Profile for g m scarfe > Reviews

Content by g m scarfe

g m scarfe (hove, east sussex United Kingdom)

The Collection 1977-1982
The Collection 1977-1982
Offered by Revolution Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 May 2014
Reminded me what was great about this band. No more heroes us just the top of the iceberg. Classic stuff.

Being There [DVD] [1979]
Being There [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Peter Sellers

5.0 out of 5 stars sellers best, 28 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Being There [DVD] [1979] (DVD)
Peter Sellers' final film was very probably his very best. A considered performance as Chance, the simple gardener who rises through political society by his childlike innocence, makes this beautiful allegory a must-see film.
American films don't come much better than this, and if your view of Sellers is that of a wonderful mimic or goon, then look again. Being There is the work of a great comedy actor at the height of his powers.

Elvis Today Tomorrow And Fore
Elvis Today Tomorrow And Fore

5.0 out of 5 stars boxing clever!, 6 Aug. 2002
It's very easy to get all misty eyed over box sets such as last years "Live In Las Vegas" or "Platinum", and yes, these were great compilations, but this latest release tops the lot. Inclusions such as "Love Machine", "Mexico", "I got a feeling in my body", "Wonderful World", "Stay Away" "US Male" (I could go on...) raise the stakes for any future Elvis compilation set. The songs we get offered here (forget the alternate takes, just look at the songs) are off the beaten track. This is great news for those coming to Elvis for the first time off the back of ALLC single as it proves that 'our boy' isn't all Hound Dogs, Teddy Bears and Proud Mary's. It offers a wider view, and of all the box sets, is one that I know I'll come back to more often than, say A Golden Celebration. If I could give it 5+ stars I would. This isn't just hyperbole, Today, Tomorrow & Forever really does deliver.