Profile for SRT > Reviews

La Llamada De La Habana
La Llamada De La Habana
by Neus Sans

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 26 Aug. 2016
helpful to squeeze in a bit more Spanish learning when driving. Still quite hard but spoken clearly and not too fast. Short chapters (very short book) but I needed them to be short as had to play most chapters several times to pick up most of the Spanish.

The Friendly Swede Egg Shaped Hand Exercise Balls (Set of 3 Resistance Levels)
The Friendly Swede Egg Shaped Hand Exercise Balls (Set of 3 Resistance Levels)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 26 Aug. 2016
helped my recovery from a wrist fracture

Ripper Bands - Expand your hand bands for extensor training
Ripper Bands - Expand your hand bands for extensor training
Offered by Valhalla Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 26 Aug. 2016
helped my recovery from a wrist fracture, but can only use the 2 lower strength bands even with my 'good' hand

Perfecting the Past in Spanish
Perfecting the Past in Spanish
by Mr Gordon Smith-Duran

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful and a good book for all levels, 26 Aug. 2016
I have bought all of the books by these teachers. They are very clear and informal and as other reviewers have said it is helpful to get explanations from an English speaker who has learnt Spanish and who understands some of the blocks and difficulties. Some may not gel with his humour, but it is not intrusive and underneath all of it you sense a passion for helping us to understand.
I think you still need to have a standard grammar book to go alongside this (I use the Collins one) but there are more examples and explanations in this book and lots of exercises! It has only just arrived so I am only partway through and although I am at lower intermediate level I am still learning new and helpful things in the first third of the book and I can see that there are some useful and challenging sections ahead. I think it is a good book for near beginners as well so they can get some basic ideas sorted as early as possible, this book will help. Have also found their website and podcast helpful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2016 4:14 PM BST

Demystifying the Spanish Subjunctive: Feel the Fear and 'Subjunctive' Anyway
Demystifying the Spanish Subjunctive: Feel the Fear and 'Subjunctive' Anyway
by Mr Gordon Smith-Durán

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 25 Aug. 2015
I have just found the lightspeed spanish website and found it very helpful. Am working my way through this book . It all makes sense to me so far. I have the BBC and Collins grammar books that I like and my Open University textbooks but this book goes into the subjunctive in greater depth and there are lots of practice sentences. I haven't used any other 'practice subjunctive' books so can't compare but don't think i will need to look beyond this book (at B1/2 level).

Moderato Cantabile - Komitas, Gurdjieff & Mompou
Moderato Cantabile - Komitas, Gurdjieff & Mompou

5.0 out of 5 stars just wonderful meditative music, 25 Aug. 2015
I work in an open plan office and have to use headphones and play music, this is on my 'keep calm' playlist

Fitness-Mad Studio Pro-Mat 180cm
Fitness-Mad Studio Pro-Mat 180cm

3.0 out of 5 stars thick, 31 May 2015
in fact I find this mat a bit too thick even for use at home, but very much a personal preference

Talk Spanish Grammar
Talk Spanish Grammar
by Susan Dunnett

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear & comprehensive, 31 May 2015
This review is from: Talk Spanish Grammar (Paperback)
Clear and thorough with little exercises at the end of the chapter. Good explanations and good examples. I have used this for my OU course (En Rumbo) and find it much easier to understand than the OU recommended grammar book.

Hiroshige. One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
Hiroshige. One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
by Melanie Treade

5.0 out of 5 stars such a beautiful book. The reproductions are clear and I love ..., 31 May 2015
such a beautiful book. The reproductions are clear and I love the paper it is printed on. I am no expert on this painter so cannot comment on whether it is a good representation of his work or not. i will buy this for others as a present as it looks so special and unusual.
Only fault is that the inner margin is too narrow so hard to fully open out each page.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3