Profile for Mr. S. Poulman > Reviews

Black Aluminium Plastic Battery Cover Back Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
Black Aluminium Plastic Battery Cover Back Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
Offered by vococal-tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement cover for S2, 27 Jan. 2015
Excellent quality for the price.

Proraso Shaving Soap For Sensitive Skin (150 ml)
Proraso Shaving Soap For Sensitive Skin (150 ml)
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather average, 21 Nov. 2014
Can't get excited about this soap, I'm afraid. It's quite soft, so it's easy to make lather, but it's not a particularly lubricating lather. After a shave, my face does not feel as lubricated as it does with some of my creams. And I don't care much for the scent, either; a bit old fashioned. So, it's OK, but I won't be buying again.

Semogue 620 Shaving Brush
Semogue 620 Shaving Brush
Offered by Portuguese Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great brush from Semogue, 21 Nov. 2014
Another great brush from Semogue. This one is great for face lathering (which I prefer) because it has a lot of backbone. Once it is broken in and the hairs split, it is also very soft. However, be aware that it does take time to break in. It took me three weeks of daily shaves and initially I almost gave up because of the poor quality lather I was getting, But I persevered and now I am rewarded with rich lather from soap or cream. It is on the small side, which makes it easy to maneuver around your face, but if you are used to something like an Omega 49, this little Semogue may disappoint you. For me it is just perfect. No smell either when it was new and it has not shed a single hair in over a month's use. And the acrylic handle is just brilliant!

5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides
5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides
Offered by Garden Selections

1.0 out of 5 stars It is cheap for a reason..., 23 Mar. 2014
Don't expect it to last. Mine split at the bottom where there is a seam. The split was caused by me pumping it to normal pressure, so no excuse. But as I said, it is cheap...

Popular Hits of the Showa Era
Popular Hits of the Showa Era

4.0 out of 5 stars Surreal, 17 Sept. 2013
I have only recently started getting into Japanese fiction and I find it interesting because the style is so different to what we are used to in the west. And this book definitely meets this criterion! It is a very easy read, but with very well developed, larger than life characters. You won’t find any hidden messages here or any thought provoking dilemmas. At the same time, it is really well written with a few clever and unexpected situations thrown in which keep the reader’s interest going. It is a comic book without the pictures, but the writing is so good that it is like watching a film in your head. Definitely black humour; a lot of comic situations laced with extreme violence. “Itchy and Scratchy” from the Simpsons, but with humans. I can see Quentin Tarantino having a field day with a screen adaptation of this book!
In summary, an unbelievable story expertly delivered.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick and high for me, 7 Jun. 2013
These are well made insoles, but they are rather thick and the arch is really high. I foud them very uncomfortable, but I am sure they will suit others. I prefer the Dr. Foot insoles: thinner and milder support in the arches, but double the price!

(45 Days Ocean Shipment) 3x 1800mAh Batteries + Home Dock Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy s2 i9100, High Quality

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ..., 3 Feb. 2013
As good as the original Samsung battery in holding the charge, if not better. Plus the big advantage of being able to charge the battery out of the phone. But, be prepared for a potentially long wait. The seller clearly states that they use surface mail. I made the mistake of ordering before Christmas and it took almost two months to arrive! However, a second package only took a week. Don't let any of this put you off. The seller has excellent customer service, and if you are prepared to wait a few days, this is a bargain.

Muhle Synthetic Silvertip Fibre Shaving Brush With Large Imitation Horn Handle
Muhle Synthetic Silvertip Fibre Shaving Brush With Large Imitation Horn Handle
Offered by Shave Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round brush, 29 Jan. 2013
I have been using one of these for about a month now. I find pure badger brushes too soft and boar or most synthetic brushes too stiff. This is a fantastic compromise in between. Soft enough to twirl around your face with ease and yet with enough stiffness to lift your wiskers. Holds water like a pure badger and works up a lather in no time. Hardly sheds any hair either. Couldn't ask for more.

TeckNet® 5M/10M Slide, Negative and Black/White Film Scanner to SD Card, With 32MB Build-in Memory - Full Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad scanner..., 23 July 2012
Not the best build quality and some people have complained about the written instructions (although they are not essential; it's pretty straight forward to use). For the price, it does make decent scanned photo images from the negatives. I think you'd need to pay much, much more for a professional scanner. This will do the job for me. I plan to scan all my old photos from negatives on to a hard disc. It is quite slow though, so it is a long term project!

Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 High Capacity Battery - EXTRA LONG LIFE 1800mAh ... GT-i9100- Exclusively sold by FAB2983
Offered by Europe Deal (Ship From Hong Kong)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 4 April 2012
Bought this as a spare battery for my Samsung S2. Works perfectly and for the £4 I paid it's an absolute bargain. Not sure about the "extra long life" claim though, which is why I am only giving it four stars. So far it lasts about as long as the original battery (about one day with fairly heavy usage), which is good enough for me.

Page: 1 | 2