Profile for Scotty Mac > Reviews

Content by Scotty Mac
Top Reviewer Ranking: 828

Scotty Mac (Selkirk)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Everyday Harumi: Simple Japanese food for family and friends
Everyday Harumi: Simple Japanese food for family and friends
by Harumi Kurihara

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for exp!print Japanese food., 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was aware of Harumi and had previously considered buying one of her books out of curiosity. Apart from sushi, I am fairly naive about Japanese food, so I wanted an easy way to learn about it and try it out on the family. This book definitely provided a lot of really useful references about Japanese food and its unique ingredients. I was able to source many of the key ingredients at my local supermarket, despite the fact that I live in a rural location 40miles from the nearest city ! More obscure ingredients can also be sourced online. The recipes themselves vary from simple salads to complex (and somewhat intimidating) seafood dishes, but there is certainly something for everyone. Once you've found the ingredients, you don't necessarily need extensive culinary skills nor special equipment to create the dishes. The family understandably had some trepidation but actually responded well to most of my attempts once they had been convinced to try ! I particularly liked the Prawn & Chicken Confirm and the sirloin steak in miso marinade (how simple!!) . A great book to start exp!print Japanese food - east to read, good illustrations lovely recipes. More adventurous cooks may prefer some of Harumi's previous books.

Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Moisturising Hand Cream 100 ml
Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Moisturising Hand Cream 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, soft hands that smell lovely for ages x, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not usually persuaded by fashionable brands deciding make toiletries, however I was p!radiantly surprised by this hand cream. Firstly, the product is nicely presented and looks lovely on the dressing table. The cream itself is very rich and thick, so a small amount goes a long way. It soaks into the skin quite quickly and leaves the skin feelings off but not at all greasy. At first I thought the fragrance was a bit muted and lacking, however it seems to develop over time and I are all nice. In addition, my hands still smelt lovely after a few hours, which was bonus. I'm very impressed and will now try other Catch Kirstin toiletries. This makes a gorgeous gift !

Polti Vaporetto Handy 25 Plus Steam Cleaner, 3.5 Bar
Polti Vaporetto Handy 25 Plus Steam Cleaner, 3.5 Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Home Appliance, 13 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very impressed with the Polti Vaporetto. I have recently had laminate floor laid in my living room and hall and was looking for a device to help clean it. This item does the job with flying colours. It is well made, light and manoeuvrable. It really gives the floor a deep clean. It comes with various attachments for other jobs round the house such as cleaning sinks and taps and grouting between tiles. These attachments are all handily housed underneath the main body. The wand which you have to build by slotting the ends together until they click can also be attached to the main body for storage purposes along with a cable tidy built in to the wand which results in a very small footprint.
I have only used the appliance for cleaning my floors but I have no doubt that I will have similar results when I use the machine for other cleaning chores round the house.

Hawaiian Tropic 150 ml SPF 50 Pump Air Soft Sun Lotion
Hawaiian Tropic 150 ml SPF 50 Pump Air Soft Sun Lotion

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely luxury product, 3 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really lovely suncream, suitable for all the family. For myself, I particularly like the soft feeling that the cream gives my skin - no tackiness or excess moisture. The high factor is ideal to protect even the youngest children and the resistance means you don't have to keep reapplying after being in the pool. The smell is fine and the cream really does seem to last on the skin. Rather than a messing flip top lid, the cream is pumped out of the bottle, which stays clean and doesn't make a mess in your bag.

Jurni, Sit-on, Carry-on Suitcase - Cobalt Blue
Jurni, Sit-on, Carry-on Suitcase - Cobalt Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust & Innovative Suitcase, 25 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm very impressed with this carry-on Suitcase. It's nice and robust without being heavy and has lots if unique features built in.
It is made from the same people who brought us "Trunki" the ride on kiddies Suitcase.
And this Jurni does take elements from them.
It has a removable pod. Inline and pull along wheels. It can be used as a seat as long as you are under 100kg.
A secret storage compartment that can also double up as a compartment shelf. On the inside of the door there's strong elastic laces for holding documents, newspaper etc. There is also a nice wide telescopic handle that glides from the housing with ease. If you want to lock the case there is a padlock fixing point also.
It is made of lightweight durable plastic and has a scuff board so should be hard wearing for the frequent traveller.
It comes with a free 2 year warranty.
The case has an ejector button for the removable pod and two door release buttons and my only negative so far is that these buttons are quite stiff to push but I'm hoping after a few uses that they will become easier.
The manufacturer claims that Jurni is accepted by most airlines however you should always check with your carrier before departure.
This is an excellent Suitcase and I highly recommend it.

Specifications :

Dimensions
Height = 50cm / 19.7"
Width = 35cm / 13.8"
Depth = 20cm / 7.9"

Capacity = 25 litres / 5.5 gallons

Empty Weight = 3.2kgs / 7.1lbs

Maximum Seat Load = 100kg / 220lb

Recommend Minimum Height = 120cm / 47.2"

Igenix AMZ11 Breakfast Set Pyramid Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster - Metallic Cream
Igenix AMZ11 Breakfast Set Pyramid Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster - Metallic Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking Breakfast Set., 25 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Igenix breakfast set is lovely to look at and will fit well in any kitchen. It comprises of a fast boil pyramid kettle and a two slice toaster. Both function as they should. The kettle is fairly quick to boil and relatively quiet and has a really good spout to pour. One thing my last kettle was severely lacking in. The bad points for me are that the water gauge is in litre's as opposed to cups and the minimum level seems very high compared to other kettle's I've owned. Also the build quality is a little bit of a worry. Doesn't feel very robust, the handle seems to have a bit if play.
The toaster although looks good and functions adequately is very tinny feeling and extremely light. Which can mean it tips when you press down on the slider button. But if you use your other hand to hold the toaster then this is no longer a problem.
Over all for the money this is a nice set but it's certainly not of premium quality. But I am quite happy with them until they cease to function.

This Is The Water
This Is The Water
by Yannick Murphy

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying., 29 April 2016
This review is from: This Is The Water (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As reviewed by my daughter.
First of all, i found the writing style incredibly difficult to engage with. Like the title, nearly every first sentence in a paragraph opens with the introductory “This is...”. I did not only find this annoying, but boring too. I also believe in the first few chapters, many characters were introduced. This made the book even more confusing to keep up with. I kept asking myself "wait - who's Annie again?" However, if you are fond of 'swimming meets' then this book may be somewhat relatable to you. Personally, I did not enjoy this book and I would not recommend it to a friend.

ScotchBlue Painter's Tape Original Multi-Surface, 36mm x 55.8mm (2090-36A) - 1 roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Painting Made Easy., 18 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I have used ScotchBlue Painter's Tape. I have only used own brand masking tape in the past. What a difference!
No more paint on skirting and sharp straight lines. It is really applied and more importantly taking it off is a breeze. When using cheap tape it has the tendency to take off the paint you are trying to protect but not with ScotchBlue. Will never use cheap tape again. You pay what you get for.

Nourish: Vibrant salads to relish & refresh
Nourish: Vibrant salads to relish & refresh
by Amber Locke

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, but a bit over the top !, 18 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love a good salad, especially if it can be served as a meal and therefore this book waasan obvious choice. The variety of ingredients used and the creativitywith which they are used is amazing. To compliment the salads, Amber supplies the recipes for a huge range of dressings and toppings, which is a big bonus ! Some of the ingredients are likely to be difficult to source unless you live in the States, but generally there are suitable alternatives available. You have to like to challenge your taste buds as many of the recipes involve unfamiliar and downright odd combinations, but it's worth experimenting.
My only gripe, and I guess this is personal, relates to the apparent focus on presentation. All the salads are made to look like works of art which, although not a particular problem, does take away from the taste aspect. If you host a lot of lunches, you could wow your guests but i though it was far too fussy. Nonetheless a great book for ideas and inspiration, and the dressings are amazing !!!

AEG SB7500 7 Series Blender with TruFlow Titanium Blades, 900 W, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Blender, 15 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This AEG Blender is very good indeed. It has coped with everything I have thrown at it with extreme ease.
It is a large and very sturdy bit of kit. A big solid stainless steel base topped with an equally solid 1.65 L Thermo Glass Jug which is handily dishwasher safe. The blades are titanium so are sharp so be careful and they can be detatched for cleaning purposes. They are very durable and should be long lasting.
The machine has 5 set programmes, variable speed high / low , smoothie , ice crush and pulse.
The motor is 900 watts and has been more than powerful enough for what I've blended.
Not only does it do the job but it looks the part as well and will look great on any kitchen worktop.
The old adage you get what you pay for. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20