Profile for S. Davies > Reviews

S. Davies

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 22 Nov. 2013
For some reason I was under the impression that these were bluetooth speakers, but when I set them up, I was so impressed I decided to keep them anyway. The bass is multi directional, and even when the volume is low I can hear it in surrounding rooms. I can't fault the sound quality for the price of these speakers, and I solved the bluetooth problem by spending very little on a plug in receiver. Very happy.

The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards
The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards
by Colette Baron-Reid
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, uncannily accurate, 10 Mar. 2013
I collect Tarot and Oracle cards, and I have The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle by the same creator. These cards are beautiful, gilt-edged, with vibrant, easy to read imagery. They are slightly bigger than a deck of Tarot cards, and are satisfyingly stiff with a glossy finish.

Whenever I pull a card from this deck, it relates, uncannily, to the current situation. It comes with an instruction book, which is relatively in-depth.

Although the deck is supposed to compliment the book 'The Map' by Colette Baron-Read, I do not own and have not read the book. I don't think it is necessary to have read the book to be able to understand the cards, but have been encouraged to look into reading it.

Excellent product, highly recommended. This is currently my favourite oracle deck.

Pink Reversible Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover Pouch For Amazon Kindle 3 3G WIFI - Part of the Crazy4fones Accessory range
Offered by crazy4fones

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 2 Mar. 2013
I bought the pink one and it matches my Kobo glo e-reader perfectly. I wanted something that would protect my Kobo on the move; I was reluctant to buy a full cover as the pink quilted back is quite spectacular. The price is right for the product, it doesn't add unnecessary bulk and does as it says in the description!

Reiki Gold
Reiki Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars As it says on the tin, 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Reiki Gold (MP3 Download)
Reiki Gold is a very soothing album. I have used it for Reiki healing, relaxation, meditation, and it makes for excellent non-intrusive background music as well. I would certainly be encouraged to consider other work by this artist.

Enya Large Rustic Brown Leather Bound Journal (21cm x 15cm)
Enya Large Rustic Brown Leather Bound Journal (21cm x 15cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good value., 28 Nov. 2012
This product is pliable but sturdy, the leather cover has almost a 'raw' feeling, a bit like suede but not quite refined. The pages are thick and uniform, and there are lots of them! I haven't had any problems with the ink bleeding through. Highly recommended. I have used a number of leather journals in the past, but none quite as nice as this.

Griffin iClear 6127-CLR5G - Clear Hard Plastic Case For iPod With Video
Griffin iClear 6127-CLR5G - Clear Hard Plastic Case For iPod With Video

4.0 out of 5 stars When a product claims iClear, i expect iClear, not iFrosted..., 9 Aug. 2010
I had been searching for a hard, clear case for my ipod 80g, and I came across the iClear. I am quite fond of gelaskins for my i-products, but they do not provide as much protection as a hard case.

The price was right and the postage was free. However, nowhere in the description on Amazon did it say '...with a frosted back section.' Although this has no impact whatsoever on the functionality of the product as protection, I was dismayed to find that I will now be viewing a good portion of the artwork of my gelaskin through a frosted panel. I feel that this should be pointed out. However, on a naked ipod, the ipod logo, size and serial number information can still be viewed without problems.

As a product, I have still given it 4 stars. It comes with 2 back panels, one for the 30g, and one for the 60g. I'll also point out that the 60g cover fits my 80g ipod like a glove.

The front is completely clear, and the screen is protected. The bottom of the ipod is left uncovered, allowing the ipod to be docked without necessitating the removal of the case. The clickwheel, headphone jack and hold switch are easily accessible.

The product feels very solid, even before being attached to the ipod, snaps into place easily, and doesn't add any obvious bulk or weight.

I recommend this product for the level of protection it provides, and the ease of which it can be used. It is certainly the cheapest 'clear' hard case you will find for the 5th gen ipod classic.

Highly recommended.

X2 KITSOUND PINK MOBILE SPEAKER BAG
X2 KITSOUND PINK MOBILE SPEAKER BAG

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll get over the pinkness..., 6 Aug. 2010
I was looking for a speaker bag to replace my last one, which unfortunately met its end at the last festival I attended. As I was sure my next one was likely to go the same way, I was reluctant to pay very much, and accepting of the sound quality that comes with a low price tag.

Then, I found this. For £2.95, I didn't expect an awful lot in terms of performance, and the fact that it had had no previous reviews wasn't very promising. Nevertheless, the price was right.

Delivery from Amazon's seller was quick, as always, and the product itself was surprising, as well.

The Kitsound speaker bag (in pink, unfortunately) houses my 5th generation 80gb ipod (plus case) with no problems. It requires 1 x AA battery (not included) and comes with a range of adapters for various mobile phones.

The sound quality is not bad. The sound is clear, not tinny at all, and the bass is more than reasonable. For the price (with free postage) there is very little to complain about.

If it is destroyed on its next outing, I will certainly be ordering another one.

Babyliss 2160 ThermaGlass 3/4" Straightner
Babyliss 2160 ThermaGlass 3/4" Straightner

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 2 Nov. 2007
I bought these straighteners to replace my remingtons, as the ceramic coating was starting to peel off after 3 years of continuous use. The offer of a straightening surface that caused "the minimum amount of damage" was, of course, an attractive one, however, after using these straighteners for the first time, I found that this was in place of any actual straightening properties.
The Babyliss thermaglass straightener took much longer to heat up than was advertised, and also the results of the "straightened" hair lasted, on average, about 10 seconds. This was an extremely poor product in comparison to my previous straighteners.
If you have fine hair that is easily tamed, then go ahead and buy them. They may well work for you. If, however, your hair is thicker and determined to do what it wants to, then there are many better quality hair straighteners out there, at much more competetive prices.