Profile for Sue G > Reviews

Content by Sue G

Sue G (UK - near Brighton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Biscuit Girls
The Biscuit Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars A good social history read, 20 Oct. 2017
This review is from: The Biscuit Girls (Kindle Edition)
As someone interested in social history I loved this book. I thought it was well writtten and informative. Hopefully the author will do more books of a similar nature.

Ten's a Crowd (part one): The Heartwarming Story of a Glasgow Family
Ten's a Crowd (part one): The Heartwarming Story of a Glasgow Family

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, funny book, 20 Oct. 2017
Loved this book - humorous and a real laugh out loud story. I will be working my way through the series, no doubt about that.

The Death Of Me: A Split Second Decision. A Lifetime Of Regret
The Death Of Me: A Split Second Decision. A Lifetime Of Regret

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good points, but overall a little disappointing, 20 Oct. 2017
Having thoroughly enjoyed The Towers I was looking forward to this book. Sadly, in my honest opinion this book lacked cohesion and was just a little bit disappointing. Whilst I enjoyed reading it to a point and the story was good in general I felt there were too many unanswered questions and some conclusions with no explanation as to why they were reached - like what was Jason doing when he drowned. Nevertheless I await the next book as I will give the author another go.

True Conviction - Adrian Hell #1 (Adrian Hell Series)
True Conviction - Adrian Hell #1 (Adrian Hell Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 7 Oct. 2017
Loved this book - don't usually enjoy US fiction but this one had me gripped from the start and couldn't wait for the next page. Will certainly be reading more of Adrian Hell

Brick: an action-packed crime thriller (DI Braddick Book 1)
Brick: an action-packed crime thriller (DI Braddick Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding crime novel, 29 Aug. 2017
Action packed, graphic, and very believeable. This tale of the police and their oppositions - local and foreign - is a real spellbinding novel. A can't put it down till I finish it read. I loved every page of it, so much so that 2 minutes after I inished reading it I bought the next one in the series "Shadows". I cannot recommend too much - if you like UK crime stories this is definitely one for you.

Vanished Beneath: A spell-binding DS Lasser thriller (The DS Lasser Series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 21 Aug. 2017
I started to read this book and couldn't put it down until I'd finished. I loved the twist at the end. If you have never read any of the Lasser books I can really recommend them. Based around Wigan and the book puts you right in the area. Will be reading the next one now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2017 7:53 AM BST

The Dirty Players
The Dirty Players

4.0 out of 5 stars A gritty book but a good read nontheless, 13 Aug. 2017
This review is from: The Dirty Players (Kindle Edition)
A good read - you don't need to be a footbal fan necessarily, although is you are some names will be familiar. Anyone who was "on" the scene in Manchester in the late 80's early 90's will be familiar with the places mentioned. A gritty novel, with maybe some gratuitous sex, but a good read nevertheless. I shall be looking for the next offering from Philip Fielding.

DEAD JEALOUS a gripping crime thriller full of twists
DEAD JEALOUS a gripping crime thriller full of twists

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 2 Aug. 2017
Really enjoyed this book - characters were totally believable and the plot unfolded in a realistic manner. Will definitely read more from this author.

Watching You: A Police/Psychological thriller with a mind-bending twist (Detective Kerri Blasco Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 29 July 2017
A gripping read with a twist. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and the story. Was a "can't put down" read.

Murder in the Morning Edition (The Morning, Noon and Night Trilogy Book 1)
Murder in the Morning Edition (The Morning, Noon and Night Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy read, 10 July 2017
A nice easy read, with believable characters, and the added attraction of trying to identify the local places mentioned in the narrative. I look forward with eager anticipation to reading books 2 and 3.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6