Profile for Perusing Princesses Blog > Reviews

Content by Perusing Princ...

Perusing Princesses Blog (Wiltshire, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20

5.0 out of 5 stars ‘A quirky, comedy romance that is sure to Dazzle.’ 5 STARS, 7 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Dazzled (Kindle Edition)
‘A quirky, comedy romance that is sure to Dazzle.’ – Kelly, Perusing Princesses

Oh I needed this book like England needs sunshine. Dazzled is a bright star; a fun and extremely comical friends to lover romance that had me laughing out loud in the wee early hours. I loved the British dialect and the relationship dynamics between the adorable Miles and Clare. Dazzled is quirky but sensitive and would appeal to fans of Young Adult and Contemporary Romance. This is quite literally, a literary breath of fresh air.

Friends from birth, Miles and Clare are totally inseparable. They finish each-others’ sentences and have enough dirt between them to re-turf a football field, but there is one thing Clare has kept from her best friend for many years, and that is how she truly feels about him.

Miles loves acting, but he can never stay in a job long enough to make any real money, until an opportunity arises in LA and life as he knows it is about to change forever.

From North London to Hollywood, Miles is about to take the journey of a lifetime but he can’t do it without his wing woman, as he asks Clare to join him as his Personal Assistant whilst on her summer University break. At first it’s a joyride, the first taste of a lavish lifestyle that only others dream about, but when an A-List actress makes a play for her boy, the gloves come off and Clare soon realises that to get ahead you have to play the part. LA soon starts to show its cracks as it soon gets dubbed ‘land of the fake’, but there is nothing fake about their friendship, that tethered bond will forever remain strong as she continues to be his friend, stand by his side, even as her world and his separate and has the potential to fall completely apart.

Can Clare, the short, plump, plain-Jane from next door win the heart of the new Hollywood IT guy, or will Miles succumb to the whims of the A-List elite?

Trust me, this book is a real gem. I needed something light-hearted and Dazzled delivered in droves. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting until 2am and even then I couldn't sleep.

Miles and Clare are a match made in heaven, even though they like to give each other hell, but in a good way - the dialogue is so witty, and very honest at times that had me in stitches, proving yet again that Jane Harvey-Berrick is a master of her craft.

Be prepared to go totally cougar over Miles Stephens, he can be my leading man any day!

Read it!

Kingpin (Cartel Book 2)
Kingpin (Cartel Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute killer of a read! 5 stars, 6 Jan. 2016
Kingpin provides the perfect window into the past as we continue on Mariana, Dornan and John’s journey into the abyss of complicated love coated in deplorable darkness. Kingpin still holds the grittiness of Cartel, along with the twisted gory suspense of the Gypsy Brothers MC novellas, providing a gutsy intricate reading experience that I simply cannot get enough of.

Mariana has been with Dornan Ross, the VP of the Gypsy Brothers MC for 9 years, only leaving her apartment with consent and a chaperone, she is still the property of Emilio Ross, Il Sangue Cartel boss and Dornan’s Father. A man who would slit his own Mother’s throat if it meant getting ahead. He is ruthless, barbaric and completely sub-human, and the only reason she is still breathing is because she is valuable to the cause. Her art in money laundering is legendary, making the Cartel and the MC millions. Her Fathers debt has been paid ten-fold but she still remains a prisoner, a pawn, and although her love for Dornan is strong, she fears that even with him in her corner, time is running out.

A burner phone is the start of a friendship that gains ground and becomes something bordering on partnership. John may be the President of the MC but it’s becoming apparent that it is the Ross family holding all the cards. With a junkie wife and a beautiful 14-year-old Daughter starting to turn heads, John has hit a crossroads and it seems the only person who sees him his is best friend’s Mistress - but no one takes what is unlawfully theirs without losing something valuable, such as their life…

Mariana is a strong and vibrant character even if the world she lives in is painted with bare walls and years of misery. Love can conquer all, or so she was led to believe, but when that love starts to change, when the man you would die for starts to become a monster, what options does a glorified captive mistress have left? A friend, a gun and access to millions of the Cartel funds…. because sometimes you just need a plan B, followed by a lot of courage.

God, I love these books. It all started with the Novella’s and now we go back to the past when Dornan Ross was slightly tolerable and a little more human. He will never be book boyfriend material but there is no denying he is one scary villain and I just love him for that alone.

Lili’s work is not for the faint of heart but if you love grit, suspense, rough sex and a penchant for revenge, then you can’t got far wrong with this series. It was also great to finally get acquainted with John too, the man is the bomb! #TeamJohn all the way!

An absolute killer of a read!

Chris Adams CA Dreamz 100ml EDP For Ladies - Chris Adams Perfumes
Chris Adams CA Dreamz 100ml EDP For Ladies - Chris Adams Perfumes
Offered by i-Bargain Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Perfume that lasts all day., 3 Jan. 2016
A lovely perfume that smells so much more expensive. Reminds me of Eternity by Calvin Klein so if you like that you will probably like this. My Mum loves it too.

The Storm (The Storm Series Book 4)
The Storm (The Storm Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic short addition to the Storm series., 1 Jan. 2016
The Storm made for one perfect, albeit upsetting novella, in what is one of my favourite contemporary rockstar romances of all time.

I had no idea the direction this novella was going to take and if I'm honest I was a little concerned that there would be a spanner thrown in the workings of the perfect HEA. I didn't want Jake and Tru's love compromised in any way but I didn't have anything to worry about as this novella was as much Jake's story as it was Jonny Creed's epilogue.

Wow! This little tale packed a punch in all the right places. It spoke of love, trust, family and forever bonds. Jonny Creed may be gone but there is no denying his pivotal role in the success of the Mighty Storm, and how his death had devistating effects on the ones he left behind. He is a fundamental part of their history and past actions can come with unexpected consequences.

This story is a case of 'when the past comes back to haunt us,' but in this case, it delivers a sad and happy ending that made me cherish this series all the more.

It was wonderful getting reacquainted with all my favourite characters and this story shows growth in maturity, mindset and in all things that truly matter.

The Storm is a must read, but prepare yourself for that epilogue, it may be sad, but it was beautifully done. Top marks for Sam Towle, the lady who never lets us down!

5.0 out of 5 stars ‘Corrupt is a twisted romance packed with suspense and a twist of heated thriller. A killer of a read!’, 30 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Corrupt (Kindle Edition)
‘Corrupt is a twisted romance packed with suspense and a twist of heated thriller. A killer of a read!’ ~ Kelly, Perusing Princesses

This book for all its intents and purposes not only satisfied my craving for something new, but it knocked it right out of the park and left me wanting more - not just from these intriguing, complicated characters but from Penelope Douglas because damn, this woman can write!

There were moments in this story when I didn’t think our heroine would actually survive, I was absolutely terrified for her. This is no easy romance, and from what I could tell in the earlier chapters, I was setting myself up for a dark capture story, yet the way the scenes flitter between past and present POV narrative starts to paint a very different picture, loving the fact that I had no idea what direction it would eventually go.

Some readers get frustrated with past and present tense as it can become a little complicated keeping up with the separate time frames, especially if you stop reading halfway through a chapter, but all I can say here is that it worked so well!

This story focuses on first love with the one you can’t have. A tale of rich kids who have it all, but are left bereft from loss or impossible parental aspirations that take the talented, rich and untouchable to dabble wholeheartedly in the adrenaline rush of rebellion. One Burns Night three years ago, friends Michael, Kai, Damon and Will take their pranks to a whole new level, and when they invite Erika ‘Rika’ Fane, the downtrodden girlfriend of Trevor Crist, Michael’s golden boy younger brother, things start to take a precarious turn.

What was supposed to be some harmless fun turns nightmare when a prank goes too far and there are serious repercussions as Michael says goodbye to Kai, Will and Damon as they are carted off to Prison. Three years they were incarcerated. Three years, Michael and his friends have been plotting their revenge and now the time has come to make good on those plans. Rika, now at college, alone, away from the security of Thunder Bay, has no idea that she’s about to become a key part of a sick and twisted game of cat and mouse, as everything she holds dear is about to be destroyed…

Complication comes in the way of Rika loving Michael since she can remember. Trevor was always a friend, one that promised a comfortable home and a loving heart but she was never content with just kissing her friend, she loves the danger, the monster that resides in the penthouse above her new apartment. She’s alone, not a threat but he looks at her like she’s the enemy, so why does she want nothing more than for him to see her? She never forgot his words he whispered to her that night three years ago as she let herself be free for those few hours; ‘own who you are.’ Yes, she wanted to own herself, own her actions, be the person she wants to be, and her heart is telling her that Michael should be a part of that... sleeping with the enemy can only go one way, and Rika is about to find out the hard way.

Corrupt had me literally hanging off my reading chair by the thread of my pants. This book touched on every conceivable emotion including fear. What I loved most though was the anticipation of what happens next. The sexual tension is electrifying and yes, the sex is fabulous with one steam room scene in particular that I just cannot seem to get out of my head, and trust me… I don’t actually want to.

I could scream about this book from the rooftops because I loved it that much, alas I will just implore you to read it. You can Corrupt me any time Penelope Douglas!

5 ‘Own who you are’ Crowns

Lawless: King Book 3
Lawless: King Book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars T.M Frazier has delivered an action packed, gritty and explosive series that delivers on every conceivable level. 5 stars, 21 Dec. 2015
<Excerpt> 'We were two tortured souls. Both in more ways than one person should ever have to experience. But we found each other. We needed each other. So help him I did.' </Excerpt> - Thia Andrews

Well what can I say about the third book in the King series except WOW! Bear and Thia's story was everything I wanted it to be and more. I loved how this book started, how we see a young girl meet a notorious biker one day at a store - an innocent encounter but one that continued to live with her for seven years.

A failing orangery, parents at each others throats and a Mother balancing on a very precarious edge of deep depression, Thia, at only 17 has had to grow up quicker than her peers. School comes second fiddle to family business chores and she is worn down by it all but it's her life and she continues to lead day by day as a good example of the caring and supportive Daughter, until one day everything changes.

With no where to hide, Thia needs help and the only person who is able to aid her is the one man she met many years ago - the fearless, lawless biker known as Bear.

Bear is lost. His MC gunning for his blood since he threw down his cut, his own Father paying the price for his head. Drowning his sorrows in booze and woman is still the one thing that hasn't changed but even that's losing its appeal.

When he gets a frantic call from his best friend, King, telling him there has been an incident with a young girl at the club, he high-tails it back to his home only to find the girl he once made a promise to protect has been badly beaten and in need of help. Thia isn't ten any more but her innocence hasn't changed, it soon becomes apparent the girl has never even been kissed. All that is relative though to the fact that his MC now knows her name and has become a vengeful target for the man they're hunting, and to top it off, she's on the lam from the police.

Bear is a man of his word, even if his world isn't one of playing the hero, but it seems Thia needs a hero, desperately...

And oh my goodness is Bear my hero right now. I was always fascinated by his character and more so in Tyrant after what he went through. He has always been ruthless but a loyal friend and I enjoy his relationship with King, even though it could have turned the other way when Bear started to have feelings for Doe, King's wife.

Thia is a breath of fresh air. She may be an innocent but she had bite, a strong mind and wasn't afraid to pick up a gun and pull the trigger if it mean't getting the hell out of dodge and I totally digged her for that. I hate a damsel in distress and even though this girl had been through more than most, she still fell for a man who admits to being bad, even though she knows there is more to him than meets the eye. He does not fool her, the pain he tries to hide is plenty obvious, and soon she becomes his saviour as much as he becomes hers.

Nothing...and I mean NOTHING could have prepared me for that ending. It seems Bear and Thia's story does not end here, and I am dying for book 4.

T.M Frazier has delivered an action packed, gritty and explosive series that delivers on every conceivable level. It's packed with suspense along with hot sex, comedic moments and romance that make you connect instantly and fall in love with the ultimate bad boy. Perfect!

A must read!

Reap (Scarred Souls)
Reap (Scarred Souls)

5.0 out of 5 stars 'You are for me.' Tillie Cole does it again! 5 Stars., 21 Dec. 2015
Just when you think Raze was the epiphany of dark romance awesomeness, this sequel comes along and knocks you flat out with awe. Tillie Cole does it again!!!

There are times when you just want to leave the contemporary romance behind for a while and dive head first into a dark, gritty, twisted and shocking read, and Tillie Cole never fails to deliver. Her imagery may be violent and somewhat shocking but her deliverance is faultless to the point that no matter how hard some scenes may affect you emotionally, mentally it is impossible to just shut down and shy away from. Every aspect of this series is raw to the point of pain but there is no denying its alluring pull as you witness the most scarred souls rise from the ashes and take control of their own destiny that up until this point has been stolen via gruesome violence and brainwashing tactics.

I feared Raze but I fell in love with his character in the first book, just as I did with the dynamics of finding that love that was so cruelly lost so many years ago. His need for revenge was what drove his story forward and reconnecting with his lost love gave his story a touch of innocence and warmth in a caged world so cold. To reconnect with his character and see how far he has come was a wonder to behold, but to know that his moral code of seek, protect, repay a blood debt in his friend’s honour by saving his incarcerated Brother made this sequel well and truly epic. How does she do it? Tillie goes from strength to strength, her books are on par every single time and I am in awe of the way she can take such broken characters and nurture them, give them a voice, a purpose, and a worthy love that has the power to conquer all.

This story surpassed any expectations I may have unconsciously had because in all honesty it completely floored me. Think Romeo and Juliet, the love of two families at war – mortal enemies that were never destined to meet, and that will give you some idea of what is in store for Talia Tolstaia and Zaal Kostava. I’m not saying this is a tragic love story because the actions that lead Talia and Zaal together are one of respect and brotherhood, but my goodness, this is no easy ride.

Raze… Oh how I adore thee, as he brings the enemy into the home of his Father and shows the Russian Bratva what it means to respect and to honour. Going against everything he was taught, he proves that a name is but a name, but a promise is worth more than a thousand men when it comes to fulfilling it and paying homage to a man who truly set him free.

The synopsis covers just enough of this story without giving too much away so I’m going to respect that and leave my review here, but if you are looking for a dark romance read that will stay with you long after the final page, then you cannot go wrong with this series.

‘You are for me’. My favourite reads of 2015!

Zero Hour: A Gypsy Brothers Epilogue
Zero Hour: A Gypsy Brothers Epilogue

5.0 out of 5 stars Zero Hour is a sexy, action packed thrill ride that closes this series with flair that only Lili St.Germain can deliver., 21 Dec. 2015
Zero Hour: The Final Countdown. A closing curtain call on what has been an intense, dark, gritty and exciting series that has taken MC suspense up a whole new level, because as far as strong, determined and broken characters go, you don't get much darker than Juliette Portland. Her strength, dedication to the cause and her love for Jase is what makes this series such an amazing read. From the offset we are met with danger and abhorrent crimes but Juliette and Jase are a force to be reckoned with, and I have been there, championing them on every step of the way.

From first love to broken hearts and damaged souls, to that beacon of hope in an underworld crippled with greed and sex, this is one book journey you won't be forgetting anytime soon, and I am thrilled that Lili St. Germain tied up this series with an epilogue. Not only did it shed more light on Jase's past whilst incarcerated by his evil father, but it humanised all the characters, particularly Juliette. She has succeeded in her deed; Dornan and Emilio Ross are dead, as are all the MC Brothers, but what happens next? When you lay that beast to rest, there is always another to rear its ugly head and this comes in the form of Emilio's Brother, Julian - A major player in the cartel and one intent of getting his hands on the $5million that her Father and Mariana siphoned from playing the books before their murder many years ago. Until now, that money has never been found, but there is no denying it has played a prominent role in all of their problems.

One final battle. One last tango with the enemy, and Juliette and Jase could be free of it all, but the question is, do they still have what it takes? After everything they have gone through, you just have to ask yourself, when is enough, enough?

Zero Hour is a sexy, action packed thrill ride that closes this series with flair that only Lili St.Germain can deliver. Absolutely Brilliant!

When I Was Yours
When I Was Yours

4.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes, betrayal, lies and deceit entwined with dark secrets encompass this profound and deeply emotional tale of broken love., 26 Nov. 2015
This review is from: When I Was Yours (Kindle Edition)
Adam and Evie... A once in a lifetime love destroyed with no rhyme or reason. Mistakes, betrayal, lies and deceit entwined with dark secrets encompass this profound and deeply emotional tale of broken love.

When I Was Yours is a tale of two halves narrated in both past and present double POV that makes for one dramatic and intense read, as it comes together in one explosive conclusion, that will have you hanging off the edge of your seat, because truly, this is one of those stories that can go either way.

From young innocent first time lovers to estranged Husband and Wife, Adam and Evie's story is far from conventional but that is what I loved about it. The destructive actions compared to that of innocent past contradicted itself so prominently, you realise the misjustice of that lost love was tragic, as much as rediscovering it was so painfully beautiful... This was helped due to the current timeframe being told in a darker and rather destructive way compared to the past backstory.

I laughed, swooned and shed a tear for them both but if I'm honest I did find Adam's actions a little undesirable at times. Nevertheless, I inhaled this book with gusto and every chapter left me wanting more. Samantha Towle never fails in bringing the feels, and as much as I love her leading males, my heart was captured by the heroine in this one because every biting remark, every knock back broke her a little more but she never gave up; a fighter to the very end. Brilliant!

Semper Fi: The Education of Caroline (The Education Series #3)
Semper Fi: The Education of Caroline (The Education Series #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, passionate, beautifully intricate, Sempre Fi is a love story to rival all. 5 Stars, 24 Nov. 2015
Semper Fi is an epic love story retold by the beautiful Sebastian Hunter, and even though male POV books are becoming more popular as of late, this is certainly one of the best rewrites out there!

Sebastian and Caro's journey is a remarkable story that will stand the test of time. To this day, even after reading hundreds of books, the Education series remains one of my absolute favourites, but I'll be honest here and say that I was a little worried when Jane Harvey-Berrick announced that there would be an Education of Caroline POV rewrite. I've read a few lately and even though I enjoy them, I don't feel that they necessarily add much to the story. The first time around was amazing enough, to have experienced such an epic love story is a true gift and one that I treasured, but the idea of change scared me. I wasn't sure if the characterisation and the dynamics would be hindered, but I didn't have anything to worry about because Sebastian, in his own words not only revisited some important scenes that were missed in the Education of Caroline, but made me fall deeply in love with my favorite book all over again.

From the devastation and heartbreak that Caro left in her wake, Sebastian goes through the motions, of his feelings of abandonment when his woman never returned on his 21st Birthday. The betrayal and anger ate him up, turning him from a sweet surfer with dreams to a broken young man placating his controlling Father as he joined the marine core.

10 years is a long time to be estranged from the love of your life, but when their paths meet again it makes for an explosive and restless reunion.

I actually forgot how volatile Sebastian was in the second book. Gone was the sweet young man we fell in love with, in his place was a dark soul, eaten up with bitterness, a life unfulfilled, a sole part of himself missing ever since the day she walked out of his life and never returned... until now, and even then it is completely accidental.

With their reunion comes answers, dreams, hope for the future but doubt always lingers, insecurity constantly banging on the door; can Caro be trusted again with his heart or will she leave it in tatters when she goes back to the new life she has successfully made for herself?

Experience Seb like never before as his character is flayed open, giving us more of the marine, the man, and Caro's one and only true love as we experience the highs and lows of what is love, in its truest form. Sempre per Sempre.

Intense, passionate, beautifully intricate, Sempre Fi is a love story to rival all... it is quite simply a book journey of a lifetime.

5 'Tesoro' Crowns