Profile for C W Walledge > Reviews

Panasonic  KX-TG8061EB Single Colour DECT Phone with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8061EB Single Colour DECT Phone with Answer Machine
Offered by Bargain_Dredge_Station

4.0 out of 5 stars Not over-impressed., 12 Nov. 2015
As an OAP, I found this a little more complicated than I expected. Would work through a sequence of screens but couldn't get out of final screen. Now I've discovered that the red button takes you back to the Home screen so not so bad.
Structure of phone is as I expected but playback of messages sounds a little cheap and tinny for my liking. Although a caller's voice sounds fine.

Wouldn't say it was a bargain for the price but it does what it said it would do. Feel the message replay should be on left and delete on the right.

Windows 8.1 For Dummies
Windows 8.1 For Dummies
by Andy Rathbone

4.0 out of 5 stars I needed this, 22 Jan. 2014
Unless you're a computer whiz, you'll need this book for Windows 8.1. The best information it gave me was that I can type in a help request on the deskbook page even though there's initially no box for entering text. This appears after the first letter is typed. But bearing in mind how complicated Win 8.1 appears to a Dummy like me, it does a good job. If I get stuck, I type in the problem as previously stated.

Acctim 71117 Denio Radio Controlled Alarm Clock, Silver
Acctim 71117 Denio Radio Controlled Alarm Clock, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 20 Dec. 2013
I was looking for an alarm clock that self-corrects so no need to re-set manually for BST twice a year. Most outlets were asking £20-30. Then I came across this one..A fraction of the price and not only gives perfect time, but displays the Day of the Week, date and month but also temperature and phase of the moon!

When the alarm goes off, you can (1) hit the snooze button.(2) hit the button which resets till tomorrow or (3) turn off the alarm altogether.

I received this via Royal Mail 24 hours after Amazon received order even though it was due in 3-5 days. And at the time I paid £11.50 INCLUDING POSTAGE. I hope you're this lucky too.