Profile for lozenge85 > Reviews

Content by lozenge85

"lozenge85"

Where Have All the Boys Gone?
Where Have All the Boys Gone?
by Jenny Colgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment, 2 Sept. 2005
Having been impressed by two of Colgan's previous books, Talking To Addison and Do You Remember The First Time?, I was looking forward to her most recent title, Where Have All The Boys Gone?
As with many books of this genre, the book's premise of a London PR girl leaving behind all her mod-cons in order to embrace the "great outdoors" seemed slightly contrived. However, I was willing to give it a go, based on Colgan's earlier accomplishments...
I do not wish to spoil it for those who have not yet read it, so I will simply say that it starts off "ok" (for want of a better adjective!), lulls tremendously in the middle, but is thankfully recovered in the final third of the book. At this point, I was happy to find I couldn't put it down, as I wanted to see how everyone ended up.
It's not a bad book, but I was actually bored whilst reading a large proportion of it. Nonetheless, if you work through it as I did, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the ending.