Profile for Mary N. Rasmussen > Reviews

Content by Mary N. Rasmussen

Mary N. Rasmussen "mnr" (Danmark)

Page: 1 | 2
The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well (Penguin Life)
The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well (Penguin Life)
by Meik Wiking

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the real deal, 27 Dec. 2016
I enjoyed this book so much that I read it all too quickly. It was hyggelig from the first to the last page. I came to Denmark from Canada some 50 years ago and fell in love with hygge from day one. I suspect that most people have the hygge gene and if it doesn't develop naturally this book will most certainly help it along.

A Royal Night Out [DVD] [2015]
A Royal Night Out [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Sarah Gadon

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely thumbs down, 26 Sept. 2015
I'm sorry but I have never watched a sillier film in my 75 years....a complete waste of money. The story lines were completely unbelievable. It was more farce than film.

Patterson Medical Green Medium Softness Gel Ball Hand Exerciser
Patterson Medical Green Medium Softness Gel Ball Hand Exerciser

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 May 2015
This is just the ticket for training lame hands and so small you can always have it with you.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Frother, 26 July 2014
This is the best milk frothier money can buy!

V7 Protective Neoprene sleeve for tablets, ipads, mini PC up to 10.1" black/ green

5.0 out of 5 stars Fashionable iPad sleeve, 26 July 2014
I find this very useful when having to take my iPad outside my home. It's very easy to use and I don't have to use a cover or backer which add to the weight of my iPad. I'm very pleased with it and I must add that it is as light as a feather.

Kitchen Craft Colourworks 2.8 L Collapsible Colander, 24 cm - Blue
Kitchen Craft Colourworks 2.8 L Collapsible Colander, 24 cm - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A kitchen must, 26 May 2014
How did I ever exist without this space saving colander. I'm now buying them as hostess gifts and the feedback I have received from these is proof of their greatness .

Restaurant Babylon
Restaurant Babylon
by Imogen Edwards-Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Stomach Turning, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Restaurant Babylon (Paperback)
Until reading this book I enjoyed eating out.....now I'm not so sure. Having read all her other books I found this a disappointment and didn't finish it. The language really put me off and the descriptions of what so called professional staff could add to food was the last straw for me. I think this is the last Imogen book I'll be buying.

The Chain Of Curiosity
The Chain Of Curiosity
by Sandi Toksvig

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandi at her best, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Chain Of Curiosity (Paperback)
Sandi's use of the English language is a joy to hear and read and this book didn't let me down. It is a lovely rambling feel good book filled with completely useless but fun bits of information.

This is an ideal book to read while travelling.

Katie.com: One Girl's Loss of Innocence
Katie.com: One Girl's Loss of Innocence
by Katherine Tarbox

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 25 Nov. 2013
I have read this and have bought a copy for my daughter in law. She read it and has given it on to our two Danish speaking granddaughters who are in their early teens.

My DIL and I agree that this should be compulsive reading. It really brings home the horrific dangers out their in cyber space to teenagers who think they can manage everything.

I would love to see this book brought into the schools.

Miller's Collectable's Handbook 2010 2011
Miller's Collectable's Handbook 2010 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A Collectable Collectable, 25 Nov. 2013
If you are looking for a valuation or just an explanation of something then this is the book for you. It is laid out in easy to identify chapter.

I have just a minor moan about it....it is so thorough that it would not be easy to transport around to your car boot sales. It is very, very heavy.

Page: 1 | 2