Profile for walkingman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Contour Design Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S/SE - Black
Contour Design Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S/SE - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good Contour case, 11 Mar. 2013
I had a Contour for my iPhone4. Compared to that one, this is slimmer and less bulky, which initially gave me a little worry as to whether it would be as good. But I'm fairly confident now it is. It's got the same 'rubberised' finish that gives a secure feel in the hand, and while being minimal seems to have a very good purchase on the phone itself. I think the thing I really like is that it retains the iPhone's overall look and feel. Had it for two months now, and working well.

Vango Nitezone 300 Extra Large Square Sleeping Bag - Black/Grey
Vango Nitezone 300 Extra Large Square Sleeping Bag - Black/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 11 Mar. 2013
Great value for money. I'm 6'4" and broad shouldered, and it gave me plenty of room, and kept me beautifully warm - and it never felt restrictive.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd vote no stars if I could, 11 Mar. 2013
What's the point of saving money compared to the Apple product, if the thing doesn't work?
Technically, it worked on one occasion. It failed after that. It had suffered no abuse, hadn't even been wound up. Whether it's a cable break, or something wrong with the electronics in the actual pin element, I don't know and don't care. My advice - don't buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 11 Sept. 2012
The shirt's well made, fits well and is very comfortable. It's light, wicks moisture very well, and protects pretty well against the wind. I'll be getting more.

Ultracamp Carter 4 man Camping Tent
Ultracamp Carter 4 man Camping Tent

4.0 out of 5 stars almost great..., 7 Sept. 2012
OK, the good stuff. First night in it and rain like I've rarely seen: absolutely torrential, and we stayed dry and warm. We even had to put it up in the torrential rain, and it went up well, with the whole thing well thought out in terms of ease of set up. Lots of good space. If there's a slight quibble about the design, it's that the front ground sheet isn't integral, which I think is a shame. And in terms of construction, I think a little more attention to quality might be good: one of the guy rope connectors tore almost immediately - bad stitching. Didn't bother us too much - a bit of duct tape soon sorted it out and we're not the sort to worry about appearances, but still... otherwise it would have been five stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2013 12:44 PM BST

Giro Skyline Helmet - White/Silver, One Size
Giro Skyline Helmet - White/Silver, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round, 1 Aug. 2012
Really very good. I'm using it for road cycling and usually struggle to get one that's big enough for me, fits properly and is comfortable at the same time. This one scores on all three counts. Doesn't make me cycle like Bradley Wiggins though.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, 1 Aug. 2012
To be honest, the only problem with this product is the photo - good though it is, it doesn't do justice to the fine detail. And of course it can't give you a sense of the piece's weight - it is heavy [as described], not overly so - just a really good presence. Fantastic!

Injinji Performance Original Weight Micro Socks-Black-L
Injinji Performance Original Weight Micro Socks-Black-L

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 23 Dec. 2011
Everything is just right with these socks. A perfect match for the Vibram shoes I use, comfortable and well made. I use both the socks and the shoes generally, as opposed to for sports: I had a hip operation and wanted to investigate if the shoe / sock combination would make a positve impact on my recovery. I can safely say that it has. Turned up time, perfect condition and exactly as described.

Page: 1 | 2