Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit
Profile for S. Groves > Reviews

Content by S. Groves

S. Groves (Stroud, Gloucestershire)

glück-express OS01934 Designer Polyurethane Leather Case for Sony NEX-5R 16-50mm Dark Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful retro case, 24 April 2014
This is an excellent case which fits my camera well and allows easy access. I love the retro look of the case and it's well made. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this.

Ramblers Short Walks in the Yorkshire Dales (Collins Ramblers)
Ramblers Short Walks in the Yorkshire Dales (Collins Ramblers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - easy to follow, 1 July 2012
We took this book on a trip to the Yorkshire Dales as we planned to do some walking and we weren't disappointed with the walks chosen. The instructions are relatively easy to follow and there is a map with each walk so you can see where you're meant t be in relation to the countryside around you. The walks are between 2.5 miles and 6 miles and, of the ones we did at least, they aren't too strenuous. We will be buying some of the other books in this series and definitely recommend buying this book, even if you just want an afternoon stroll.

Fit in 5 to 20 Minutes - Legs, Bum and Tum Attack [DVD]
Fit in 5 to 20 Minutes - Legs, Bum and Tum Attack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mila Lazar

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't usually enjoy exercise but I really enjoyed this., 6 April 2012
I don't really enjoy exercise but feel I should at least try now and again! I bought this DVD and I've been using it every day since it arrived. Some of the workouts (especially the 10 minute one) are a bit tricky to begin with but after a few attempts I've picked it up and can keep up with Mila. I've started to notice the good effects of the workout and I'm now looking at buying other titles in the series. For once I actually look forward to putting the DVD on rather than doing it because I feel I should. This is definitely worth buying and I fully recommend it - just make sure you stick with it for a few attempts until you pick up the moves as it can be quite tricky to begin with.

The Man in the Moss
The Man in the Moss
by Phil Rickman

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book from Phil Rickman, 20 Nov. 2007
This review is from: The Man in the Moss (Paperback)
I've never read a bad book from Phil Rickman and this is up there with the best. It's set in a small village which is next to a bog. There's magic, loads of murders and deaths, excellent characters - everything you need in a book! It's also great to learn more about Moira Cairns' earlier years having read about her in the Merrily Watkins books.

The book is a little slower to get going than some of his other books but once it does it's like a snowball rolling down a steep hill getting bigger and bigger and faster and faster.... If you only read one book this year it MUST be this one.

Candlenight
Candlenight
by Phil Rickman

5.0 out of 5 stars Top form Phil Rickman, 13 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Candlenight (Paperback)
Excellent writing, as always with a wonderfully spooky atmosphere at times - I was hooked from the first page. The characters are really strong and I cared what happened to them as well as the bonus of learning some Welsh. The mix of legend/folk lore and real life blended very well and was believable and credible. If you've read any other of Phil's books you must read this as well; if you've never picked up one of his books this is a good one to start with as it will introduce you to his great style of writing and tense page-turning plots. After reading this I'm feeling slightly nervous about venturing into Wales again...