Profile for Scott A. Mckenzie > Reviews

Content by Scott A. Mckenzie

Scott A. Mckenzie (Selkirk)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
Offered by Forza Supplements

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but only if you can swallow large capsules !, 29 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good mix of vitamins for my wife as she dieted, however the capsules are huge !!! The booklet gave some good advice and explained the context of the vitamins, however by this stage my wife was already fairly knowledgeable about her diet and not sure how much that helped. The only issue relates to the size of the capsules which was prohibitive and may be too challenging for some !

The Road to Character
The Road to Character
by David Brooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Road to Character (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book surprised me somewhat - it was a very endearing and interesting account of a number of people in history who have lead inspirational lives. What I learnt through reading the accounts of others' lives was valuable but subtle - no life changing moments, but nonetheless positive. Most of all, I enjoyed the honest and and reflective nature of the historical accounts which I new relatively little about beforehand. A good book to put modern advances into perspective - we have so much to learn from history, not just the large events but also the characters that helped to shape our world.

HP H2800 BLACK HEADSET(6) ALTA CALIDAD RESISTENTE DURADERO ALTA CALIDAD RESISTENTE DURADERO
Offered by DB Technology srl

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sounding Headset, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these headphones for my daughter.
They come in a blister pack and do not come with any case for storage. Which is a niggle of mine. However they sound fantastic, have a nice Bass but not too over powering. The microphone works well when used with a headset. Calls are clear for both parties.
They seem of quite a good build quality, time will tell. All in all a good headset from HP and a definite improvement on the free headsets you get bundled with your mobiles and tablets.

BISSELL Multi-Reach 2-in-1 Light Weight Cordless Vacuum with 25.2 V Lithium-Ion 115 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light cordless sweep, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am delighted with my Bissell multi reach cordless vac.
It is stylish and modern in design , slim and versatile for storage.
Clear instructions to operate and emptying of dirt tank. Excellent suction power with additional edge reaching facility. The hand vacuum is easily removed and works well on stairs. In addition the hand tools provided allow easy access to out of reach areas. This cordless vac is an all round light weight performer.

Francis Francis X7.1 Iperespresso, 1 Litre, 240 W, Green
Francis Francis X7.1 Iperespresso, 1 Litre, 240 W, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent looking Capsule Coffee Machine, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Francis Francis X7.1 is a stunning retro looking coffee machine that would add a little bit of Italian chic to any kitchen.
The pastel green looks lovely against the chrome and black.
Not only does it look nice but it is very well made. You can feel the quality in all the components.
It is very simple to use and makes little to no mess. It uses the Illy Iperespresso coffee capsules. It makes a lovely cup of espresso and with the milk wand it's easy to make a latte or cappuccino.
Those are the main positives but I have a couple of negatives hence the four stars. Firstly and this is a personal issue so may not affect you but I would like the espresso to bit a little hotter. I know some prefer it warm and I believe that is the temperature it should be but I like mine piping hot. It does help if you warm the cup prior to dispensing. But still not hot enough for me.
The second issue is the same with any Capsule machine in being that you are restricted to using the Capsules of the same manufacturer. Now Illy coffee is lovely and this machine consistently makes a lovely cup but if you fancy some Lavazza for a change then you are scuppered. Also the capsules may be convenient but they are not as cheap as buying 1kg bags of ground coffee.
I would prefer a bean to cup machine but until I can afford a decent one the X7.1 will do a very good job in the meantime.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounding Speaker Let Down By Poor Software!, 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Panasonic's mid size wifi speaker a direct equivalent to the Sonos Play 3.
On the hardware front they are comparable. Both have a good build quality, and both sound excellent for their relatively small size.
I have heavily invested in the Sonos brand and have been using their products for the last five years.
However I got this speaker for my Father to compliment his Panasonic ALL8. ( which i have previously reviewed )The setup on the ALL3 was a little easier than it was with ALL8 but that may be because I had done it before with its larger brother. It was easier but its still more complicated and clumsy than it needs to be.
The main issue with these Panasonic speakers is the Panasonic Music Stream App that you use to control them. It is in a word AWFUL!
It is not intuitive at all, it is laggy and to play radio you need to install another radio app then control it through that. Where is the Sonos app is silky smooth and constantly updating and improving.
Another issue with the Panasonic App is the lack of 3rd party support. At present your choices are Spotify and radio.Whereas Sonos has a plethora to choose from such as Deezer, Rhapsody, Last Fm, Spotify, Google Play and Amazon Music to name a few.
My father loves his speakers and they do sound amazing but for me coming from a Sonos background I find it hard to recommend them against Sonos that is unless Panasonic revamp their App. Which they need to do and quickly!

Philips GC7619/20 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology, 200 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Iron, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the best iron I have owned and used.
After years of struggling with strandard steam irons a few years ago I upgraded to a Bosch steam generator iron.
I was amazed by how well it worked and it almost halved the amount of time I ironed. Which was a godsend. Having a family of three children and a wife my house sometimes resembles a Chinese laundry. So any help in reducing the time I spent doing this chore was helpful.
Although the Bosch was good it had its faults, it was very heavy, took an age to heat up and needed a baseplate to place the iron on when not in use. I once forgot to place on the plate and put it directly onto the base with almost catastrophic consequences.
Anyway with these faults it was always a pain to get the iron out when you only wanted to iron a single shirt etc so I had intended on buying a regular cheap iron for these occasions.
But I decided to go with this Philips iron instead and I am so pleased.
It irons as well as the Bosch if not better, it's lighter and is ready to use in next to no time.
It acts just like a standard iron but is a stream generator. The best aspect of this iron though is the fact that there are no settings to fiddle around with. It automatically adjusts the temperature for you by detecting what type of garment your ironing and because of this you can place the iron face down on the board when not in use and it won't burn your house down. Always a benifit!
It makes it so simple and even faster to get through my clothes mountain. Highly recommended. Well done Philips!

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality WiFi Speaker, 29 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this speaker for my Father. I myself have heavily invested in the Sonos ecosystem. Which is regarded as the best WiFi music system on the market and I would have to agree.
However if you do not want to go down the Sonos route then this Panasonic speaker is an excellent choice with some caveats.
Included in the box is the speaker, a power cord and a quick set up guide to installing the speaker and that's it.
The speaker itself feels very weighty and well constructed. It has a metal grille and a hard dimpled plastic surround. It does feel a little plasticy but solid all the same.
The instructions are very basic but did guide you through the basics of getting up and running.
Basically plug the speaker into the socket, switch on and wait for the flashing blue/red light to turn a constant blue.
Then go to your android / ios device and go to wifi settings. Once there you will see the allplay speaker listed. Click on it. Then you will be asked to give your speaker a name. Such as kitchen, lounge, bedroom etc.
The next process is to download the Panasonic Wireless Speaker App from the Play/ App Store.
Once installed all being well you should the speaker listed and you are good to go.
You just need to tell the app where to search for your music, which will be the music you have stored on your phone or tablet.
The sound is extremely good for a speaker of its size and is very comparable to the Sonos Play 5 in sound quality.
With crystal clear sound and a resonating bass.
You can also add other music sources apart from the music stored on your phone but at the moment they would only appear to be Spotify and Allplay Radio.
Whereas Sonos has an abundant amount.
The other issue with the apps is that when you open them you have to first download the relevant app be it spotify or allplay radio and instead of operating the music from within the panasonic app you have to do it through the 3rd party apps. Which makes it a bit cumbersome and not so user friendly.
That is where the All8 speaker is a let down. The build quality and sound of the hardware is top notch and up there with the very best but unfortunately the software to operate it is not very intuitive and quite clumsy. Especially if you compare it to the Sonos operating system which is a dream to use and is constantly being updated.
I have had to do an update with the Panasonic but did not seem to change the overall experience and the updating procedure was also very clumsy just like the software. Press update on app, wait until blinking orange light stops then take out power lead and wait 3 mins before replacing and switching on. Really Panasonic what were you thinking ???
I have given my review 4 stars which is a fair assessment I think.
On hardware alone it would be a 5 star product but it is held back by the awful software which I would only give 2 stars because at least it works.
If Panasonic can work on the software side of things then this will be a winner but until then buy with caution.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Men's Razor with Flexball Technology
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Men's Razor with Flexball Technology
Offered by Electrics Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Razor, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The new Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power is a very good razor. I've upgraded from the old Gillette Fusion Power razor without the flexball. It feels a bit more weighty in the hand and I like the new razor heads that now have a microcomb fitted that is supposed to guide your hair through the blades.
If I'm being an honest I haven't noticed a great difference between the two razors they both equally give a great close shave.
Gillette are promoting the flexball as the new great innovation in wet shaving but like I said I can't say it gave me a closer shave than the previous one. But saying that it does give you a great shave without any irritation.
The blades are expensive but depending on how often you shave you can get up to 3 weeks use on each.
A very good razor but I don't think it is as amazing as Gillette would like you to believe.

VAX W85-PP-T Dual Power Pro Carpet Washer, 1200 W
VAX W85-PP-T Dual Power Pro Carpet Washer, 1200 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Domestic Carpet Cleaner, 18 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The box itself is quite heavy so be prepared on arrival.

The machine comes in parts but it is fairly straight forward to assemble with clear instructions.
Included with the machine you get a hose, accessory bag, wash tool, hard floor tool, scrub tool and two bottles of Vax cleaning solution.

This Upright Vax machine replaces an older Cylinder style carpet cleaner also made by Vax.
It is better in almost every way. It is easier to maneuver, cleans better, easier to operate and leaves the carpets drier.

The only down side is that the machine is a little bit on the heavy side, I personally did not find this an issue although some others may do.
So it is worth pointing out.

I have carpets and hard floors through out the house and it managed clean both impeccably.
It does use quite a bit of cleaning solution but the results are there for all to see and its not as if you clean your carpets every week.

I also used the attachments for cleaning my sofa and it was equally as successful.

This really is a great cleaner that really gets the ingrained dirt out of your carpets and brings them back to life
No more having to pay for expensive rental carpet cleaners or for getting in tradesman to the job.
With a little of bit of elbow grease and this machine you will end up with clean fresh floors throughout your house!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18