Profile for Tracy > Reviews

Interstellar Cinderella
Interstellar Cinderella
by Deborah Underwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have fairy tale, 26 Nov. 2016
My 5 yr old daughter and I joke about fairy tales, as the princess always seems to marry the prince after knowing each other for less than a day. This book is different and amazing, and sends all the right messages to children. Cinderella repairs rockets, and she refuses the prince's marriage proposal as she is too young and wants to focus on her career. The story in well written and interesting, and a welcome break from the tired old fairytales!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably an imitation (but an excellent one), 26 Nov. 2016
I suspect this is not an original Elf on the Shelf as we had one already, and this one is marginally larger (I'd say about 5% larger). The other hint is the very good price. That said, if it is an imitation, it is a very good one indeed. The quality is great. The painting of the right eye is not perfect but I'm a stickler for detail. Even thought it is slightly larger, the Elf on the shelf clothing fits absolutely fine.

Melissa & Doug Lock and Roll Rescue Garage - 3 Wooden Vehicles, Garage With Locking Door and Keys
Offered by ABCZoneLtd

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 14 Aug. 2016
We love Melissa and Doug toys for their high quality and educational content. This one doesn't make the grade unfortunately due to the poor design and poor durability. The plastic garage doors break very easily and don't slide smoothly up and down. My two children are generally very gentle with their toys, but I've regularly had to repair this one. The idea is great but the execution needs improvement.

HealthAid Kidz Omega - 60 Capsules
HealthAid Kidz Omega - 60 Capsules

1.0 out of 5 stars Still suffering from after taste, 25 Jan. 2016
Smells and tastes like fish. Absolutely vile and can't blame my little ones for refusing these. £10 wasted,,,

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 17 July 2015
An easy to read and digest summary of key steps one can take to stop procrastinating and focus on what will yield the highest results. Well written and practical. Highly recommend.

Dinosaur Foam Masks, 6 supplied
Dinosaur Foam Masks, 6 supplied
Offered by true case ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good quality, 28 Aug. 2014
Great masks which we used for toddler birthday party. Quality is fairly good for the price. My daughter has been playing with hers for over two months now and it's still intact - I was expecting this to be a one-off throwaway item so pleasantly surprised.

Emmay Care Soft Cushion Potty Seat coloured
Emmay Care Soft Cushion Potty Seat coloured
Offered by Anything 4 Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 28 Aug. 2014
A good quality potty seat, fits reasonably well in our Duravit loos and padded seat seems quite comfortable. Liked it so much we bought 3 (for 3 different loos).

Swaddle Pod Hana BAMBOO 3-6 months / 14-19 lbs / 6.5-9 kgs (3-6, off white)
Swaddle Pod Hana BAMBOO 3-6 months / 14-19 lbs / 6.5-9 kgs (3-6, off white)
Offered by Hanababy Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The best swaddling solution we have tried, 28 Aug. 2014
This is brilliant. We have tried a number of different swaddling methods: simple swaddling blanket (muslin or cellular), Gro Baby swaddle, Merino Kids Cocooi swaddle, and finally this Swaddle pod which was by far the best. The material feels lovely and soft and is perfect for hot summers when we were worried about over-heating. It is also stretchy so baby's movement isn't completely restricted. You can't go wrong as you simply place the baby inside and zip it up. If you need to change a nappy in the middle of the night, unzip from the bottom. It also washes well. Our son slept so well in this swaddle pod, and started sleeping through the night at only 1 week old (and he's a breastfed baby). As he got older he really wanted to be able to move his hands and so we only zipped it up half way and it still worked great. The only thing I would have liked would have been a better choice of colours or designs. However we loved this so much we'll be buying one for our friends who are expecting - it's a practical and affordable gift.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2015 8:04 PM BST

Brother Max One Touch 3-in-1 Digital Thermometer
Brother Max One Touch 3-in-1 Digital Thermometer
Offered by LloydsPharmacy

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate, 22 July 2013
Right from the start we could tell this thermometer was not an accurate way to take our baby's temperature. When using the ear temperature function, we could take her temperature 5 times in the space of 5 minutes, and get wildly different readings. It seemed to do ok as a broad indicator (does she have a temperature or not?) but to pinpoint the difference between a temperature of 37.5 (mild) and 39 (possibility of convulsions) was a bit of a gamble.
Today I attended a first aid talk with a nurse who informed us that ear thermometers in general are inaccurate and even GPs are now stopping using them, as the temperature readings can fluctuate as much as 2 degrees under the most stable circumstances. The forehead functionality she says is even worse, and should only ever be used as an indicator.
On the plus side, this product looks very cool, and it had proven to be a hit with my daughter who loves to go around sticking the thing in other people's ears and making it go "beep". Hours upon hours of fun....

Lulu's Loo
Lulu's Loo
by Camilla Reid

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lulu's Loo (Hardcover)
This is a very simple and sweet book about Lulu, who has started to potty train. There are flaps and different textures to keep the book interactive, and my daughter especially likes to do up Lulu's nappy on the first page. I have found this to be a very useful book to reinforce the idea of using a potty, especially as she enjoys reading it while sitting on the potty herself. Out of all the potty training books we have read together this is firmly our family's favourite one.

What I liked most about this book is that it is not unnecessarily gender specific. I've looked at a number of other potty training books which are labelled 'for girls' and 'for boys' but are not at all different apart from being filled with either pink or blue potties and pants. This book is for all children.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2013 2:16 PM BST