Profile for lindaB > Reviews

Content by lindaB

lindaB

Fur Coat & No Knickers: An acclaimed collection of short stories and poems by award-winning author Adrienne Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars SHORT BUT SWEET!, 27 Dec. 2016
A pick and mix of romantic short stories, perfect for dipping into when time is tight but you need a good story. The author succeeds in revealing her characters in just a few pages, giving us a glimpse into their lives and hearts, that many longer novels struggle to achieve.
Just before Christmas, with little spare time and far too much to do, I couldn't help but make time for my 'fix' of 'Fur Coat & No Knickers' each evening!

WordBrain
WordBrain

4.0 out of 5 stars fast and furious!, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: WordBrain (App)
Love this game...whizzed through thefirstlevels but getting tough now...

Crossword : World's Biggest Cross Word - 100s of great free crosswords
Crossword : World's Biggest Cross Word - 100s of great free crosswords

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 7 May 2015
A new and interesting format...very enjoyable.

Secrets of the Heart: There's no denying ... the final episode in this captivating Irish-American adventure!: Volume 3 (The Heartfelt Series)
by Adrienne Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving the best till last!, 7 Jan. 2015
Another page turner and a fitting final chapter in the Heartfelt trilogy...loved them all! Adrienne Vaughan's dialogue is sharp and witty and her writing has a warmth and charm that clearly exposes her genuine pride in her Irish roots. The story is fast paced and builds, over the three books, keeping you guessing as to how it will conclude. I thought I had it all figured out a couple of times, but no! Secrets of the Heart has such great characters, some of whom you grow to love despite yourself...but I won't say too much. If you're looking for a book (or three!) to curl up with and be transported to a different place, this will do it. Although it would be perfectly possible to read this book without having read the other two, I think you'd just be denying yourself a triple helping of a great read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 10:41 AM GMT

A Thread Unbroken
A Thread Unbroken

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking and uplifting!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: A Thread Unbroken (Kindle Edition)
This book is a gripping tale of two young girls forced to rely on their close bond with each other and their wits to survive a terrifying ordeal. I loved the narrative and travelled every step of Chai's journey, and that of her family, with her. it is an important telling of a story that, although fictional, has its basis in a distressing truth. Read it.

A Change of Heart: Escape to Ireland and fall in love all over again! (The Heartfelt Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first one!, 7 April 2014
Usually when I read a sequel, I have first to remind myself of the characters...not with this one! The inhabitants of Inishmahon came flooding back to me like old friends and I was instantly back on a journey with Marianne and her ever expanding family. If you've read The Hollow Heart and enjoyed it, this is a must read because it's even better...building on the wonderful characters and introducing some new favourites (I'm rather partial to Dermot!) I particularly enjoyed the banter between Marianne and her man...made me laugh out loud sometimes where it's so well observed! I read this book in two days and would be very happy if the author could produce the next book just as quickly!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2014 5:56 AM BST

The Hollow Heart: Love will find a way (The Heartfelt Series Book 1)
The Hollow Heart: Love will find a way (The Heartfelt Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure escapism!, 21 Jan. 2013
The Hollow Heart was recommended to me by a friend. Romantic fiction is not my usual reading (though I admit to loving a RomCom at the movies), but I thought I'd give it a go. I was hooked from the first chapter and by the end of the book felt like I actually knew these people; the characters were so well drawn and likeable (well,most of them!) I finished the book in two days because I couldn't put it down and was left wanting more. I felt completely involved in Marianne's changing emotions and identified strongly with many of the characters. The story made me smile, lifted my heart in places and even brought a tear to my eye at one point. I've never been to Ireland, or lived in a small community but I could feel the pull on my heartstrings to be part of such a place. I hope the sequel follows quickly.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 6:11 AM GMT