Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Ian Grace > Reviews

Content by Ian Grace

Ian Grace

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Fridgemaster MCF98 Freestanding Chest Freezer - White
Fridgemaster MCF98 Freestanding Chest Freezer - White

4.0 out of 5 stars This was the product I received, not a packaging issue - outer packing was perfect., 11 Jan. 2017
The freezer itself is OK, good energy consumption, rated A+++ but the product itself I received, with no damage to the outer packing, was poor - a vent was smashed and there was a dent in the corner. This was not a packaging issue but is a review of the product itself (for the benefit of Amazon who are screening these comments and restricting them)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Silentnight Comfortable Foam Rolled Mattress - Double
Silentnight Comfortable Foam Rolled Mattress - Double

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok. Not recommended for long term use, recommend a memory foam topper!, 4 Jan. 2017
I have slept nearly three months on this mattress. I made a mistake and should have ordered the memory foam version.

But I decided to give it a chance.

After one month sleeping alone on one side of a double-bed the mattresses notably sagging, so I twisted it through 180 degrees and all was ok for a week until the same sagging started happening again, which was exacerbating back niggles.

So I decided to sleep in the middle of the bed.

But no, it is becoming more and more uncomfortable for me so I am going to buy a memory foam topper.

I have shared a double-bed for 20 years without any discomfort really but you gets what you pay for I guess. It is ok to get you out of a spot but not recommended for long term usage.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR)

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit too graphic for Animal Lovers and Vegetarians at times, otherwise excellent., 30 Dec. 2016
I had this delivered yesterday and it is unbelievable, showing the true potentialities of the VR Headset - reminds me of watching Hammer House movies as a youngster on a Sunday night, really quite frightening as you lurch around on a rollercoaster - the sensation is amazing as is the lighting, the music, the atmospherics - out of this world!
But..... and there is a bit....... part of the horror is going through a slaughterhouse and having to duck massive rotary saws dripping with blood, you blast apart pigs bodies that are hanging on hooks with their innards stripped out and it is very effectively horrific...... very very graphic. Whereas the virtual reality is excellent in this game, sometimes I would rather not be a part of the environments which are pretty disgusting.
If you have a VR Headset then buy this if you can put up with those scenes, the most amazing game yet!

iBenzer - Soft-Skin Smooth Finish Plastic Hard Case Cover for Macbook Pro 15.4'' with Retina Display (A1398) NO CD-ROM,Orange UK-MMP15R-OR

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 16 Oct. 2016
Does what is says on the tin, fits very well. Not really much more that I can say!! Happy with purchase? Nice colour? Matches my fake sun tan? Recommended anyway.

HB's Motorbike Kevlar Jeans 36W X 30L
HB's Motorbike Kevlar Jeans 36W X 30L
Offered by QIS Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain at £50, super when used in conjunction with Forcefield lower body armour!, 12 Oct. 2016
Together with Forcefield underwear these are superb. I am a 34 waist, I ordered 36 to allow for the Forcefield lower body armour, love love love these, only preferring full leathers for track use. Appear well made, as another reviewer points out the knee protectors easily fall out but I would take them out anyway given the protection that the Forcefield offer. Very good value for money, have ordered a second pair, thanks HB and Amazon!

TomTom Bandit Bike Pack Action Camera
TomTom Bandit Bike Pack Action Camera
Offered by OvisTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Missed the ball!!!! Not the camera, but Amazon!!!!!!, 16 Aug. 2016
Superb with sensor overlays you can add to your vids like g-force and mph when editing - solid, decent brackets and the bike action camera pack is the one to go for with all the additional bits - bought direct from tomtom.com for £279 so really feel Amazon have missed the ball with this one.

Battery was good for 7 20 minute sessions at brands 1080p 60fps with some to spare, very very pleased.

3M Headlight Lens Restoration Kit to Restore Dull/Faded/Discoloured Headlights
3M Headlight Lens Restoration Kit to Restore Dull/Faded/Discoloured Headlights

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended without hesitation., 22 Mar. 2016
At over £930 per replacement headlight assembly for a 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, I needed to do something or at the next MOT the state of the headlights may have become a problem, plus for safety reasons the headlights should be in optimal condition in an ideal world. Toothpaste has been suggested as an option but at less than £20 for this restoration kit and £9 for Sealant with a £5 roll of tape to protect the body work I thought I would give it a go, since it bore the 3M marque. The results are excellent, well pleased and even if I have to do this once or twice a year then 5/5, no complaints at all - I did read that after using similar products that the headlights revert to a yellow/crazed state after a few months so I opted to also use a plastic sealer that is recommended by Amazon when you but this product. Highly recommended (as others have noted, the compound can fleck at the final stage so wear an apron or older clothes, it will go everywhere re: surrounding perimeter of your car........)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sony PHA-1EU USB DAC High Resolution Audio Portable Headphone Amplifier
Sony PHA-1EU USB DAC High Resolution Audio Portable Headphone Amplifier

4.0 out of 5 stars It didn't transform my world as I wanted it to initially, a learning exercise!!!, 13 Feb. 2016
Early impressions (10-15 hours playback, variety of sources and material) are that if you expect this little device to transform your digital listening, in my experience it won't. Volume is improved, depth and body of music marginally better, but if you have already got decent headphones we are getting into "wine-tasting territory" with all suggested improvements subjective.

I am using an iphone 6 plus and use both Tidal and Apple Music with a pair of Sony MDR1ABT Headphones. I cannot really differentiate between the quality of the 256 kbps and 1411 kbps high-fidelity material throught the DAC which may be something to do with the respective qualities and claims of the music service providors who knows. So I plugged the headphones directly into the phone with the same conclusions. Audiophiles might argue that I should base my conclusions having sampled high-res music, but I am not willing to do so for the moment - I want to listen to music I listen to without re-purchasing albums again, CD quality is absolutely fine... Apple Lossless in my case..... and am playing around with this and the NWA25 to see if the High-Res resolution is really for me first. Some argue High-Res frequencies are the above the range of human hearing.

Find it a pain to have to charge the DAC separately, also Sony and Apple could at least have come up with a right-angled lightning connector to make the thing a little more comfortable to use surely? No lead supplied for iphones (as you might expect with Sony) - so buy one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SMVNXKI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00. The rubber straps don't really work with an iphone 6 plus, I have an NWA25 on order without headphones from abroad which it may make be more suited to and then I will do the same tests with the same material with that. Will I send it back? Probably not, it is good enough to keep, Apple Music at 256 kbps through the DAC sounds great, and all improvements at this end - assuming decent headphones/speakers - are marginal - that's my experience to date. If you want to try the Tidal hi-fi fidelity test I found it useful to realise just how difficult it was to differentiate between lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity but note you will not be able to download it on a portable device, you need to use a PC/MAC.

Update: Patrick McCann was rightfully vocal on the comments section about using a better quality player than the iPhone 6 plus and initial impressions with the Sony NWA25 are very good, using the supplied walkman cable (WM Port?) rather than the lightning to USB connection. Please note that I am trying to get to an excellent standard of playback using Lossless material so have DSEE HX turned on. I simply am not prepared to pay for high-res albums, vastly overpriced and a limited range, so far so good and a substantial improvement on the iPhone 6+, alas I lose the functionality and ease of use of Apple Music.

“Slow” from Seasons of the Soul by Rumer (for example) has a transformed soundstage, more body, depth, warmth and detail, I’ll take a week or so of fairly intensive listening but the NWA25 has set this DAC alight, starting to enjoy it.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2016 11:51 AM BST

Sony MDR-1ABT High-Res Audio Bluetooth Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-1ABT High-Res Audio Bluetooth Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars In spite a couple of niggles, just brilliant headphones and a 5 star award!!, 16 Jan. 2016
These headphones were bought on a lightning deal at sub £190 and are frankly phenomenal. Blutooth is superb with brilliant range, battery life is phenomenal (charge once and forget it, just brilliant) - I must have used them for 15-20 hours and the battery indicator on the iphone (next to the bluetooth indicator) is at 70%! Sound is gorgeous with a reported 4Hz lower end and whereas this is beyond the range of human hearing the bass is good, mids are strong and treble is delicious. The touch controls on the right-hand earphone takes a bit of getting used to and connecting with a cable brings slightly more body and depth to music, but CD's delivered by iTunes match at 256kbps sound gorgeous. The carrying case is a bit weak and mean but for sheer quality these headphones excel. Taking a phone call over the headphones appears indistinguishable from speaking over the microphone. In spite of the grumbles I still award these five stars and would highly recommend them at the price I purchased them. Please note I have not had the opportunity to listen to the high-res playback of the headphones and these were not bought for that purpose, although I may go down that route just to see how good they are. Really pleased with this purchase.

Update: I have also purchased the PHA1 DAC Headphone amplifier -http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Resolution-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B014R2VQAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456273719&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+pha+dac - which mildly improved performance with the iPhone 6+.......... and then have listened with the NWA25 High-Res Audio Player (LDAC, DSEE HX, listening to Lossless material only) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NW-A25HN-Resolution-Walkman-Cancelling/dp/B013YIX8GW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1456273859&sr=8-7&keywords=nwa25. The sound is superb, soundstage transformed, body, depth, detail so if you are looking for a superb mid-range package which punches above its' weight then this combination is superb.

B Sides and Rarities
B Sides and Rarities

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful., 29 Dec. 2015
This review is from: B Sides and Rarities (Audio CD)
Just beautiful music. Thank you Rumer. Up there with Boys Don't Cry. Really special.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9