Profile for Lovely Treez > Reviews

Content by Lovely Treez
Top Reviewer Ranking: 799

Lovely Treez (Belfast, N Ireland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Private Blog of Joe Cowley: Straight Outta Nerdsville
The Private Blog of Joe Cowley: Straight Outta Nerdsville
by Ben Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for reluctant readers, 9 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Enjoyed by my just turned 17 year old who has somewhat eschewed reading in recent times. An easy holiday read for those who have strayed off the literary path.

The Summer of Impossible Things
The Summer of Impossible Things
by Rowan Coleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination, 3 July 2017
Time travel, romance and Saturday Night Fever - what's not to like? Rowan Coleman has the knack of making the impossible seem darn well probable in this quirky tale of family, love, regret and so much more.

Like the protagonist, Luna, I often wonder what my parents were like in their youth and now they're gone it's too late to find out. It would be wonderful to step back in time like Luna and witness the joy and exhuberance of young romance.

This is a brave departure for the author as the reader has to suspend all disbelief and become fully immersed in Luna's worlds, both present and past. It's quirky, whimsical and thoroughly beautiful. It's intelligent and thought provoking but it also has heart and soul in spades. The mother-daughter relationship is captured perfectly

I laughed and cried but mostly I asked myself "What if?". Open your mind to a world of possibilities and hope.

Bravo Ms Coleman and thank you for this leap of faith.

Toni&Guy TGIR1929 Style Fix Curler
Toni&Guy TGIR1929 Style Fix Curler

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in theory...., 24 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a great idea! Compact effective tongs just the right size to fit in your handbag. So, obviously they would either cool down really quickly or come with a heatproof bag/wrap? No, they don't and this really irks me as it wouldn't cost much extra to include this with the curler.

I have mid-length, fine hair so it didn't take too long to achieve a beach waves look but if your hair is any longer or thick this will not be a quick style fix. You will need optimum concentration and no distractions if you want to avoid burns so definitely not ideal for use whilst drinking a glass of wine and chatting with your mates.

The curls lasted well but I would feel safer using my normal size tongs and wouldn't want my teen to use these as she'd risk burning herself or her dressing table as the stand is rather precarious.

Such a shame as the concept is great but design flaws let it down.

BIC Tipp-Ex Star Wars Mini Pocket Mouse Correction Tapes - Pack of 2
BIC Tipp-Ex Star Wars Mini Pocket Mouse Correction Tapes - Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for school if liquid tipp-ex is banned, 24 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Liquid Tipp-ex is banned in my children's school so this correction tape comes in very handy and is an alternative to using those overpriced erasable pens which are currently on trend. The Star Wars branding isn't a big factor in their appeal but it at least makes them easier to identify when someone has swiped your stuff. It's effective, doesn't cause a mess but a bit pricey at the time of posting.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip, 5.5 ml, Be My Baby
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip, 5.5 ml, Be My Baby

3.0 out of 5 stars One for the Young, 24 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love a matte lip but have never used a liquid matte before, favouring the likes of Mac Ruby Woo instead. I always prep my lips by using a cotton flannel and a good quality lip balm as matte products can be drying especially for the more mature lady. Unfortunately this Rimmel product was too dry for me even with the exfoliating and moisturising beforehand. I like the colour, a beigey nude, and it is long lasting but the sickly sweet confectionery scent wasn't very appealing. One for the more youthful!

Kiss The Moon Glow After Dark Face Oil 30ml
Kiss The Moon Glow After Dark Face Oil 30ml

4.0 out of 5 stars For Normal to Dry Skin Types, 24 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My skin is dehydrated and combination but using facial oils is a good way to balance my complexion. This oil smells delicious and it was quickly absorbed into my skin after night time cleansing. After a few days use my skin was softer and flaky patches were improved. Unfortunately it seems to have caused a couple of acne breakouts which is a shame as it was such a pleasant product to use. If you have normal to dry skin it shouldn't cause any problems. The packaging is beautiful, very gothic in style. A tad expensive perhaps but then high quality aromatherapy oils are costly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2017 10:13 AM BST

Design Toscano "Art Nouveau Mystic Maiden" Wall Planter - Cream
Design Toscano "Art Nouveau Mystic Maiden" Wall Planter - Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Striking Design, 24 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This design really appealed to me as it reminded me of the Delphic Sibyls in the Sistine Chapel. I was concerned that it might be too grand for our suburban redbrick porch but she fits in very well! It's lightweight so it's easy to install but it looks much heavier and substantial. I have decided to use trailing fake but realistic flowers but this would be equally impressive and eye catching without a plant or flower.

Boston Duvet & Pillow Co 10.5 Soft And Cosy as Down Duvet, King, White
Boston Duvet & Pillow Co 10.5 Soft And Cosy as Down Duvet, King, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy and Doesn't Aggravate Allergies, 17 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have a super-king size bed and I've always struggled with changing the duvet cover but this "king-size" duvet is adequate and much less cumbersome. Another bonus is that it doesn't aggravate my allergies ( hay fever and dust-mite allergy) plus it is machine washable as regular cleaning at higher temperatures keeps the pesky dust-mites at bay. My only quibble is the lack of a reusable storage bag which one might expect at this price point.

Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes (30 Count)
Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes (30 Count)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Sensitive Skin, 17 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I have quite sensitive skin I can use micellar water to remove both face and eye make up without any adverse reaction. Unfortunately I didn't have the same experience with these cucumber wipes. They smell really fresh, are moister than a lot of other facial wipes on the market but they made my face and eyes sting really badly and I had to immediately rinse my eyes with cold water and even then they were still sore for hours afterwards. Considering that I have no problem with real cucumber slices on my eyes, I would seriously question the ingredients of this skin care product.

Bike Cover for 2 Bikes, Beeway® 190T Nylon Waterproof Bicycle Cover Anti Dust Rain UV Protection for Mountain Bike / Road Bike with Lock-holes Storage Bag
Offered by MagicQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 11 Jun. 2017
Covers 2 adult road bikes very securely, has withstood gale force wind and heavy rain (Summertime in N Ireland...) and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20