Profile for G. Robinson > Reviews

Content by G. Robinson

G. Robinson "Rudy" (Western Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Politician's Husband [DVD]
The Politician's Husband [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

1.0 out of 5 stars Is politics a four letter word?, 7 Oct. 2015
Depressing, full of nastiness. Possibly representative of politics, hopefully not of the world. Thankfully not my world anyway.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2015 7:01 PM GMT

The Honourable Woman [DVD]
The Honourable Woman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Gyllenhaal

1.0 out of 5 stars The honourable self absorbed bore, 23 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The Honourable Woman [DVD] (DVD)
Like watching grass grow, but less satisfying. Grossly overacted, endlessly repetitive, yet still managing to be confusing. Still, others apparently enjoyed it immensely.

The Ballad of Mauthausen
The Ballad of Mauthausen

5.0 out of 5 stars Greek music 101, 2 Aug. 2015
This is the music that got me hooked on Mikis Theodorakis and Maria Farantouri. What a fabulous music partnership. Farantouri's unique dramatic voice and style complements Theodorakis' music magically. A partnership so productive that it has lasted 45 years that I know of, through thick and thin and Theodorakis' spell as a political prisoner. Wonderful.

The Definitive Ray Charles
The Definitive Ray Charles

4.0 out of 5 stars Some wonderful tracks there., 24 Oct. 2013
All the best tracks are there, as well as some I like less. With a compilation like this you can always skip a few.

Slava's Snowshow [DVD] [2001]
Slava's Snowshow [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Slawa Polunin

5.0 out of 5 stars Slava's magic, 24 Oct. 2013
Mime meets clown meets ballet.
Totally delightful. I saw his previous snow show live in the theatre, equally wonderful. Anyone know if that's out on DVD as well? I'd love to see it again.

Good Cop [DVD]
Good Cop [DVD]
Dvd ~ Warren Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling violence, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Good Cop [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know how people can even watch so much violence. Halfway through the second episode I couldn't stomach any more and decided life was too short to follow such black dysfunctionalism.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2013 3:14 AM BST

Foul Play ( Killing Lydia )
Foul Play ( Killing Lydia )
Dvd ~ Burgess Meredith
Offered by Gravity 4 Dvdīs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Foul Play ( Killing Lydia ) (DVD)
Hugely entertaining comedy, good story, well acted. No deep and meaningfuls or hidden messages. No significant blood and guts, just an umbrella! Thoroughly recommended.

Concert in Athens
Concert in Athens

4.0 out of 5 stars Concert in Athens, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Concert in Athens (Audio CD)
It is lovely, but duplicates other CDs I have. Also I missed the Greek instruments. Nothing by Karaindrou could be less than lovely though.

Claudia Aurora - Silencio
Claudia Aurora - Silencio

2.0 out of 5 stars Silence...and lacklustre, 18 Feb. 2013
Compared to other fado CDs I have, this lacked life, energy and emotion. I found it depressing. I bought it because I like fado and this had excellent reviews.

Elegy of the Uprooting - Eleni Karaindrou [DVD] [2008]
Elegy of the Uprooting - Eleni Karaindrou [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Eleni Karaindrou

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowingly beautiful, 12 Feb. 2013
Both visually and musically I found this disc mesmerising. Takes me to another planet. I had the cd already, also 5 star, but the DVD adds immeasurably to my enjoyment. What a wonderful composer of Greek music, and the soloists are brilliant as well. 7 out of 5 stars describe my experience better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4