Profile for Crisismoon > Reviews

Content by Crisismoon

Crisismoon (Scotland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Medela 16 mm Contact Nipple Shields with Case (Small)
Medela 16 mm Contact Nipple Shields with Case (Small)

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped reduce pain significantly, 11 April 2016
These made it possible for me to attempt to feed my baby directly for a little longer - without them I wouldn't have been able to continue. They are very thin and have a cut out section so that baby's nose is not touching the shield and she can smell your skin. I had a noticeable reduction in pain with a very aggressive latcher. The size was good for me - it is worth measuring to ensure you get the right size!

They come with a great little case so they are easy to take out with you if you do need to use them for every feed.

The one downside is I felt I needed more pairs so I could properly sterilize them in time for all the feeds (especially with a younger baby who needs to feed often)

Philips AVENT SCF142/00 Trainer Handles - Fits All Classic Avent Bottles only (Colours may vary)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good addition but handles are a little bit short., 11 April 2016
I got these to go with the Philips Avent bottles as my baby had started trying to hold the bottle herself and I wanted to encourage her by giving her some help. These definitely help her hold it a little better and fit the bottle well, but the handles on them are not very long - if they were a little longer it would be much easier for her to grip with her clumsy little hands and easier for her to learn to angle the bottle.

The World of Eric Carle , the Very Hungry Caterpillar  Developmental Caterpillar,by Rainbow Designs
The World of Eric Carle , the Very Hungry Caterpillar Developmental Caterpillar,by Rainbow Designs
Offered by NURSERY THYME

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and interesting baby toy, 11 April 2016
This is a fantastic sensory play toy which my baby has very much enjoyed. It has many well thought out little details for babies to enjoy including beads on a ring, a teether tail, different textures of material, a jingling bell inside and best of all - little fabric tags (has anyone else noticed babies love the tags on plushies best of all?!). It's attached securely to a nice hook for hanging in a cot, off a stroller or in our case to hang on our playmat gym to rotate the toys around and keep things new and interesting.

It's quite a good size of toy too so when it is not hanging up my baby likes to put her arms around it and cuddle as well.

Philips Avent Classic+ Feeding Bottle  SCF563/37 (260ml/9oz) x 3
Philips Avent Classic+ Feeding Bottle SCF563/37 (260ml/9oz) x 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bottles, lids not 100% secure, 11 April 2016
These are great bottles which have been very useful for switching over to combination feeding for using with formula. They are a good size and can easily hold the largest feed which my 6 month old baby would need. The neck of the bottles is nice and wide making it much easier to scoop formula into and the measurements on the side are clearly marked for both ml and oz.

My only complaint about these bottles is the lids are not very secure - you must carefully line up the teat when putting the lid on so that it sits pressed straight into the top of the lid - not at an angle - and even then if you turn the bottle on its side or upside down it will gradually leak. Usually this is not a problem as I can make sure and pack them in my diaper bag upright, but if any fall over in the bag they will leak.

Medela Slow Flow Silicone Teats (2-Pack)
Medela Slow Flow Silicone Teats (2-Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for feeding but hard to transport for going out., 11 April 2016
I used these with my medela bottles and they were so convenient for feeding pumped milk - I could pump and put these straight on the bottle I pumped into for feeding. My baby loves them and finds them easy to drink from.

The only disappointment I have is that they do not come with a bottle cap (or indeed the ring to attach the teats to the bottle, luckily I had this part already with the bottles) - this made transporting them for feeding on the go really difficult as I had to put them in a little sterilized tub.

Philips AVENT SCF145/06 Bottle and Teat Brush
Philips AVENT SCF145/06 Bottle and Teat Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle brush that should last, 11 April 2016
This bottle brush is sturdy and works really well for my Philips AVENT bottles as well as everything else I am washing up to go in the sterilizer. I love that I don't have to change brushes as the tip of the handle is designed to give the teats a clean.

Rainbow Silicone Teething Necklace Breastfeeding Baby Nursing 21 Beads BPA Free, Hand-Made by MilkMama

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing teething necklace., 11 April 2016
I love this teething necklace! I babywear at some point every day and this is such a nice necklace for baby to hold and chew one while she is in the wrap or carrier. The beads are really colourful and my daughter loves that they are a variety of sizes - she chews her way right around all the beads.

The clasp is secure but it is reassuring to know it will release if baby really pulls on the necklace. The length is perfect for babywearing, it feels a little on the short side as a fiddle necklace while feeding - baby often pulls me in closer during feeds with it on.

It's really useful to have something like this where I know I always have something that will entertain my baby and since it's worn by me it's not going to be dropped on the floor while we're out so it stays nice and clean.

Easy Peasy Nappies Hemp Nappy Booster Insert Pack 5
Easy Peasy Nappies Hemp Nappy Booster Insert Pack 5
Offered by Easy Peasy Nappies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent booster for night diapers, 11 April 2016
I am using these as a booster for overnight diapers. These inserts are quite thin but they do hold a lot of urine regardless - I added these to baby's night diapers and we went from overnight leaks to nice and dry in the morning. Since they are thin they don't make the night diapers super bulky.

I used these with Littlebloom pocket diapers. In terms of fit for this brand, these inserts are a good length but are a little narrow. This would be an issue if I was using them without other inserts, but since they are a booster this is no problem.

I use one microfibre insert, one bamboo insert and one of these boosters and it's enough to keep my heavy wetting baby dry overnight - even though she sleeps for 10 solid hours each night.

Clevamama Stackable Travel Container for Formula and Food
Clevamama Stackable Travel Container for Formula and Food

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful I bought a second one, 11 April 2016
I was so pleased with this travel container I bought a second one, as well as using them every day when we go out they got me through a long haul flight with baby with ease. I am using these currently for powdered formula but I will be using these to transport food as well shortly when we begin weaning.

The stack comes with 3 individual tubs for either powdered formula or food, a spout, a bottle cap for the spout as well as a more substantial cover to go over the top of this small cap and a flat green lid (which will be very useful when I am no longer using it for formula - I can just remove the spout part and finish with the green lid instead).

The tubs easily hold about 8 scoops of formula and I found they screw together securely and easily. I found the spout incredibly useful for making sure the formula all makes it into the bottle. I have had to make up feeds in some awkward placed while travelling and this made things so much easier.

All parts run through the sterilizer very well so I am sure they are properly clean.

Anorak Grobag Kissing Squirrels Bag (2.5  tog,  6 - 18 m)
Anorak Grobag Kissing Squirrels Bag (2.5 tog, 6 - 18 m)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful safe sleepsuit, 11 April 2016
I bought this for my baby in the 6 - 18 months size once I felt she was outgrowing her previous ones. I am really pleased - this grobag is huge and will last her a long time for the money spent. I had to change to this at 5 months as my baby is long and she was beginning to be uncomfortable in the 0 - 6 month size.

This keeps my baby warm overnight and I am reassured she is sleeping in something safe that cannot end up over her face. She is rolling over a lot during the night and this does not interfere or cause her problems doing that which is great.

The bag comes with a little cardboard thermometer - it's the type you often see stuck on the side of a fishtank so it's not super accurate. It is useful however as it has a guide for what your little one should wear under the grobag for the room temperature - it also gives you an indicator of what tog of grobag you should be using. This is so useful to make sure the baby is not going to overheat (which increases risk of SIDS), nor will they be chilly.

The fabric is really nice and soft and the print I picked (Kissing Squirrels) is a really nice neutral print. It would look great in a lot of the modern style grey and white themed nurseries that are currently really popular.

The grobag washes really well, it does take a little while to dry in this weight (2.5 tog).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4