but am definately going to try it soon.