Profile for Susan > Reviews

Susan

Purelite 3-in-1 Magnifying Lamp, Plastic - White
Purelite 3-in-1 Magnifying Lamp, Plastic - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for close work, 24 Nov. 2013
This lamp is perfect for highlighting work when the natural light is poor. It also means that with the magnifing lense, I can work with very small stitches with ease. A great product which I thoroughly recommend.

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars very readable, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Paperback)
Another great book by Jodi Picoult who has the talent for not only picking true human dilemmas but then puts them into a page turner of a story.

Shamed: The Honour Killing That Shocked Britain - by the Sister Who Fought for Justice
by Sarbjit Kaur Athwal

5.0 out of 5 stars honour killings, 19 July 2013
I gave this book a high rating because it was well written and very readable. It highlighted what we, in the so called civilised UK , know happens and yet the closed ethnic communities seem to have their own rules which go against democracy and the rule of law as we know it. I admire the courage of Sarbjit in coming forward and hope that in telling her story we, as a nation, clamp down and punish severely those who flout our laws.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
by Dan Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 7 Jun. 2013
Dan Brown has come up with the goods again. His research into Florence and Venice is superb and if you know the cities, you really feel as if you are there with the characters. The story is totally unbelievable but a very good read nevertheless.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 7 Jun. 2013
This throw is as described in the advert. It's a bit thin but adequate for covering my conservatorysofa. I wouldn't recommend it for hard, everyday use as I think it might wear out.

Mediterranean A Taste of the Sun in Over 150 Recipes, Jacqueline Clark, Joanna F
by Jacqueline Clark

4.0 out of 5 stars mediterranean cookbook, 14 Nov. 2012
This book is great. The photos remind me of many happy holidays and the recipes take me back to. They are easy to follow and so far have been readily accepted and eaten by my family. Would thoroughly recommend this cookbook for anyone who likes to eat and cook Mediterranean food.

Grey Owl [DVD] [2000]
Grey Owl [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Pierce Brosnan
Offered by Super Duper

5.0 out of 5 stars Grey Owl, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Grey Owl [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
The film was a portrayal of probably the vert first environmentalist ever, Archie Grey Owl as he was known. Filmed in Canada the scenery was breathtaking and the story of Grey Owl's life from when he joined an Indian tribe to the time of his death was sensitively told.

Besieged: Life Under Fire on a Sarajevo Street
Besieged: Life Under Fire on a Sarajevo Street
by Barbara Demick

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosnia, 8 Jun. 2012
Having heard an abbreviated version on Radio 4, I was captivated by the story of Sarajevo and as I'd little real knowledge of what happened in Bosnia in the early nineties I thought it would help understand the conflict there. I wasn't disappointed. The book is well written and combines the sories of real people and their experiences of war with facts.

Emma [DVD]
Emma [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale

5.0 out of 5 stars Emma, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Emma [DVD] (DVD)
This version of Emma was great. Having listened to the story on my I Pod which I found interesting, I wanted to watch the film too and was not disappointed.

Cedar Bird Nest Box & Bird Nest Box Colour Camera with Audio
Cedar Bird Nest Box & Bird Nest Box Colour Camera with Audio
Offered by Garden Secrets

4.0 out of 5 stars Bird Nest Box, 1 Jan. 2012
Although we haven't assembled the bird box yet, it was a Christmas present, it looks fairly easy to do so and we are excited about installing the camera and hopefully seeing results in the spring.