Profile for Scott A. Mckenzie > Reviews

Content by Scott A. Mckenzie

Scott A. Mckenzie (Selkirk)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Philips Sonicare HX9331/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9331/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White

5.0 out of 5 stars When opening the packaging it feels anything like premium with the same recycled cardboard holding the toothbrush, 7 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first impressions you wouldn't know that you had just received a £250 toothbrush. The box looks the same as any other Philips Sonicare toothbrush. When opening the packaging it feels anything like premium with the same recycled cardboard holding the toothbrush. But when you get the contents in your hand then you realise the difference.
The toothbrush feels beautiful in the hand with its ceramic finish the way the various brushing programs light up through the handle is very chic.
The included accessories are lovely too. They comprise of a glass and a chrome charging base and a travel case.
The latter has a charging socket that also comes with a mini USB cable which is very handy for ease of charging when travelling. Many phones and tablets use the same cable (well those that are not of the Apple persuasion anyway) which means you could charge your toothbrush after you had finished charging your phone. Although having said that Philips claim that the toothbrush should last up to 3 Weeks on a full charge and i can verify that claim. As I have had the brush for about that time and have only charged it the once when I received it.
For home charging you can charge it by simply placing the brush in the glass as long as it's placed on the charging base anyway. The glass can obviously also be used to rinse with.
In operation the toothbrush is superb, it leaves my mouth feeling fresh and clean and my gums seem healthier for it too.
Although I must admit I have used cheaper sonicare brushes in the range and they had the same effect. So I'm not sure if spending this amount will bring you better brushing results. However if you are feeling indulgent then this product is a great addition to your bathroom.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars These Finish dishwasher tablets are excellent. I have tried many brands but always come ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Finish dishwasher tablets are excellent. I have tried many brands but always come back to Finish. I guess it's no surprise that many dishwasher manufacturers recommend the brand. They always leave my plates and dishes sparkling clean which can't be said about the cheaper equivalents out there.
Not only do they clean the contents but they leave the dishwasher clean and smelling fresh too.

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Timesaving Saving Gadget Ever!, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Karcher window vac is probably the best household timesaving gadget I have used.
I used to detest cleaning windows, although it can still be a chore it has halved the amount of time I spend doing it.
I owned the previous basic model which didn't come with any of the accessories.
I wanted a smaller head attachment so ordered this kit.
There are some noticeable differences in the machines. It is lighter in the hand and is slightly smaller in size which makes it easier to use. The design in how you open the chamber to pour away the waste has improved and it now flashes green instead of red when charging. Obviously no biggy but just an observation.
In operation there is no discernible differences. Although this time I have the spray bottle and cloth attachment to clean the window prior to vacuuming. To be honest I used to use a spray bottle of window cleaner filled half and half with cleaner and water. Spray window then agitate it with a non stick pan scrubber and got the same results. So much so that I will probably continue to do that.
You also still need to have some kitchen roll handy to wipe round the edge of the window that the Karcher still leaves behind.
It's for that reason it loses a star. It's still not perfect and you can sometimes notice some marks left by the squeegee a few days after you have cleaned. But it is 100 times better than using a spray cleaner and elbow grease. No more smearing and a lot less effort. It is so simple to do. You can clean a window in a fraction of the time.
The smaller head is great too. It means I can now clean my internal oak doors that have glass panel inserts.
The Karcher is not just for windows too, I use it on mirrors, shower cabinets, tiles and my fridge freezer.
Such a simple idea but a very effective one. Every home should have one.

BLACK+DECKER 32.4V 2-in-1 Stick Vac with ORA technology, White
BLACK+DECKER 32.4V 2-in-1 Stick Vac with ORA technology, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cordless Vac So Far!, 17 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very impressed with my Black & Decker cordless vac. As the title states it is the best one that I have used and I've had a few.
This machine is the first one that may replace my conventional vacuum once and for all.
It is very well built and has a space age look. It's slightly on the heavy side compared to others I've had but not overly and is certainly lighter and easier to manouver than any mains operetated upright vacuums.
It is as powerful as many of those vacuums too and is as good on hard floors as it is on carpets.
The machine has a roller bar that can be independently switched via a button below the power button. It is also a 2 in 1 machine. By pressing the button half way up the stick it releases a hand held vacuum for use with apholstry, stairs, car etc. The hand vacuum has an extendable hose for those hard to reach areas and comes with 3 attachments, a pet tool, crevice tool and apholstry brush.
When not in use it comes with a charging station to place it on. At first I struggled to place it on easily but have found it easier the more I do it and I now use the handle of the hand vac when placing it as opposed to the upright handle.
I leave it on the base constantly so that it is always ready to go when I need it. I live in a fairly large 3 bedroom house and it is more than capable of having enough power to clean it extensively with juice to spare.
The chamber where the dust and debris is stored is on the small size. So you do have to empty it after every use. Also some fluff does have a habit of sticking to the filter inside and does not what to come out without a hand. But these are minor grievances.
Another couple of points on use that I must mention is firstly the machine goes fairly flat for going under tables and chairs and is helped by having a plastic base under the head which gives it some stability. The second feature I like is that when you need to stop during mid vacuum that you are able to stand the vacuum upright. I was unable to do this with my last one and had to rest it on a wall but 9 times out of 10 it would fall.
I have been using this machine for about 4 weeks now and have not touched my Henry vacuum during that time.
The freedom this machine gives you is great without any compromise!
Highly recommended.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Black, Small
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Black, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Improving Technology, 9 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my second activity band having owned a Misfit Shine in the past.
The Fitbit Charge is a marked improvement on the latter.
The biggest improvement is that the charge has a display which is easily read and can give you simple instant feedback on your progress. This can be personalised to show what you want via the Fitbit app. The app can be accessed via your phone or tablet by downloading it from Apple, Windows or the Google Play Stores or via a website on your tablet or P.C.
It is quite user friendly and gives you access to any information you require.
The band fits well on the wrist but my wife did start to get a rash from using it but has since slackened it and that issue has improved.
You can wear the band as you sleep and will track how good a nights kip you had and seems remarkably accurate but have found it quite uncomfortable to wear in bed so no longer use it for this function which is not a biggy as the main reason I have this item is to improve my fitness levels and to give me a little nudge to help me achieve the goals I set.
With regards tracking I'm not sure how accurate it is, just like many pedometers on the market. However it is a good guide.
Another added bonus which is worth mentioning is that it can be linked to your smartphone and when you get a call. The band will vibrate and notify you via the screen the caller id. This has been very helpful as my wife carries her phone in her bag and never hears the ring when I call. But now with this feature she never misses any.
It lasts about a week on a full charge and can be recharged with the included usb cable in around 2 hrs.
On the whole I really like the Fitbit and I'm sure over time these fitness bands will keep improving and become more accurate and add even more features and benefits. But for the time being this is the best one on the market just now. Recommended.

La Chablisienne Sereine 2011 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
La Chablisienne Sereine 2011 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars a lovely Chablis, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I opened this wine with friends and we pretty much all thought it was wonderful. Although one of us felt it was a little too raw and green, the rest of us liked it's refreshing taste. Not sure how it would work with food but honestly can imagine that it's light enough for even the most delicate flavours. Good choice for a wine to share with special friends

Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale My First Racing Set
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale My First Racing Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nostalgic Fun, 2 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this for my six year old son and..... ahem his middle aged dad for some nostalgic fun.
In this day and age where everything is digital with video games and down loadable apps.
This scalextric set is a great blast from the past. The track was very easy to assemble and seems fairly robust. But time will tell on that one. The controllers also seem well made and my boy is able to use and control the cars without any help. Just like in times gone by though a heavy finger and your car will fly off the track. But practice makes perfect. A great toy which is more tactile than playing Mario Kart etc.

Hotpoint Multi-Functional Kitchen Machine, 400 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Kitchen Machine, 400 Watt, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Kitchen Machine, 30 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the second you take this item out of its packaging you realise what a quality piece of equipment you have just purchased.
It exudes class and it's stylish finish will compliment any kitchen.
The solid stainless steel mixing bowl has a large capacity and is very easy to clean.
The machine itself is very easy to operate, the utensils are easy to fit and change. Included are a dough hook, whisk and a stainless steel mixer.
The operating instructions supplied are very clear and in operation it excels with a good speed ratio. It mixes ingredients in seconds.
The results so far have been very impressive. If you are in the process of looking for a new kitchen gadget then this little beauty won't let you down.

Oral-B Trizone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Offered by EveryDay-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toothbrush, 30 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this toothbrush for my children. It's working well for that intended purpose. This is my third Oral-B toothbrush and all are much of a muchness. Which is not a bad thing per se.
The only real difference between them has been the colours and the different type of head. The heads that come with this model are slightly larger than the ones I've been used to. But they work well. Must of the heads are interchangeable so I am sure you would be able to find one to suit your needs. The brush has a two minute timer built in which is great for my kids as now there are now no arguments as to how long they have brushed their teeth. My kids have all commented on how clean their mouths feel now. Would recommend.

Melissa & Doug Reusable Puffy Stickers Princess
Melissa & Doug Reusable Puffy Stickers Princess

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and a great price !, 7 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quality stickers and good sticking ability for multiple uses. Robust and long lasting and great value for money x

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17