Profile for lx_manuk > Reviews

lx_manuk

Winners: And How They Succeed
Winners: And How They Succeed

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning book, 6 April 2015
Whilst I'm not a fan of Alastair Campbell's political persuasions - I'm a massive fan of this book.

Campbell has done his research and found a wide and varied degree of "winners". Be it sporting, business, fashion etc.... as a reader you should be able to find someone or something to relate to and bring your own situation into focus. This is a very consuming and motivational book. I could not put it down - and found myself recommending it to other like minded people as myself. As a business owner I have highlighted a large amount of this book for motivational work both for personal use as well as for my colleagues.

I don't often write Amazon reviews but just felt that this is to good a book not to.

Buy it - you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2015 5:16 PM GMT

The Inside Track: Paddocks, Pit Stops and Tales of My Life in the Fast Lane
The Inside Track: Paddocks, Pit Stops and Tales of My Life in the Fast Lane
by Jake Humphrey

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down, 2 Feb. 2013
First time I've ever written a review for a book on here.

It's an ok book. It tells you what Jake has been through with F1 and some of the stories that he's seen. However - and this is the big thing. If you are a true F1 fan (i.e. watch 70%+ of the races, know the history) then just save the money.

There is the occasional story which is funny or interesting - but most of the book is about what the last 4-5 years of races have contained. If you have watched the TV then you will have seen it and it's old news.

It's written in a very easy and nice manner - but for a F1 fan wanting the "inside track" I had hoped that perhaps we would get some nice gossip - behind the scenes stuff and those little snippets that you never here about. Instead I just got 5 years of F1 history. My guess is that this has been aimed at the occasional F1 follower who watches 2-3 races and does not know the history.

I feel sad about it. Jake is a wonderful presenter and is going to be missed a great deal from the BBC. I guess that he could not and did not want to upset the establishment, but I think it's been mis-marketed and a little bit mis-sold.