Profile for Jay > Reviews

Content by Jay

Jay

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NICOZERO® 50ml Large Bulk E Shisha Vape Refill Bottled Liquid Oil Juice Flavours (0% Nicotine) (Tobacco Cigar)
Offered by Wisdom Trading Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Cream of Delight, 3 July 2015
I found the ice cream flavour very nice. The added bonus was that it came in 5 x 10ml bottles. The labelling of product is a bit suspect. (Mine said Breathe in and not Nicozero). Still, it is good value for money.

mini pro tank clearomizer 2.4ml for ce4 ce5 and ce5 . shisha pen atomizer
mini pro tank clearomizer 2.4ml for ce4 ce5 and ce5 . shisha pen atomizer
Offered by UK Top Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars May need tweaking but good for the price!, 16 Jun. 2015
Very quick delivery from Bargain Deals UK and purchased at a bargain price. I have ordered a couple more as back up. If you are on a budget this will do the job until you can afford the real mcoy. Reading other reviews, this is a bit like 'Marmite' you either love it or hate it? The 3 coils that came with it may not be up to much but it really depends on the luck of the draw. My first order seems to be working okay so far. Hope the next is just as good.

Mozart: Complete Symphonies (The VoxBox Edition)
Mozart: Complete Symphonies (The VoxBox Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and a musical bargain, 13 Feb. 2014
I am a classical music novice but like to think I can appreciate good music when I hear it. For a little under £5 I have
managed to purchase an mp3 download of the complete symphonies of Mozart. There is over 160 tracks which will take me over 12 hours to listen to.

I know nothing at all about the musicians or orchestra who play on this collection. But to my ears, both in terms of melody and audio performance, this is a very pleasant experience from an instrument and technical point of view.

What can I say? It is soothing, uplifting and joyful. For such a small investment I am delighted.

I would strongly suggest people with a good taste in music grab this before the price increases. I am aware that a previous reviewer oes up

Tied To The Wheel & King Dieselbilly(2Cd)
Tied To The Wheel & King Dieselbilly(2Cd)
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rockabilly treat that keeps on giving, 13 Feb. 2014
Had I purchased these albums individually it would have cost me a small fortune but I was lucky to pick up a 2 for 1 edition. There is some duplication but it is still a bargain.

Bill Kirchen is a bit of an unsung hero to the general public. He is a master of the telecaster, a fine singer, a very witty songwriter and entertainer. He is also Instrumental in the birth of British Pub Rock but that's another story.

All I can say is that this collection is a joy from start to finnish. It will bring a smile to your face as you marvel at the guitar work and the sense of joy as a craftsman plies his trade for your listening pleasure. Although there are a few moments when it is serious for the most part it is good time music. Enjoy.

101 - The Best of Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee (feat. Billy Bland)
101 - The Best of Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee (feat. Billy Bland)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice introduction to a Blues duo, 13 Feb. 2014
For the price you can't really go wrong. Fantastic blend of harmonica, acoustic guitar and shared vocals. Legend has it that, they did not get on offstage in real life but they sure how knew how to make great music together.

With so many songs on offer in this collection you are bound to come across a few that are not to your liking? Still, it is an essential purchase at a bargain price.

In closing, a good investment and education in folk blues.

Eight Classic Albums
Eight Classic Albums
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a delight, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Eight Classic Albums (Audio CD)
Although I have the CD collection, I have only listened to the free mp3 download which came with this purchase.

I am very happy and have no complaints on the music side. Dinah Washington has a very distinctive voice that you either love or hate.

I already own a couple of compilations but this is a fantastic way to get her back catalogue at a bargain price. My only moan is that I would have liked the CD booklet to be a bit more detailed.

Christmas Songbook
Christmas Songbook

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the ear but festive and warm., 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Christmas Songbook (Audio CD)
Part of a collection of cds purchased for my father. When I was growing up I would often have to put up with him playing his records! Lol

Now I am older and wiser, I can appreciate just how good a singer Jim Reeves was.

As a child, I always liked snowflake and was surprised it was not included in this festive collection. However, my dad enjoyed his CD and I get to listen to the MP3.
....

Quality Street - A Seasonal Selection For All The Family
Quality Street - A Seasonal Selection For All The Family

5.0 out of 5 stars Saint Nick delivers a Christmas treat and raises the bar!, 10 Feb. 2014
Purchased in October. Apologies for the late review. I am not able to add too much to what has already been said but in a just world this album should never disappear and become the soundtrack for the festive season for many years to come.

This collection contains new compositions and old some old neglected songs that were new to me. So, even if you already have Xmas albums in your collection you are sure to find some gems here that you may not have heard before. Admittedly, you would have heard Silent Night and Roy Wood's Wish it could be Xmas everyday. But Lowe and his band serve it up with a fresh and new approach.

In closing, it is exactly what it says on the box. It acknowledges Jesus, children, love and the family. It has elements of fun and warm sentiment and is full of good cheer. What more could you ask for? Needless to say, Lowe is in fine voice with the slow numbers and the uptempo tracks..

Fate and The Exorcist: An In-depth Interview with William Peter Blatty
Fate and The Exorcist: An In-depth Interview with William Peter Blatty

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative, 7 Feb. 2014
Firstly, at the price being asked it is a bargain.

Secondly, he reveals the true identities of the characters in his comic novel Demons 5 etc. (I can't recall the exact title?)

All in all, short but sweet and illuminating.

Waking Up the World
Waking Up the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and inspirational, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Waking Up the World (MP3 Download)
A very deep and meaningful album the requires the listener to give it a fair hearing (more than once!)

I first had the pleasure of encountering the musical delights of Andy Leek over 20 years ago. (See Say Something review) I was disparate to like his latest offering when I realised he was still active.

First off, I have to say that Waking Up The World may not be as commercial as his first album. This is a very personal and emmotional set of lyrics set to beautiful music. In which you get bursts of harmonica, which you don't often get outside of the blues or Neil Young.

I got the distinct impression that this is not music for money or fun, but something much more sincere. A celebration of life warts and all. There is a lot of honest truth pouring out of this record. It might be a touch too religious at times for some?

Open your heart and your ears and you will be rewarded. I know he has had health problems and that is reflected in Waking Up The World from start to finish. I sincerely hope there is more to come from Andy Leek as his music is worthy of a wider audience. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting his next offering and hope I don't have to wait too long!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3