Profile for trisha > Reviews

Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles 11
Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles 11
by Anne Rice

1.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps it's time to retire?, 30 Dec. 2014
I was really looking forward to reading this, I fell in love with Anne Rice's work when I first read 'Interview with a Vampire' and, despite the occasional blip, I've always been a fan.
I don't know where to begin to review this book. It isn't easy to read, mainly because there's so little to engage with. It's littered with new characters and old favourites but they seem to be there for no real reason, other than to gush out a ridiculous amount of exposition, much of which is repetitive. There is no real character building so it's very difficult to engage with any of the the new characters, many of the other characters wouldn't have been recognisable at all if she hadn't named them! As for Lestat himself... It's as if she's forgotten her own character; the qualities that made him exciting and appealing are lost in poorly written purple prose and endless repetition. The plot doesn't deliver any surprises, the identity of the 'voice' is blindingly obvious, right from the beginning.
Frankly, I feel that this book has been published simply because the name Anne Rice guarantees sales. I can think of no other reason why such a poorly written book found its way past an editor.
There's a part of me that hopes that this was just another blip.
If you're a fan, as I am, you're probably going to buy this anyway. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it more than I did!

Friday Night Lights - Season 5 [DVD] [2010]
Friday Night Lights - Season 5 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Kyle Chandler

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic series this is, 9 July 2014
What a fantastic series this is. I have absolutely no interest in American Football and I didn't think Friday Night Lights would engage me at all, but it's superb. The characters in it are so compelling, and what happens to them completely swallows you up.

"Texas Forever"!

Frostfire 16 Bright LED Wireless Solar Powered Motion Sensor Light (Weatherproof, no batteries required)
Offered by Innovationstore

5.0 out of 5 stars These are wonderful. I bought two of them on the off ..., 9 July 2014
These are wonderful. I bought two of them on the off chance, because they were so cheap.

They're easy to set up, I have them on the fence to light up my deck and I'll certainly be buying some more for the bottom of the garden.

NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
Offered by Executivez

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant! So simple to set up that it's virtually ..., 9 July 2014
This is brilliant! So simple to set up that it's virtually plug and play. I have mine in the conservatory and it give me great internet access both inside and out in the garden.

If you're thinking of buying one don't hesitate, it's well worth the money!

NATURAL ROPE DOORSTOP
NATURAL ROPE DOORSTOP
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars this isn't anything like heavy enough to stop a cat from pushing open ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: NATURAL ROPE DOORSTOP
Sadly, this isn't anything like heavy enough to stop a cat from pushing open a door.

Theme from Black Sails
Theme from Black Sails

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great theme, great series!

Writing Fiction For Dummies
Writing Fiction For Dummies
by Randy Ingermanson

3.0 out of 5 stars There are good things about this book and there are bad, 9 July 2014
There are good things about this book and there are bad. The information for novice writers is good as is the information on getting published. However, as a writer of some years I found that this virtually stopped me from writing anything. I found myself questioning so much of what I did in an effort to pigeon-hole myself.
It's a well intentioned book with a lot of good information but very repetitive and somewhat stifling.

Pack Of 24 Girls Glitter Tattoo Stencils - 12 Unique Designs In Each Pack
Pack Of 24 Girls Glitter Tattoo Stencils - 12 Unique Designs In Each Pack
Offered by The Glitter Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars ... these stencils at our village gala and the children loved them. All of the designs were popular with ..., 9 July 2014
As face-painting novices we used these stencils at our village gala and the children loved them. All of the designs were popular with the girls. The stencils make a great template for the basic design, you can use sponges to make a nice multi-colour effect and then add to them by painting in any details with a fine brush.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ... these stencils at our village gala and the children loved them. The skull and crossbones was by far ..., 9 July 2014
As face-painting novices we used these stencils at our village gala and the children loved them. The skull and crossbones was by far the biggest hit. The stencils make a great template for the basic design and you can then add to them by painting in any details.

Camel Hide Large Elephant Handbound Journal (23cm x 13cm)
Camel Hide Large Elephant Handbound Journal (23cm x 13cm)
Offered by CentralCrafts UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Elephant Obsession, 3 April 2014
This journal is truly beautiful. Anyone who has a love of notebooks will adore this. It's high quality. The leather is well tooled and the paper quality is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5