Profile for Beck > Reviews

Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- [100% POSITIVE RATED]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had my own reindeer...., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my family to watch on a girly-weekend away. It's a take on the Snow Queen, with all the disney singing magic you'd expect!

Everyone went wild about this film so my expectations were very high and I was not disappointed! The relationship between Elsa and her sister was very well written and had you laughing, crying and everything inbetween! Rollercoaster of a film suitable for all.

Longitude: Special Anniversary Edition
Longitude: Special Anniversary Edition
by Dava Sobel

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift well received...., 1 Aug. 2014
Bought as a present for my relative, it was a lot smaller than expected but it was requested so I presume he knew what he was getting!

The book looked beautiful, worth the extra pennies for the special edition and it was very well received, the reader flew through it and enjoyed the story and writing greatly.

Blue Is the Warmest Color
Blue Is the Warmest Color

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read..., 1 Aug. 2014
After hearing about this everywhere I decided to try it out, I didn't want to rally watch the film as it was apparently disapproved of by the author and some people who'd seen it said it was quite gawdy, I'm a book-girl anyway so....

I do like to buy paper publications for those books I know are picture-heavy, and neither am I a comic book reader, but I decided to try this on my kindle paperwhite due to the price difference. I was aware it will lose some of its visual presence being in black and white and I felt it did lose something in the way of how easy it was to read the dialogue on the kindle but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of the story or indeed the quality of the artwork via my kindle paperwhite.

Really refreshing and unique, had me in tears at the end. You read the story as flashbacks of memory from a diary. The story is quite a delicate romance and coming-of-age story about a high-school girl that meets her soulmate who turns out to be a woman and how she deals with the ramifications of that throughout different areas of her life.

I'm not generally a romance kind of girl as I find it all quite repetitive but this was really lovely, if quite ... well blue. Read it all in two sittings and that was only as I had to stop to go to work!

1.0 out of 5 stars No effect at all., 7 April 2014
I have previously used Skin Doctor to treat ingrown hairs with reasonable effect.
A whole bottle of this stuff made no difference pre or post waxing.

Official T Shirt LEGO STAR WARS Blue X-WING M
Official T Shirt LEGO STAR WARS Blue X-WING M

5.0 out of 5 stars Well received present., 7 April 2014
This tee shirt looked as great as I was expecting, and was good quality too, which is what you would expect from Lego products.

Ultrasun Face 30 (100ml)
Ultrasun Face 30 (100ml)
Offered by Venture Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, kind to skin., 7 April 2014
This review is from: Ultrasun Face 30 (100ml) (Misc.)
I have really sensitive skin and struggle to find a good product that I can use under my make up with a decent enough spf to deal with everything from everyday to skiing in bright sunlight, but won't make me break out.

This is great, not greasy at all, high protection, make up goes on like a dream over it and it doesn't take long to sink in.
Don't be put off that it feels quite heavy, only need a small amount as it covers really well.

GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment 50 g
GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment 50 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, does what it says on the tin!, 7 April 2014
I thought i'd try a pot of this stuff after hearing about it everywhere!
I have super sensitive skin and suffer from eczema, it was really great at clearing my skin and giving it a nice healthy glow and feel after a break out of eczema.

I usually shy away from any sort of product like this as it leaves my face red and irritated, but after a quite strong tingling sensation (which is to be expected but still had me worried) my face turned out so soft, clear, felt wonderful, blemishes seems to be dimished and everyone was commenting on how good my skin looked.

Would recommend.

Revo Super Signal Deluxe DAB Table Radio with DAB/DAB+/FM Reception, Digital Alarm and Bluetooth Wireless Streaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, amazing sound, all functions work well!, 7 April 2014
I looked around for ages for a DAB Radio that also has an alarm clock, there's not many out there on the market that have good reviews. This one is a bit on the pricey side for what I was after, but Revo have a good rep and it can also be used as a bluetooth speaker.

It looks very smart and is very easy to use, the preset stations are easy to set, as are the alarms which have many different settings for different days of the week, volume, station etc. The sounds is crystal clear and the bass is great, I was surprised the bluetooth function is so clear, I find bluetooth speakers never really live up to their expectation but this one copes admirably with all types of music, pop, rock, metal and classical streamed from my mobile phone.

I had a couple of issues getting my bluetooth device to stream properly when I first set it up, but emailed Revo support and they had a swift response with a simple remedy.

If it had any drawbacks I would say the lowest setting for the brightness of the display isn't very low and it felt quite bright to start off with. The remote is also a bit hefty, I have a feeling that will be left in a draw, but it wasn't really needed for me anyway.

Don't scrimp on price, would recommend to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfit for purpose!, 7 Jan. 2013
This style of Covert case does not fit the Samsung Ativ S as advertised! The phone is too long for the case and it wont shut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cheap, good mouse., 16 Feb. 2012
Quick delivery, looks good and lightweight.
Despite some of the other reviews it does come with the usb transmitter, it is in a compartment covered by the battery cover.
Worked straight away, seems to work great.

Page: 1 | 2