Profile for Ms S C Ramsay > Reviews

The Tudors - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tudors, 15 Nov. 2013
Well, what's to say. I went to talk that Alison Weir gave and she was asked her thoughts about this series and she said she had to lay down! It is very graphic and there is a lot of sexual activity but there is a lot of fighting too. So it is a graphic series but it brings to life the Tudor Period and it is easy to get involved in the various characters. I feel for instance that Anne Boleyn was unfairly beheaded but my favourite character was the Duke of Suffolk. Some disturbing scenes in the north of England when they rebelled against the King though and to believe that this all happened .....

The Kings and Queens of England
The Kings and Queens of England
by Ian Crofton

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kings and Queens of England, 15 Nov. 2013
This book is brilliant. I bought it after I started watching The Tudors as I needed to understand the dyansties and relationships of all the people at Court. I believe it cost £1 plus postage and worth every penny. The book is arranged chronologically with significant details about each king or queen, usually a page or two per individual so you are not overwhelmed by information. I found it a useful introduction to the history of the English monarchy.

Wild Flowers by Colour: The Easy Way to Flower Identification
Wild Flowers by Colour: The Easy Way to Flower Identification
by Marjorie Blamey

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Flowers by Colour, 15 Nov. 2013
This is a very useful little book to take out on wild flower trips, particularly for beginners like myself as it is easier to try and identify a flower by its colour if you have no idea of its origins. It is small enough to carry around and the colours are marked on the corner of the page so you find them quickly. This is my second copy - my first copy got very wet in the rainy summer last year but is a worthwhile investment. I have a number of Marjorie Blamey books - she is so knowledgeable.

The Flame Trees of Thika: Memories of an African Childhood (Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics)
by Elspeth Huxley

4.0 out of 5 stars The Flame Trees of Thika, 15 Nov. 2013
When we booked our holiday to Kenya I was advised of this book and again it is mentioned in Diana Sheldrick's book so I had to read it. It was written in 1959 and her memories of her childhood in Africa were tremendous. Life around 1st WW was very different to today as shooting wildlife was acceptable then. It didn't grip me emotionally theye way Lawrence Anthony's The Elephant Whisperer did but nevertheless insightful. It was shown as a television series in 1981 but I missed that as I was living in Berlin then.

The Elephant's Secret Sense: The Hidden Life Of The Wild Herds Of Africa
The Elephant's Secret Sense: The Hidden Life Of The Wild Herds Of Africa
by Caitlin O'connell

4.0 out of 5 stars The Elephant's Secret Sense, 15 Nov. 2013
This has been bought as a Christmas present so I haven't read it myself - I will do after the recipient has read it. Since we both love Africa, I am sure it will be fascinating.

Fly London Mel Rug/Oil Suede Women's Boots - Purple, 6 UK
Fly London Mel Rug/Oil Suede Women's Boots - Purple, 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Mel Purple Ankle Boots, 15 Nov. 2013
I love my Fly purple Mel boots. They are very comfortable and look great with a knee length skirt and thick tights. I can wear them with my skinny jeans which fit over the top of the boot too. It wasn't easy to tuck the hem of the jeans in - lookoed a bit clumsy but you could wear the jeans rolled up a bit too and they would look ok. I think they are going to scuff easily though but I just love them.