Profile for Silvergold > Reviews

Content by Silvergold

Silvergold (United Kingdom)

20 x 10mIU/ml Highly Sensitive Wide Width Pregnancy Test Strips (tests up to 6 days earlier)
Offered by Home Health (UK) Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars confused??!!, 11 April 2016
Still getting negative results from these (have done several now), despite getting positives from First Response and Clearblue Digital. Think I am 11DPO, approx.
UPDATE: finally these tests are showing a VERY faint line on first morning urine, 13DPO. However, I would not say they are "highly sensitive", and the claim that you can test up to 6 days before missed period is a joke.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD]
Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tara Lee
Offered by Hogwash Industries

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners and relaxation, 7 Sept. 2012
This is great for beginners, and for relaxing. I have been doing yoga on and off for a few years, and would have liked a slightly more challenging routine available on the DVD, but that's just me. Also, I'd have preferred to have been able to mute the background music at times, I found it a bit intrusive. Otherwise brilliant, and I'm sure it will be a positive addition to my pregnancy!

Samsung SE-208AB/TSBS 8 x DVD+/-RW Slim Portable External DVD Writer - Black
Samsung SE-208AB/TSBS 8 x DVD+/-RW Slim Portable External DVD Writer - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars So complicated!, 18 Feb. 2012
I have a Mac, and this is the most ridiculous set-up, with no customer service provided by telephone. Still no joy getting the blasted thing working! DO NOT BUY.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2012 11:44 AM GMT

The Inner Voice: The Making of a Singer
The Inner Voice: The Making of a Singer
by Renee Fleming

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for singers, 20 Oct. 2010
I'm even more of a fan of Ms Fleming now that I have read this wonderful little book. I couldn't put it down and read it pretty much in one day. Highly recommended for singers.

Verdi: La Traviata -- Royal Opera House [DVD] [NTSC] [2001]
Verdi: La Traviata -- Royal Opera House [DVD] [NTSC] [2001]
Dvd ~ Angela Gheorghiu

5.0 out of 5 stars Gheorghiu is sublime, 1 Feb. 2010
As a performer myself, I often put this DVD on whilst I get ready, warm-up, apply stage make-up, etc. As a huge Verdi fan, I find this particular production outstanding. Angela Gheorghiu is so breathtakingly beautiful, feminine, strong, passionate, and her voice so faultless that it inspires me every time. Alfredo was a bit wooden at first, I thought, although he's really grown on me, and I enjoy him more each time I watch it!

La Boheme - The Film [2009] [DVD]
La Boheme - The Film [2009] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Netrebko
Offered by DVD Vault UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Slick, well-produced, but lacking the edge of a live performance, 1 Feb. 2010
Well, I've learnt my lesson not to buy "Movie" operas, and stick to live performance recordings, they are so much more exciting. This is, however, a well-made film with good acting and beautiful singing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2010 6:38 AM GMT

Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship
by Sherry Argov

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 1 Feb. 2010
This is simply a re-hashing of "The Rules" in my opinion , only written with a slightly cruder tone. "Make Every Man Want You" is far better, in my opinion, and tackles bigger subjects on a deeper level. Also, the latter approach is actually working for me, none of the "Rules"-type books ever have... your authentic and real self can only take so much of trying to be something you're not (plus your man will know he is being manipulated, if he's got half a brain.)
On the plus side, it's always nice to see a book which celebrates female empowerment, albeit in a form I didn't enjoy as other books I've read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2012 3:00 PM GMT