Profile for Paulus > Reviews

Paulus

Draper Expert 21979 Diagnostic Fault Code Reader 200
Draper Expert 21979 Diagnostic Fault Code Reader 200

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap solution to an annoying problem., 16 Jun. 2016
I had no trouble plugging it in or unplugging it. Quickly found the codes that were causing my engine management light to be on. Cancelled the codes as per the instructions and no more annoying light. I like this device.

Koss KSC75 Clip-On Stereo Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Silver/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For The Price, 19 Mar. 2016
Good headphones for the price. The sound is well balanced with clear but not booming bass. Construction quality is reasonable, my last pair did several years of service but my wife manages to pop the clips off her pair from time to time. Doubtless higher fidelity and higher quality earphones are available but for me these perform very well for the price.

LINDY 28 Super-Bright LED Torch Black
LINDY 28 Super-Bright LED Torch Black
Offered by In21 Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice torch., 19 Mar. 2016
Nice torch.

Sleep Headphones - With Velcro Adjustable Headband- COZY Comfortable Soft Headphones for Sleeping - Perfect for Air Travel, Sports, Relaxation, Meditation and Relief from Insomnia (Black)
Offered by Firik EU Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but "noise cancelling" ?, 27 Jan. 2016
I always sleep with the radio on and these headphones are so much better than any other I have used over the years. The headband and phones are comfortable. Most importantly the cable is braided and long enough not to tangle when rolling over in the night. As a sleep apnoea sufferer I also have to wear a breathing mask at night, I have no problem wearing both, I have simply adjusted the breathing mask to fit over the Sleep Headphones. The price is also good compared with a leading alternative make which does not appear to have the braided cable. My only criticism is the description as "noise cancelling" which normally refers to an electronic function which I can find no evidence of, to be honest I did not expect to at this price and I suspect they are referring to the general muffling effect of the headband. A bit misleading which is a shame because the product is good enough without using a questionable description and I would have rated it at 5 stars but for this claim.

TP-Link 4G LTE-Advanced Mobile Wi-Fi Router/Hotspot (Share Dual Band Wi-Fi with Upto 10 Devices, Long Lasting Battery, Easy to Use, Unlocked) Pokemon Go Ready (M7350)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works A Treat, 28 Sept. 2015
Set up was easy and the performance even better than I had expected. We use this in our motorhome when away from wi-fi with a 6gb, 90 day EE sim card (from Amazon). The download speeds are good with 3g and excellent with 4g. In a metal bodied motorhome mobile reception in fringe zones can be a bit iffy but with this device we can move it around, often just below a plastic rooflight, making the best of what is available. The wi-fi link is good throughout the motorhome wherever the device is placed. When on the move a good link is maintained, except in the remotest of areas. Very pleased with this purchase, perhaps not the cheapest solution but it does work very well.

Monitor Audio Airstream S200 Wireless Speaker with Airplay (Charcoal Grey/black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound, 6 Jun. 2015
Very impressed with the sound quality, we are very spoilt by a Linn system in our lounge but despite this the S200 unit does not disappoint. It is streets ahead of my similarly priced Bose speakers, that drown the music in an over enhanced bass. It was a bit of a fiddle initially to set up the wifi connection and this nearly cost it a star, whether that was the fault of the online manual or my reading of it I am not sure. Now it is set up it is easy to use and AirPlay from iPhone and iPad gives excellent results, particularly when streaming at 320 kbps. Very pleased, thinking of buying another one for the kitchen.

Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Clear Silicone Gel Cover
Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Clear Silicone Gel Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cover, 22 Oct. 2014
Fits easily and snuggly, without making the phone feel bulky. Has already saved the phone from a nasty bump when it fell out of my pocket.

EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
Offered by EBS Telecoms

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Very Well For Me, 18 Sept. 2014
I use this in my iPad whilst travelling in my motorhome and I have been impressed with the performance. Whilst 4G coverage is not often found in the rural areas where we camp, 3G coverage is pretty good. It performs well for emails, internet browsing and general downloads. My phone operates on another large network which compares poorly with EE, even when there is supposedly 3G available this other network is very sluggish. In some ways I think 4G is a bit of a red herring, good 3G coverage is more important when travelling than 4G, though the performance is good when you can get it. The 6GB for 90 days also works well for me, I use the data heavily whilst away and not at all when at home, so a decent chunk of data and a good time limit is ideal, it is just a shame that I have to order a new SIM card to get this good value deal and can't simply top it up. The first of these cards I had was a bit of a pain to register but the second was very easy, perhaps this was because the network settings were already EE. I am happy to recommend this product but will save the 5 star rating in the hope that a 1 year 20GB product emerges to cut down on swapping sims and re registering.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2015 7:57 AM GMT

Bell Piston Helmet - White/Silver Apex, Universal
Bell Piston Helmet - White/Silver Apex, Universal

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Bell Piston Helmet (Sports)
Comfortable and a good price at less than £16

GEM Anti-Shock Case for Panasonic HDC-HS60, HDC-SD10, HDC-SD60, HDC-SD90, HDC-TM10, HDC-TM60, HD Camcorder
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem Camcorder Case, 22 July 2010
I spent some time looking for a small case to fit my Panasonic HDC-TM55 before finding this excellent product. The camera fits perfectly, as described by previous reviewers. I did not want to be cluttered with a larger case with spare capacity and pockets for all sorts of things I neither have nor need. The front pocket is fine for the stylus pen, which I have attached with a lanyard, and there would also be room for a spare SD Card. For those who want a small, neat, functional and well made case this does the job very well.