Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Offered by ULTIMATE PHONESHOP

4.0 out of 5 stars mainly ok but...., 14 July 2012
Only just got this tablet and overall it is a rather good one. I really do not want to spend a lot of money on brands alone and as the cheaper scale tablet I initially ordered on amazon came to me with screen broken, I decided I will not bother ordering from amazon again and go to the shop instead. Friends and colleagues had advised me it would be better to get this one rather than a cheaper £100 tablet, as these are known to break down or develop problems after a while. I got the 8 Gb version at £199 plus a 16Gb micro sd card, thinking I would have nothing to worry about transferring apps to micro sd. WRONG! For whatever the reason this must be one of the few tablets that does not let you transfer apps to the external card. What the *+#'? The moment you load the tablet all the pre installed stuff take 3Gb so you are left with 5Gb really to play with. Needless to say apps will take most of memory. It is insane not to be allowed to transfer to card and even though I am really liking this tab I am now pondering whether to return it.
On the other hand however, I downloaded all the apps I needed and there is still 4.something Gb leftover, so thank goodness I am not a heavy duty apps user. But I might be, so hope Samsung sort it out and quick before the google nexus comes out!
Using the tablet however is a dream and after playing around with it for a couple of hours (especially if you are an android virgin like me) you get the hang of it ok. You can access kindle, youtube, emails and of course angry birds! It's the simple things that work for me, so rather pleased about this. Overall, it is a good purchase but such a shame about the inability to transfer apps to card as this may be the deal breaker for this otherwise cool tab.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2012 8:53 PM BST

The Case Of The Missing Boyfriend
The Case Of The Missing Boyfriend

5.0 out of 5 stars MASTERPIECE!, 30 Mar. 2011
I just cannot put this ebook down! it feels like reading about myself (well, if you put gender aside) so as a reader i could immediately relate to the themes and patterns explored, which is a rather rare occasion. (Esp. as I was single when the first bridget jones book came out- and that says a lot). This has been one of the most enjoyable and cathartic reads I have had for ages. (still is as not finished yet) The author clearly has an excellent grasp of human emotion and feeling and I can only highly recommend this book