Profile for Wine Geek > Reviews

The Stranger
The Stranger
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album and great SACD, 12 April 2014
This review is from: The Stranger (Audio CD)
At first I wasn't quite sure of the added value of the SACD, but then upon hearing my older CDs I realised - the vocals really pop out on this one. They have depth, nuance and a dynamic range far better than previous versions. Terrific.

Samsung Slim External CD DVRW Burner
Samsung Slim External CD DVRW Burner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and much cheaper substitute to the Apple drive, 12 April 2014
I wanted something to work with my MacBook Pro that would allow me to quickly rip my CD collection. Need something compact, fast, and without a drawer mechanism which I hate - this has worked perfectly so far, looks pretty nice (though not quite as slick as the Apple product), and 50+ CDs later is proving to be a very good choice.

The Great Domaines of Burgundy
The Great Domaines of Burgundy
by Remington Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive reference, 12 May 2010
This book is a Burg lover's paradise, with listings for most of the notable producers that detail each domaine's history, vineyard holdings, negociant wines and winemaking techniques and philosophy. The book is organized by sub-regions/villages, with a general description of each appellation. Be aware that if you're looking for tasting notes of specific wines, this is not for you. It is, however, the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference on the Cote d'Or that I've seen.

Ring Of Fire: The Legend Of Johnny Cash
Ring Of Fire: The Legend Of Johnny Cash

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 13 Mar. 2006
Like many others, I only recently discovered Johnny Cash having seen the film "Walk the Line". Better late than never.
I can't remember the last time I listened with such undivided concentration to a CD. There's something about Johnny Cash's song-writing and his delivery that is just hypnotic. You find yourself really listening to the words. The cover versions of U2's One and Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus are among the best covers I've heard for any song in any style (and I'm a huge DM fan).
The last track, "Hurt", is one of the most beautiful songs ever written, recorded in Cash's home studio when he was already terminally ill. The frailty in his voice makes you realise that every word in the song is true.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2008 5:45 PM GMT