Profile for Mojodo > Reviews

Mojodo (Norwich, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Norwich Wheelchair Murders
The Norwich Wheelchair Murders

4.0 out of 5 stars A Crime Thriller Which Reaches Parts Others Don't, 25 Feb. 2016
This is a crime thriller like no other you have ever read; guaranteed! Bill Albert takes us into the world of Bobby Fishbaum, an American gangster on the run, marooned in Norwich with his five year old daughter, but also recently confined to a wheelchair by a neurolgical disorder. If that wasn't bad enough he's soon at the centre of a murder mystrery as disabled people are murdered one after another. Fishbaum finds himself caught in a web of intriguing characters: tattoed, born-again Hells Angels, cross-dressing artists, disabled computer hackers, a strange clergyman and others. As he immerses himself further in the world of the disabled to find out who is behind the Norwich Wheelchair Murders, he is at risk from both the killers and the Russian mobsters who have put a price on his head.
The story is fast paced and sharp-edged as it hurtles towards its denouement. Along the way it takes us into some dark alleyways and areas seldom before explored in crime fiction. Albert has described this story as "Crip Noir" and since Bobby Fishbaum, lives to fight another day perhaps this is indeed the beginning of a new sub-genre. Either way it is a cracking read.

Metamorphosis and Other Stories (Penguin Modern Classics)
Metamorphosis and Other Stories (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Franz Kafka

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Dec. 2015
A modern classic in a decent edition.

Bredemeijer Verona 1464 Teapot with Strainer 0.5 L Single-Walled Glass
Bredemeijer Verona 1464 Teapot with Strainer 0.5 L Single-Walled Glass

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Dec. 2015
Good item, does what it you'd expect it too.

A Responsibility to Awe (Oxford Poets)
A Responsibility to Awe (Oxford Poets)
by Rebecca Elson

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and unique collection by this astronomer-poet which sensitively and ..., 20 Nov. 2015
An excellent and unique collection by this astronomer-poet which sensitively and intelligently considers our smaller lives on earth and our place in the larger universe. The use of language is bold and direct the imagery ocxcasionally startling and sometimes playful. The play of wit, in the older sense of the word, is ever-present. I particulalry likedf the inclusion of some of Rebecca Elson's notebbok entries which give an idea of her vision and working methods, and a glimpse of promising proto- poems which will neve rbe finished. It is a great shame and sadness that she died so young and therer will be no more of this fine work to follow.

FLEXISEQ 50G GEL *** 2 PACK *****
FLEXISEQ 50G GEL *** 2 PACK *****

1.0 out of 5 stars I have an arthritic knee which varies from oaky to extremely painful so tha tis difficult to walk, 20 Nov. 2015
No Noticable Effect!

I saw this proedcut being promoted by Arthritis UK so I thougth i'd give it a go even though it is quite expensive. I have an arthritic knee which varies from oaky to extremely painful so tha tis difficult to walk. The prospct of soemthignt hat migth alleviate the sysmptoms was appealing. However, after trying Fexiseq for a month solidly I'm afraid to say it has made no discernible difference whatsoever. There is no sense either of an immediate difference or of any improvement over time. For me this product has been a waste of time and money.

Norfolk Cycle Map: Including the Norfolk Coast Cycleway, Norwich, Thetford, Lowestoft, Beccles and 5 Individual Day Rides
by CycleCity with Sustrans
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and disapopointing, 7 July 2015
While it's probably fine for planning a route while sitting around a table indoors, this map is too flimsy in constuction to be used out and about on a bike ride. I know that because I am on my second one in a little over three months. The first map split along almost every fold and needed constant taping. The second one is going the same way after a very shoprt sapce of time. I have other cycling maps which are much more robust (Goldeneye for example). I'd have happily paid a bit more the first time for a more robust map that would last. Also not overlry imprssed with the level of detail and clarity. Only main bike routes are clealry marked, beyond that it is pretty uninformative, again especially when out and about as it takes a lot of close peering to distinguish roads and locations beyond the largest settlemeents and main roads/bike paths.
I think an Ordnance Survey map would actually be of more use and would probably last longer. Very disappointed. I will not be buying a third copy when my current one gives up ther ghost in the near future!

Harder They Come (1972) (import)
Harder They Come (1972) (import)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
Terrific movie and terrific soundtrack. A must see!

Twelve Years A Slave
Twelve Years A Slave

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Disturbing, 20 Feb. 2015
A fascinating read which brings home the horror of slavery and the shocking trade in human beings. This first hand account is remarkably restrained and precise which makes the facts speak powerfully for themselves. Having seen the film, I went back to the original and was impressed at how closely the movie followed the book with little embellishment. I founf it disturbing, moving and powerful.

100 Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades and Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick

4.0 out of 5 stars Blades good and sharp and excellejnt value - will keep me ..., 20 Feb. 2015
Blades good and sharp and excellejnt value - will keep me going all year. Not overly impressed with shaving soap and soon abandiones it in favour of my preferred cream.

SealSkinz Thermal Liner Socks with Merino Wool - Medium
SealSkinz Thermal Liner Socks with Merino Wool - Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, no warmer than normal socks., 20 Feb. 2015
I love merino wool socks! I have thick walking socks that are warm, comfy and hard wearing. I have "everyday" merino socks that are thin, warm and comfortbale even after three years and regular washing. Looking for thermal liner socks for winter cycling, the combination of merino and an apparenlty top brand like Seakskinz seemed like a good way to go. The result is a real disappointment. These are nowhere near as thermal as I expected. wearing them under a pair of thick socks for cycling my feet were soon as cols as they would ahve been without them! They do not seem to offer any greater warmth than normal wool or cotton socks.... but they cost a lot more! I've tried a test between my old "everyday" merino socks on a cold day (worn on a winter morning) and these (worn in the afternoon the same day at similar temperature) the sealskinz came a very poor second. It's my first purchase from sealskinz, it will also be my last.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3