Profile for variety fan > Reviews

Great Bales of Fire: More Tales of a Country Fireman
Great Bales of Fire: More Tales of a Country Fireman
by Malcolm Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Two, 11 Mar. 2014
This was an excellent follow up read from the first book " All Fired Up " Not only was it amusing,but also moving in parts and conveyed a picture of the times and area where Malcolm Castle spent and worked for so many years. Will there be another in the series ? I hope so.
Danbury.

Flying High
Flying High

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great life!, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Flying High (Kindle Edition)
This book certainly makes me want to sign up as cabin crew! Yes, it makes the job look tough - Jennie is very honest about the jet lag and how hard it must be to keep up with friends, family and relationships at home. She's also honest, surprisingly so, about how little money she earns. I had no idea that the job pays so little nowadays. But the fun of it all! The hotels and all the nights out. If you've ever wondered what the glossy crews on your plane get up to when all of us passengers get off then read this book!

Cross
Cross
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars what a series, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Cross (Paperback)
the Alex Cross books are brilliant,but you need to read them all starting with the very first.His family life continues to enthrall and you imagine them all growing up and getting older and developing along with the story lines.

Breathless
Breathless
by Dean Koontz

3.0 out of 5 stars page turner, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Breathless (Hardcover)
always enjoy Dean Kootnz. Can understand how some find them difficult to read you must persevere then you will be hooked keep reading till the last page

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)
by Stieg Larsson

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 16 July 2010
knew I had to read this book all the hype and a film too,but oh dear not for me I tried hard and I do not usually not finish a book,but this was one I could not get to grips with and I will not be trying any of the sequels. Sorry all of you who are are fans of Steig Larsson.

I Can See You (The Minneapolis Series Book 1)
I Can See You (The Minneapolis Series Book 1)
by Karen Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars spellbound, 16 July 2010
what an author she is brilliant.there is excitement intrigue and suspense what more can you want from a book. if you have not read any get down to the shops and start now you will be hooked.

Blindsighted: (Grant County series 1)
Blindsighted: (Grant County series 1)
by Karin Slaughter

5.0 out of 5 stars a true thriller, 16 July 2010
not one for the squeamish karin slaughter has an amazing command for detail one of my favourite authors you must read all of them and you will never be disappointed.

Play Dead
Play Dead
by Harlan Coben

5.0 out of 5 stars page turner, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Play Dead (Paperback)
how does harlan corben continue to excite hard to put down reluctant to finish it but at least there is another yet to read. brilliant

Dear Fatty
Dear Fatty
by Dawn French

5.0 out of 5 stars what a turnaround ....., 15 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Dear Fatty (Paperback)
I don't normally read books about people I don't really like - but everyone had raved about this one so I gave it a go - and I am very glad I did! I have totally changed my mind about dawn french now. From someone who I thought had been a bit overrated and annoying I now totally get her. And I like her. All through this clever format of letters and messages - I'm very pleased I took other peoples' recommendations to read it - and am happy to pass that on to others!

The Coroner (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
The Coroner (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
by Matthew Hall

4.0 out of 5 stars wow, 15 Feb. 2010
this book really does seem to be a new genre, as lynda la plante (I think it is) says in one of the reviews. It's a while since I read this kind of a thriller, but after reading several great real life medical books lately I thought this was a perfect next step - and it was. The story really wrapped itself around me, I certainly wasn't annoyed by the central character as some reviewers were. I found her very believable, and I really enjoyed learning about how the various agencies, police, hospitals etc, all tie in together - and who has power over who. I had no idea that coroners could make such demands of others - and even lock people up! this will probably make a great tv show!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3