Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now
Profile for SHANN > Reviews

Content by SHANN

SHANN "SHANN" (England, London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)
Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it justify its price tag...?, 1 Oct. 2007
The answer to my question is... not really. I paid circa £400 for my PS3 with two games and two controllers. Its a really great piece of kit but I cant help but feel that they are charging a price which is not just inflated (hey thats business) but actually which is hyper inflated and exploits the many. Hey, I'm no socialist but when you weigh up how good the PS3 vs a. a decent PC, b. Xbox 360 and c. its price, I cant help but think it would have been worth waiting until xmas or slightly beyond. Maybe I'm being pre occupied with price but ultimately thats what you judge an item you buy against and my advice is simple. Its a very good piece of kit so if money is no object then dont bat an eyelid because you will have lots of fun. If you will struggle with the price tag then wait until it comes down. The graphics ARE great, the game play IS very good and it does have other great functions (blu ray, internet etc) but I still thinks its just too expensive right now. Would I have bought it knowing what I know.... hmmm probably not but now I have it, I may as well keep it!

Formula One Championship Edition (PS3)
Formula One Championship Edition (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - even for a newbie, 1 Oct. 2007
I am not a big racing fan (hence the newbie in title) but I must admit that I really enjoy playing F1. I actually came away thinking I had just had an education in motor racing as it really does allow you to go through everything in preperation for a grand prix plus you can configure what level you want to race at which allows a broad range of factors to ensure you progress at your own pace -great for someone like me who is rubbish at race games. The graphics are superb, the game play is addictive and gripping plus I actually found myself warming to the guy who updates you during the race via radio!! I got it as part of my PS3 package which meant it was not that expensive. If your new to motor racing or are an old hat at the genre I think you will really like this game - I am really looking forward to the 2007 version with Mr Hamilton.

Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars A great game to get as part of the package, 1 Oct. 2007
When spending £400 on a PS3 I got very nervous when hitting the counter. Some may think "tight a*s" where as others (my family included) think I'm crazy for spending what they see as an obscene amount of money. The package I bought into gave the choice of two games and I picked R:FOM within that. I think its a very good game but not great. If you buy a package I would certainly recommend it and you will feel its money well spent. The only problem is that I came away feeling that it just didn't have anything different. Maybe I expected too much but I found it a very typical FPS. The graphics are great (HDMI), the storyline is a cross between call of duty and aliens (although predictable throughout) but what it does deliver is plenty of shooting, blood, explosions (action in general) etc etc. I just think that it was like alot of games now adays - cosmetic. It looks great which gives you a feeling of it being a good game but there was no real magic like the days of playing Doom where you were nervous throughout and could cut the tension. There is no intensity. Its like they churned out another game in the same mould. I scored it a 4 star because it is really good fun, they have coop or team multiplayer games (basic multiplayer modes which deliver great fun but are not that frequent in other FPS games). I am glad I picked it but the search goes on for a game which truly breaks the mould beyond aesthetics. Ghost Recon 2 is next on my "to buy" list.

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 17 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
This game was absolutely brilliant. Its the reason I bought a Wii. I played it on my friends Wii and was addicted from the start. Its got absolutely everything. A cheesy but gripping storyline, loads of zombies to blow away and some great weapons which you can improve on as the game progresses. I've played alot of FPS games but this is the real deal. Theres enough thinking to keep your mind working, without being ridiculously hard, the music and levels are incredibly eery and will have your pulse racing. The only real let down is that you can generally tell when theres a bad guy to blast as the music switches on (On medium difficulty at least). The add ons for completing the game will also add hours of fun and are well worth the wait. I understand that there is a Resident evil pack coming out in November including all the series so if you dont have this yet I would recommend you wait a couple of months and buy the lot in one go. A superb game, definitely worth the money if you cant wait.

Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 [2006] [DVD] [2004]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 [2006] [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 3: Another great installment, 17 Sept. 2007
Having read the other reviews online I was a bit unsure about spending circa £40 on this season. However, having taken the risk I believe it is money very well spent. The writing remains superb, the CGI (particularly in space) is very good but this series really brings great depth to both the plot (and all the sub plots) plus the key characters involved. I can't help but think that some of the other reviews really miss the point when they say there is lots of pointless episodes. Each episode bares relevance in one of 3 ways - 1. a different perspective of life on ship, 2. character development and 3. developing the inter twining plots with progressing the overall story. Admittedly, there are a few episodes which are slow moving and feel a little like buffer but they still deliver what this franchise is now well known for, great writing with a real edge. The cliff hanger is fairly predictable but never the less executed in great style with a really dark feel. A thoroughly enjoyable drama which I believe has blown its sci fi competition away. Season 3 is worth the money and I cannot wait for the 4th season although (and I believe rightly) it is supposed to be the last....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10