Profile for Mel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Accidentally Overweight
Accidentally Overweight

3.0 out of 5 stars good message - when you can read it!, 26 Dec. 2015
Overall the message is very good and helpful to understand the different aspects at play for weight loss/gain. However, there are several sentences that are jumbed/words out of order that is very annoying and makes it hard to understand. I suggest Dr Libby invests in a quality proof reader...

Ayurveda: A Beginner's Guide to Natural Health and Well-Being For Every Aspect of Your Life (Natural Health Books Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 16 Sept. 2015
This book is lacking proof reading. There are grammar and spelling issues on almost every page.

Also the information is repetitive, it makes sweeping statements/generalisations without any information to support the statement, and basically you can find all of the information in this book on the internet.

Waste of money.

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)

5.0 out of 5 stars miraculous!, 20 Dec. 2014
This book is amazing. I'm not a morning person, but know that most successful people have a routine. Plus I really wanted to do a daily yoga practice -with my job that will only happen in the morning. This book is so inspiring and full of great tips that I am now a morning person and am easily able to get up at 5am to do yoga and my Miracle Morning routine.

Caffeine: The Truth about Caffeine: The World's Most Consumed Drug
Caffeine: The Truth about Caffeine: The World's Most Consumed Drug

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, poorly written, no evidence and bias, 27 Sept. 2014
This book would have to be the most poorly written book I have ever read. It is very repetitive with about 3 or 4 sections repeated 2 or 3 times. The author makes sweeping claims and refers to studies conducted praising the benefits if coffee, but there is no scientific research to back this up or reference to these studies.

I bought this book thinking it would tell me what happens to bodily processes/science around coffee or caffeine affects on the body - there is none of that. I also thought it would have a balanced argument for both for and against - but it doesn't - it is mainly arguing for consuming caffeine.

And then randomly there is a whole section and many references to intaking caffeine for weight loss - almost as if this was the whole point of drinking caffeine or reading this book -ie to help someone decide if they should take caffeine-based weight loss pills??? Totally random. And not in the book description.

Don't waste your money. A decent internet search is much more informative and, refers to the scentific studies to ack up claims.

Heal Your Gut
Heal Your Gut

2.0 out of 5 stars unrealistic, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Heal Your Gut (Kindle Edition)
This is not Lee's best book. (I've got them all and really enjoy all the others).

The beginning sections are really helpful and informative, with lots if science and facts about the role your gut plays in your immune system and general wellbeing. However, I do not think that Lee's gut healing protocol is realistic or ideal. Granted, this is what worked for her. But it was not what I did to heal my gut and it is not what my nutritional therapist advised. A liquid diet is not for me and it wasn't for me when my gut was in a bad state either.

What I did was more in line with the final 2 phases of Lee's protocol (ie skipping the liquid diet and focussing on eliminating problem foods and eating whole, unprocessed food). And this is the approach I still believe in.

Also the recipies aren't that helpful either and most of them can be found on her website or in Eat Yourself Beautiful. Personally I think Eat Yourself Beautiful is a much better book, so save your money and only buy that one.

I Quit Sugar Cookbook
I Quit Sugar Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't quit sugar without it, 12 Jun. 2013
This book is a must for quitting sugar. Lots of recipes for "tricky" sugar free options, such as breakfast, desserts and snacks.

Just what I needed.

I Quit Sugar
I Quit Sugar

5.0 out of 5 stars great guide to quitting sugar, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: I Quit Sugar (Kindle Edition)
I've quit sugar before, on my own, before finding out about this book. I lasted 5 weeks, but I just couldn't get my will power back - that was almost 2 years ago.

A friend of mine told me about this book and I'm pleased that I bought it. Whilst Sarah's 8 week plan isn't rocket science and it isn't any different to what I did last time, I do recommend purchasing it. It is full of tips and tricks to help you give up sugar. It feels like I'm quitting sugar with a friend/coach. And Sarah's approach is very forgiving and playful, which I like.

I also especially like her recipes - there are some in this book. But I recommend that you buy this book with her I Quit Sugar recipe book and you will be set to give up sugar and have sugar-free recipes for those tricky meals, such as breakfast, desserts and snacks.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my yoga practice, 21 Dec. 2012
I bought this to time my yoga sequences. I love that I can set different times for each exercise and that I can just let the countdown happen for my whole yoga set, without having to fiddle with the timer in between exercises. I also love that you can pre-set 3 different timers for different sequences.

Other people have complained that the user guide is not easy to follow. I didn't find this problem and I find it really simple to use. (Maybe they have updated the manual that comes with it?)

Inner Reflections Engagement Calendar 2013 (Engagement Diary)
Inner Reflections Engagement Calendar 2013 (Engagement Diary)
by Paramahansa Yogananda
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, inspirational calendar/diary, 21 Dec. 2012
I first bought the 2012 version of this engagement calendar and I love it so much that I had to buyt the 2013 one. I love the weekly pictures and affirmations. It is just lovely. (And a great diary/personal organiser).

The Essential Snatam Kaur
The Essential Snatam Kaur
Offered by newagemusicstore

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my Kundalini yoga practice, 21 Dec. 2012
I bought this for my kundalini practice and to do the mantra to one of these tracks. But I love the whole CD. The music is lovely and very soothing - for kundalini yoga or just chilling out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3