Profile for mrs b c glover > Reviews

Content by mrs b c glover

mrs b c glover

A Living Space
A Living Space
by Kit Kemp

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable styling, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Living Space (Hardcover)
Bought this book to help me complete and pull together a look for my new bedroom. Without copying I was able to achieve a braver and more extravagant style than I would normally go for.

Colour Recipes for Painted Furniture and More: 40 step-by-step projects to transform your home
by Annie Sloan

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of inspiration, 5 Aug. 2013
This book helped enormously when I needed to bring up to scratch a tired old wooden bedroom suite. My headboard is now spectacular.

Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex Adults' Sandals, Black (SCHWARZ), 5 UK (38 EU)
Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex Adults' Sandals, Black (SCHWARZ), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars As seen in Vouge fashion shoot., 5 Aug. 2013
Never had a pair of Birkenstocks before. I was encouraged to buy these after admiring the styling in a Vogue fashion shoot, Hence I am wearing them with clothes other than the obvious casual beach look.

Beautiful Ruins
Beautiful Ruins
by Jess Walter

4.0 out of 5 stars Will be recommending this for my book club, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Ruins (Paperback)
A hugely romantic epic, that brought in lots of recognisable cultural elements without being cheesy and obvious. I took my time to read this book, it was one to submerge oneself in and I hope for the same experience when I read another book by Jess Walter.

Stylish Dress Book: Simple Smocks, Dresses and Tops
Stylish Dress Book: Simple Smocks, Dresses and Tops
by Yoshiko Tsukiori

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky styling. ideal for young, and not so young., 5 Aug. 2013
I have this book and also Wear with Freedom, and after some grappling with the idea of finding the pattern pieces I needed from the myriad of lines on the pattern sheets provided, the rest was straight forward and proved simple to make. You would however need some dressmaking experience as I found when my daughter tried her hand from this book. Some things I took for granted in the instructions where lost on her. Still great results. These books are just what I was waiting for.

Stylish Dress Book: Wear with Freedom
Stylish Dress Book: Wear with Freedom
by Yoshiko Tsukiori

5.0 out of 5 stars Just my style, 5 Aug. 2013
Looking at the photos of tiny models in this book I had little hope that the clothes would make up to my size, so my first attempt found me adding a generous seam allowance to the largest size. No need. I ended up having to adjust it back. I am a busty size 18. It seems the patterns are all styled on the loose size anyway. I have made 3 items now from this book and another in the series. Will definitely be buying the next the be translated to English.