Profile for Roberto > Reviews

Content by Roberto

Roberto (Norwich, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Anker® 60W 7-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 3 PowerIQ Charging Ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, robust and convenient, 21 Nov. 2016
The downside of small laptops is the reduced number of USB ports. With this hub I connect my time-machine drive, the external drive I use to store photos and I still have plenty of space to plug USB sticks. Not to mention that I can also charge three devices at the same time without the need of faffing around with a pile of chargers. All in all, it works like a charm.

iBetter MOTO G4 /MOTO G4 Plus Case , TPU Bumper with Crystal Clear PC Back [Drop Protection/Shock Absorption Technology] For MOTO G4/G4 Plus 5.5" 2016 Phone (Black Quartz)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and practical case, 19 Sept. 2016
It fattens the phone a little bit but all cases do. Otherwise, it protects well the body of the phone and the raised border saves the screen as well. The transparent back lets through Motorola's 'M' which is a nice touch.

Motorola Moto G4 16GB (2GB Ram) SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Motorola Moto G4 16GB (2GB Ram) SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by FONOGRAM

4.0 out of 5 stars A mid-range Android phone with an entry-level price tag., 19 Sept. 2016
I've had this for three months now and I'm very happy with it. It's a solid and quick phone, with very good performance and good quality camera (don't expect S7 or iPhone quality photo, but it's definitely good). Stock Android is Android at its best, so no complaint software-wise. A bit larger in size than I expected but that's not an issue (I should have paid more attention to the screen size when I bought it!). The battery lasts long, definitely better than my old Samsung S5 in its good days. 16 GB may not be much these days but with a slot for micro SD cards and a bit of care of what apps you're going to install you don't need to worry too much about disk space.
The only quirk I found is that while in charge the phone sometimes becomes hard to use. It starts detecting 'ghost touches' around the display and the only way to stop that is to unplug it. I haven't figured out what's causing this and it might very well be the case, but I find this to be only a minor nuisance.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2016 6:28 PM BST

Top Rated Car Charger, [Lifetime Warranty] RAVPower Dual USB Car Adaptor (4.8A/24W, iSmart Charging, Built-in Safety Protection) for iPhone 7 / 6S Plus / 5S, iPad Air / Mini, Galaxy S7 / S6 Edge, Nokia and More - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy charger to keep in your glove compartment, 28 April 2016
I've only had this for a few weeks and only used it a couple of times. I can't really complain, it works well and charges my phone. It has a blue light that comes on when there's tension so you know the charger is plugged correctly, which is pretty handy.
There's something I should say though. I tried on a long(ish) road trip using my phone (Galaxy S5) as satnav. Obviously in those conditions its battery use is rather intense, but I still expected that with 2.4A the phone would charge. It did, but extremely slowly - in three hours it probably charged the battery of a couple of percents. This tells me that you get 2.4A per port if:
* your car electrical system can actually deliver that (it should)
* the device you're charging determines it's safe to draw more than 0.5A from the charger
In short, don't expect this to be automatically a fast charger, it might be on some phones / tablets, but not all of them. This is by no means an issue for me, but it might be for someone else.

Griffin DJ 2 Cable
Griffin DJ 2 Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 25 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Griffin DJ 2 Cable (Accessory)
Works seamlessly in conjunction with Algoriddim Djay. The only downside I found is that the output is a bit quiet - I guess it's bound to be given its half the normal power, but it has given me some grief when the sound system didn't amplify the input enough.

Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White
Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White
Offered by DREAM FIELD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good headset, average sound quality, 1 Oct. 2015
It's a decent headset, it works well, the battery lasts long enough to forget that you need to charge it from time to time. I'm not completely convinced about the sound quality. I don't think the bass sounds as good as with other models of similar range. Previously to these headphones I bought a Sony DR-BTN200M, which I had to return because it had pairing issues with my iPad (sound and video would go out of sync), but if I had to choose purely on the basis of sound quality, the Sony would win hands down.

Sony DR-BTN200M Bluetooth Wireless Headset with NFC Connectivity - White
Sony DR-BTN200M Bluetooth Wireless Headset with NFC Connectivity - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, one flaw, 14 Sept. 2015
I would be very happy with these headphones. Sound quality is great and so is battery life, they're also very comfortable to wear. However, I have to return them because of a major flaw: audio-video sync. It's fine on my Mac laptop and on my Samsung phone, but it's totally off on my iPad, which is the device I use the most for watching videos. Basically, that makes these headphones useless for me, which is why I'm returning them after trying for a couple of weeks of trying if I could get a hint on how to fix the issue.

Starlite Black Jazz Shoes RS 8.5L
Starlite Black Jazz Shoes RS 8.5L
Offered by Dancing in the Street

3.0 out of 5 stars Need it for a show, won't use it otherwise, 4 Aug. 2015
Not particularly good of a shoe. After two hours of rehearsal my feet were aching. I only got it because I need it for a show, and that's what I'll use it for.

Jabra Wave Wireless Bluetooth Headset - Black
Jabra Wave Wireless Bluetooth Headset - Black
Offered by HappyHandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bluetooth headset, 15 April 2015
Excellent audio quality, sits firmly on my ear, battery life is good. What's not to like?

Bosch - Season 1
Bosch - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detective drama, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I rarely follow detective dramas - I'm not a great fan. Then once, out of boredom, I watched the pilot of Bosch. So glad I did! And I so look forward to season 2, hopefully the quality will be just as high.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3