Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now
Profile for Simon > Reviews

Content by Simon

Simon

Meyoung Robot Vacuum Cleaner Smart Infrared Remote Control Anti-collision Vacuum Cleaning 7 Scheduled Clean Modes Robotic Floor Cleaner Automatic Hoover (Gold)
Offered by JIETIAN Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, quiet and effective. Won't self charge on Timer mode, 17 May 2016
This cleaner is much quieter than my old Roomba 560 and I really like that it doesn't knock into the furniture. It is much lighter than a Roomba but the battery still seems fine to go over a good sized room several times (easily as much as the Roomba).

However for my needs it has an annoying failing. Whilst it has a self charging base that it can return itself too, when it is set to timer function it won't run off the self charging base. The programming only allows for it to use the self charging base when in continuous cleaning mode. Being on the charging base actually cancels the timer function. I use it to pick up the crumbs in my kitchen so I want it to run every night. The Roomba would do this with very little attention (I just emptied the dust box every other day or so), with this machine I need to reset the timer and take it off the charging base every night before bed. Very annoying, especially as there is no physical need for it to be like this. It is just a failing in the programming.

Apart from that it is a very good machine. Am really torn between 4 and 5 stars, whist it does have the failing mentioned above it is also quieter, better in many ways and much cheaper than the equivalent Roomba.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unsafe, 11 Nov. 2014
This charges fine, but when I unplugged my device I received a strong electric shock. I Tested it in another socket with a different cable and got the same result.

Dangerously unsafe!

I wrote to the sellers about this but got no response

A Newbies Guide to iPad Air (With iOS 7)
A Newbies Guide to iPad Air (With iOS 7)
by Minute Help Guides

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 30 Nov. 2013
I have never felt the need to review anything from Amazon before but this product was so poor I felt I had to let people know. This is an amateurish walk through that looks like it was created in a couple of hours then printed out on a cheap home printer.

There is no table of contents at the front and no glossary at the back, if you want to know something about your iPad you literally have to read it all the way through which would be dramatically more difficult and time consuming than just picking up the iPad and fiddling until you found the answer.

I bought this for my Dad for Christmas but instead it's going straight in the bin.

The Spirit Level Delusion: Fact-Checking the Left's New Theory of Everything
The Spirit Level Delusion: Fact-Checking the Left's New Theory of Everything
by Christopher John Snowdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Lies, damn lies and statistics, 24 Sept. 2012
If you read the Spirit Level and wondered that such a simple solution seemed to cure all of societies ills, this explains how they did it. I have no doubt the author of this book also has his own bias when selecting data to prove the point, but that's just it, always doubt a 'scientist' who starts of with a political view and seeks evidence to support it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 10:18 PM GMT