Profile for Ali > Reviews

Content by Ali

Ali "Ali" (Northwest London)

Son of a Witch (Wicked Years)
Son of a Witch (Wicked Years)
by Gregory Maguire

4.0 out of 5 stars I returned to the OZ!, 23 Aug. 2007
Lirr,the boy who disappeared after Elphaba gone...He was still in the OZ!
The novel was little dull until halfway,but after it,romantic dialogue,beautiful representation of the land,and lastscene...I enjoyed a lot!
Its not gorgeous than WICKED,so its not good for musical stage,but its very good novel!!I love it!!

Wicked [Original Broadway Cast Recording]
Wicked [Original Broadway Cast Recording]
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Hello OZ, 22 Aug. 2007
I had decision about go to LA to see Eden Espinosa's Elphaba but I knew it running in London,So I couldn't wait and see it in London.
I saw the musical stage at Apollo Victoria theater,it was so gorgeous stage and perfect performance!And I got CD!(it was very different story from the novel but I never mind,I love this songs)
I love"Wizard and I","Defying gravity"and"As long as your mine",Edina Menzel's voice moved me!!(She played also RENT original cast Maureen,I love it either)

Wicked: 1 (Wicked Years 1)
Wicked: 1 (Wicked Years 1)
by Gregory Maguire

5.0 out of 5 stars Elphie!!, 22 Aug. 2007
I love WICKED so much!!
My friend saw the musical stage in NY and reccommended me,so I started to read it.
Many characters living their very common life in OZ,its not just a fairytale.Unnaturally green-skinned girl Elphaba,I was empathize with her life.It was no good deed for other people but was she truely WICKED? And she was real WITCH? I should think about TERROR by her JUSTICE...

Brooklyn the Musical (Pvg)
Brooklyn the Musical (Pvg)
by Mark Schoenfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars BROOOOOOKLYN!, 22 Aug. 2007
I love BROOKLYN the musical!!
It's my fav before or since,I saw it 7times in New york.
Eden Espinosa as titlerole Brooklyn,her voice is sweet,powerful,and AMAZING!She was singing"Once upon a time",its so beautiful song!
And Karen Olivo's "Christmas makes me cry",Kevin anderson's"Sometimes"as well...Every song will make you excite.
So I reccommend this songbook!