Profile for Mrs. J. A. Goodchild > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. A. Goo...

Mrs. J. A. Goodchild (Suffolk,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Everybody's Daughter, Nobody's Child
Everybody's Daughter, Nobody's Child
by Jane Lapotaire

4.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memeory lane!, 17 Mar. 2009
I read this book mainly as I was aware the author had lived nearby to my childhood home. As I progressed through the book I couldn't believe how closely our childhood's were linked, although 8 years separated our experiences. Jane's recollection of people, places and organisations is brilliant, and the occasional mis-spelt name only made me search my own recollections further (Miss Hoyle was actually Miss Hoole, Copleston spelt thus). I followed Jane through the same schools, Sunday school and GLB but feel sure that even without this connection other readers would be fascinated by her recall of growing up in the fifties and sixties, and of life as a fostered child with the relationships this entailed. That Jane's success as an actress was achieved despite a total lack of nurturing by family and school is welcome proof that real talent can indeed win through regardless!

Pintoy Baby Walker with Bricks
Pintoy Baby Walker with Bricks
Offered by Spotty Giraffe

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase!, 1 Feb. 2009
I was really pleased with this baby walker and once it was (easily) assembled on Christmas Day my grandson, aged 10 months, was suitably impressed. Traditional, good quality and stability.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4