Profile for M. watts > Reviews

Armageddon [DVD]
Armageddon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis

1.0 out of 5 stars nausiating, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Armageddon [DVD] (DVD)
the most awful, nauseating movie we have ever seen, are there people like these that actually exist, shouting about all the time.
Most terrible dialogue we have heard, I have binned the DVD immediately, just terrible.

Red 2 [DVD]
Red 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars top ten worst movies?, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Red 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking forward to this movie with some great actors in it, but it was just rubbish, Helen Mirren looked ridiculous
everything was over the top and more.
Seems movie makers just can't make an intelligent, simple action movie, just needs a good believable script but four of us
just looked at each other at the end in disbelief that anyone could make such an utterly stupid movie especially with those super actors in it, so disappointing, waste of time and money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 11:15 PM GMT

The Great Gatsby [DVD] [2013]
The Great Gatsby [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

1.0 out of 5 stars so bad we turned it off, 4 Nov. 2013
This is one of the worst movies we have ever seen and after some 30 mins we stopped watching it. Totally muddled, ridiculous rap soundtrack, De Caprio doesn't have the presence of Robert Redford and although we didn't see it all the way through four of us all movie lovers just couldn't watch this any longer , really not a fan of Baz Luhrmann at all.
Just our opinion of course.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2014 7:30 AM GMT

Tom Grattan's War - The Complete Series [DVD] [1968]
Tom Grattan's War - The Complete Series [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Michael Howe

2.0 out of 5 stars narrative spoils the series, 28 Oct. 2013
We found the narration consistently spoiling the story and very annoying, he seemed to be determined to do the actors job for them by describing nearly everything they thought.
Many stories are rather childish but reading several reviews by lovers of this series we are in the minority it seems, but feel it may be helpful to anyone purchasing this series that this continuous narration may not suit everyone, it makes it difficult to engage with the characters.

Live And Let Die [Blu-ray] [1973] [Region Free]
Live And Let Die [Blu-ray] [1973] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Roger Moore

1.0 out of 5 stars Tom Keogh reviews, 23 Sept. 2013
do we have to be inflicted with Tom Keogh writing unhelpful and nasty reviews about movies such as Live and let die?
Loved the tongue and cheek fun of Roger Moore but obviously not enough sex, violence and special effects for Tom Keogh.
We look to write ups to just give us a brief outline about what the movie is about, the wonderful reviewers do a so much
better job of commenting on the movie

Campion: The Complete Collection [1989] [DVD]
Campion: The Complete Collection [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Davison

3.0 out of 5 stars slow and unengaging, 8 Jun. 2013
I usually love Peter Davidson, so good in The Braithwaite's, but he is so laid back in this to be to the point of almost boring
the stories unfold in the same way.
Usually I am happy to watch slower paced series but this was just not my thing.
I didn't like his assistant much, there seemed very little spark between them, some of the stories were quite childish in my opinion.
Very disappointed.

Blandings - Series 1 [DVD]
Blandings - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Saunders

3.0 out of 5 stars over the top, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Blandings - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love Timothy Spall but his attempt tp play Lord Elmsworth just dosen't work, I saw Ralph Riochardson act it and he was a natural for the part but Spall struggles with the accent and surely there are so many better who could have played his sister.
Elmswort's son is so over the top to be ridiculous as was Baxter.
Funny as Wodehouse is you still need to make it all believable and sincere, I have read the book so many times and it continues to make me laugh but this version is straining hard to make the whole thing work, having said all that
there are things to enjoy and at least it is a pleasant way to relax watching it

Lincoln [DVD]
Lincoln [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Day-Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars so boring, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lincoln [DVD] (DVD)
Speilberg started his career with films like Jaws, wonderfully entertaining, but this is just a bore, full of mumbling dialogue
Daniel Day Lewis speaks in a monotinous tone designed to send you to sleep, Tommy Lee Jones looks like on of the three Stooges and Sally Fields should never been cast in her part.
This isn't entertaiment, just an interminably series of monologues,in my opinion!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2013 6:18 AM BST

Django Unchained  (DVD) [2013]
Django Unchained (DVD) [2013]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars violence for the sake of it, 24 Feb. 2013
Oh dear, what have we come to, the Director has to have blood spurting all over the place, slaves chewed up by dogs, women being whipped just to get himself noticed I suspect.
A terrible example of where modern American cinema is and is heading to, my wife was just disgusted with it, also so over the top, could have been an interesting western with basic story fine although done to bits in the past.
Lets get back to the days of Shane and High Noon, intelligent movies about real caracters.
How does all this violence and gruesome scenes get so many applauding it, anyway not my type of movie and Inglorious Bastards wasn't much better but everyone to their own opinion
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2013 2:47 PM BST

Andrea Bocelli: Under The Desert Sky - Live In Las Vegas [DVD] [NTSC]
Andrea Bocelli: Under The Desert Sky - Live In Las Vegas [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Andrea Bocelli

3.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli is not a crooner, 25 Dec. 2012
I love Bocelli but seeing him perform songs that Perry Como and many others have performed in the past was such a waste of his talents. Lovely setting but I found it quite boring and uninspiring, it should have been a wonderful evening but
I watched a very talented performer wasting his great voice on ballards anyone could sing.
A better mix was Vivere live in Tuscany