Profile for C.C. > Reviews

C.C. (Wiltshire, UK)

Z: The Beginning of Everything  Season 1
Z: The Beginning of Everything Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... very intrigued when I spotted this and was not disappointed. Christina Ricci plays the fiercely independent and intelligent, 27 Jun. 2016
I've been fascinated by the Fitzgerald's for years now so was very intrigued when I spotted this and was not disappointed. Christina Ricci plays the fiercely independent and intelligent Zelda beautifully. I'm so glad this is being done from her side of the story, something that is often overlooked. I really do hope this becomes a series and will wait with eager anticipation.

Bad Things (Theme From True Blood)
Bad Things (Theme From True Blood)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy as hell!, 15 Nov. 2014
This, for me, sums up everything about True Blood. It's sexy, dark and just a little bit dirty! It's the perfect tune to remind you just how good that show was.

Fitness Mad Safety Resistance Trainer - Light, Green
Fitness Mad Safety Resistance Trainer - Light, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a beginner, 10 May 2013
I purchased this to help with a shoulder and neck injury and don't find it too strenuous on the muscles effected, but enough to give them a good amount of exercise. I have also started using it for working on other areas now as its so flexible. The covering on the band adds reassurance, not only for safety, but also any allergies and the handles are sturdy enough for the strength of band.

10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]
Dvd ~ 10 Minute Solution
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, no pressure exercising!, 10 April 2009
I've never got on with fitness videos but thought I would try this one as I had recently taken up salsa dancing and thought this would at least keep my attention. I'm so glad I did! It's great fun and doesn't even feel like you're doing an exercise video. The instructor goes over each dance step several times and gradually build it up from a simple movement to a full on Latin dance move. There is no pressure to get it first time or keep up!!
I've been doing it for about 2 months now and have definitely lost at least an inch or two off my hips & thighs. I think I might try the kick-boxing one next!!

Philips HP6335 Double Foil Rechargeable Ladyshaver
Philips HP6335 Double Foil Rechargeable Ladyshaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!, 7 July 2008
I have used a lady shaver for years now and had a Phillips one before which lasted me about 10 years until the foils came away from the shaver. I decided to go for a Phillips again as my last one had been so reliable, easy to use and quick.

What a mistake!

I charged it up over night to make sure I had full power but was very disappointed when I started using it. After about 10 minutes of moving it around on my legs no hair seemed to have been removed! I kept pressing harder, adjusting the extra front comb and all this did was irritate my skin. Eventually after about 40 minutes I'd managed to do both legs below the knee. Not really quick enough for me when I use to be able to do it in ten minutes!!

The real icing on the cake was when I felt my legs about 5 hours later and I could feel re-growth already! Hardly a close shave then!

I wouldn't recommend this if you want something quick and reliable (I returned mine after two attempts!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2008 2:47 PM BST

Fashion Design Drawing and Presentation
Fashion Design Drawing and Presentation
by Patrick John Ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great man, fantastic Illustrator, 30 May 2002
Patrick John Ireland was my Fashion Illustration tutor at college and I learned an incredible amount from him. I found this book a great extension of his teachings and it holds a lot of information on the basics as fashion illustration. It covers all aspects of the human figure and keeps it simple. Far too many books on this subject go off on the stylizing side too quickly, encouraging you to create your own style without first knowing the basics of how a body works. This one takes it time and its quite refreshing.

Stacy's Heart
Stacy's Heart
by Cary Rainey

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, violent, but utterly intoxicating, 23 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Stacy's Heart (Paperback)
This is a vampire book with a difference. Stacy's Heart is a modern day story which is incredibly graphic, with disturbing and brutal scenes, especially of the sexual nature. Set mainly in Birmingham, Alabama, there are a lot of issues surrounding race and colour. Its main theme though, is of a writer who hated his home town and has to return there to promote his book. The vampires are woven into the storyline very cleverly.
It's quite the opposite of the infamous Anne Rice's style. There are no romantic views of vampire's. They are ugly, they are nasty and they have terrible breath!
Having said all that, I couldn't put it down. It's one of those books you wonder if you should be reading, due to its alarming violence, but then you just have to carry on to find out what happens. And as the back cover says, "In fact, the vampires demand it."
(Not for the faint hearted!)