Profile for Somersetmale > Reviews

Content by Somersetmale

Somersetmale

Philips GoGear Ariaz SA3ARA08K/02 8GB MP4 Player with FullSound Full Colour Display Video Playback and FM Radio - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Philips MP4 Player, 27 Feb. 2013
I bought this player as an up-grade from the old one I had as it was a birthday present to myself in August 2012. I never listened to it a lot so did not get loads of use. using it on a 3 hour drive at Christmas and found during the journey that I could not adjust the volume, so when I stopped at services, I checked it to discover that despite it playing, there was no thing on screen, none of the controls worked and I could not even turn it off, the whole thing was totally in-operable! Eventually the battery ran flat. A week or so later I decided to see what the status was and discovered it would charge, so fully charged it ready for a journey abroad for the New Year. Whilst travelling on a train and using the player, at some point in the journey discovered the same thing...absolutely nothing! Again, eventually it ran flat and decided enough was enough.., not realizing that my problem was only just beginning as I have been in touch with Philips now for almost a month who have promised me a replacement, but the aggravation I am getting is unbelievable and the customer service is atrocious with unfulfilled promises of letting me know the status of the situation about my replacement and it just drags on and on......! I would be happy just to have my money refunded if that were only an option...... ! I will NEVER buy another Philips product and will certainly tell all my family and friends about this very poor service. Oh!! one final thing, a different call centre operative each time you call, mostly foreign who don't speak English very well and the call centre is in Poland!