Profile for Roseanna > Reviews

Shenanigans
Shenanigans
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Lives On, 29 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Shenanigans (Audio CD)
You know, I've talked about this album with a lot of 'die hard' Green Day fans, and nine times out of ten, I've come away startled after hearing 'Shenanigans' viciously slated. Why? I owm and praise everything produced by Green Day themselves, and (while I favour Greenday's early work of 'Kerplunk' and '1039/smoothed out Slappy Hours' - brilliance) am in love with this album, even more so than the ever popular 'Warning'.
Yes, there's a lot of cover work here, but it isn't just Green Day singing some one else's songs; they've added they're own personal flare and made them uniquely green. I get the definite impression that Green Day weren't necassarily wanting a critically aclaimed number one album. This is Green Day doing what they do best and enjoying it to the full, and I believe they've come up trumps once again.
Something I love about this album is the two additions from Mike Dirnt. I love Billie Joe jsut as much as the next fan, but let's give credit to the under-rated bass player who has given us 'Ha Ha You're Dead' and 'Scumbag'. Thought it was Bille Joe? If you listen to these unforgetable tracks, they have their own style, branching from the Green Day tree but oddly different.
So, what I'm trying to get across here is that 'Shenanigans' is a brilliant and much under-rated masterpiece, inculding remodeled classics and displaying the same talent Green Day fans everywhere know and love. Buy it; you won't regret it.

False Smiles
False Smiles
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A voice for the so-called freaks, 2 July 2003
This review is from: False Smiles (Audio CD)
Amy Studt's new sound has been compared to a wide variety of female pop and rock icons, from Avril Lavigne to Alanis Morissette. I, however, would describe her as being completely unique. Instead of singing lyrics written only to ryhme approprately, Amy drops the forced pop fad sound and sings her own lyrics. These are brimming with angst and thoughtfulness. For me, the album sends out a number of strong messages. It's saying that it's better to be a so-called freak than a superficial clone, and that it's best to just be yourself. This is a vital message that has been ignored for too long. Amy deserves musical recognition. I for one hope to see many more albums from her in the future.