Profile for Cappuccino Kid > Reviews

How to Be a Coaching Rockstar
How to Be a Coaching Rockstar
by Emma Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars It didn't take me long to read and I loved it., 25 Feb. 2016
If you're a coach, mentor or guide and you're serious about building your business and taking it online, this book is for you. It's written in an accessible, down-to-earth way and is full of practical advice that you can implement right away to make a difference. Emma Holmes speaks from hard-won experience of building a coaching business that made £100k in 2015. She doesn't promise you the earth, but she does show you the ways she accelerated her own business. It didn't take me long to read and I loved it.

Get Off Your Arse Too
Get Off Your Arse Too
by Brad Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brad Burton or should that be Bard Burton?, 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Get Off Your Arse Too (Paperback)
I read GOYA2 straight after reading GOYA expecting much of the same and it IS but it ISN'T. You still get some cracking, down-to-earth ideas and tips that are useful in business and in life and you also get a frank account of someone's inspiration and motivation for making more of their life, their relationships and their work. You still get the same sense of humour and you also get an insight into someone's real values. I wonder if Brad Burton is really Bard Burton, the Shakespeare of the modern business world? Bawdy, funny, clever, accessible; makes you laugh, makes you cry and above all, makes you think; it gives you all the shove you need to GOYA.

Get Off Your Arse
Get Off Your Arse
by Brad Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars So what are you waiting for?, 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Get Off Your Arse (Paperback)
I bought this book after hearing Brad Burton speak at a business event. I was surprised when a big Northern bloke in a T shirt strode on stage carrying a pizza box, so not your typical business speaker! I guess Brad's style is like marmite, but I defy anyone to deny his authenticity and common sense, no nonsense approach. That presentation - much like this book - gave an insight into a journey from employment to self-employment with the good, the bad and the ugly along the way. It's full of wise words, celebrations of success and learning from disappointment, which makes it very real. As a business book, it's refreshingly concise, straightforward and easy to read. It contains some basic, sound ideas that any of us could use in business and in life. So Brad Burton isn't your typical business guru and this book isn't your typical business book and that's precisely why you should read it! It's different and it encourages you to think differently and act differently and make a difference. So GOYA and buy one; it's the first step.

My Boss is a Bastard: Surviving Turmoil at Work
My Boss is a Bastard: Surviving Turmoil at Work
by Richard Maun

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise words and wise cracks, 3 Feb. 2011
This book is a thoroughly readable, in fact really enjoyable self-help book. It truly is full of wise words and wise cracks that had me chuckling out loud quite frequently and how often can you say that abut a business/management text book?

The book looks - in a fresh way - at the challenges of working in a company and for someone else, but the lessons learned could equally apply in other work situations or indeed in life. I like the way it encourages taking personal responsibility and a positive approach through examining the strengths we have to offer, using the Personal Survival Kit as a tool.

I bought this book for my husband but after reading the Preface, I just had to complete it myself first! I'm sure he will find it equally useful and entertaining.

The 100 Foods You Should be Eating: How to Source, Prepare and Cook Healthy Ingredients
by Glen Matten

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, readable, accessible and useful, 8 Jan. 2010
This book is the first nutrition book I have read that offers practical guidance on buying, storing and preparing good food and it's written in an informal style that people can understand easily. I like the fact that it's organised into meaningful chapter headings and the recipes are healthy and appetising, but are made with ingredients that are widely available and affordable, if you shop wisely. I anticipate that I will use this book a lot rather than it gathering dust alongside others that I have bought.

Justice For All (MIRA)
Justice For All (MIRA)
by Steven Hague

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a crime thriller, 10 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Justice For All (MIRA) (Paperback)
American crime thrillers are not the type of fiction I typically choose, but 'Justice for All' was recommended by a friend and I can understand why. It is a very pacy book and it really captures your interest, not only through the plot twists, but also through the character insights and the prose. It has an almost cinematic quality and it wouldn't surprise me if it is made into a film one day. The book does stand up brilliantly as a story and it also makes you think about the nature of justice and the place of the vigilante. I'll definitely be much less narrow-minded in my choice of literature from now on in and would definitely pick up another Steven Hague book in the future.