Profile for android > Reviews

android

Brand Love: How to Build a Brand Worth Talking About
Brand Love: How to Build a Brand Worth Talking About

5.0 out of 5 stars utter genius., 1 April 2015
A brand is the way a business behaves. Not a logo on a product or a sticker on a laptop lid. thi is the book that helps you understand all that. These guys re-write the rules on Brands and building brand fans and bring the reader along in an inviting, human, honest, accessible and genuinely friendly way. There is nothing patronising or difficult content to understand. There are no complicated brand onion models that only a few marketeers could get excited about. What you've got is buckets of stories about people and teams and first hand experience from people who 'get' where things are going. It's great stimulus for any young marketeer who is keen to learn and understand more about his or her world. It's even better provocation for the advertising dinosaurs who still walk around holding TVs. A brilliant read. Well done guys.

Free!: Love Your Work, Love Your Life (Portfolio Non Fiction)
Free!: Love Your Work, Love Your Life (Portfolio Non Fiction)
by Chris Baréz-Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars hoover this up and get going with a better life, 8 Jun. 2014
business books usually cite the same case studies (yawn) or the same academic experiments and most self help books are distracting. Free! is different. Chris provoked my thinking and my approach to dealing with issues. I was challenged. I was disrupted and made to think again. I laughed out loud from time to time and made tho say "yes, that's SO TRUE, I do that!". Great insights to how we all get trapped in our own heads. I liked how he goes one, two and three steps further though and offers real time advice on what to do AT THAT VERY MOMENT and from then on in on how to get going with a better life. Thanks, Chris. A brilliant read and one I shall carry with me to hoover up and dip into time and again.

Herd: How to Change Mass Behaviour by Harnessing Our True Nature
Herd: How to Change Mass Behaviour by Harnessing Our True Nature
by Mark Earls

5.0 out of 5 stars smart thinking - not clever, 27 Sept. 2013
Clever people get simple things and over complicate them.

Smart people get complicated things and break them down so we can all understand and access easier. Mark does so in this book. Evidence is in your own reaction when reading. You're left asking more questions and making more connections to your relationship with the world around you. I think that shows impact and true transfer of the material held in the text.

Well done Mark, a smart book for our times. Thanks.

Shine: How To Survive And Thrive At Work
Shine: How To Survive And Thrive At Work
by Chris Baréz-Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars best read you can hoover up this summer, 19 July 2011
Instead of going to the pub and buying the same drink and sitting in the same chair with your same mates, buy this book, hoover up the content and go do something less boring with your life instead.

seriously. click 'add to basket' now and feel the love.