Profile for bowman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Fireangel CO-9B Basic LED Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Fireangel CO-9B Basic LED Carbon Monoxide Alarm

2.0 out of 5 stars Two years is a shorter life than I expected, 29 Jun. 2016
25 months on it bleeps intermittently now despite replacing batteries with new Duracells. I expected it to last a bit longer. Of course no way to know how long it had been in stock when I bought it.

Qualtex Heavy Duty Manual Hollow Tine Garden Lawn Spike Aerator - 5-Prong
Qualtex Heavy Duty Manual Hollow Tine Garden Lawn Spike Aerator - 5-Prong

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless piece of kit, 4 Jun. 2016
I am glad to see that this is no longer available. If possible I would give it no stars. The tubes are too small and the cores are not ejected. I believe that tubes should be twice the diameter. Doesnt matter wet dry, half dry. Sandy or clay. Might as well have saved the money and done job with fork

Akasa AK-675-S Intel Cooler Active - computer cooling components (Socket 478, Black, White, 83 x 80 x 50 mm, Sleeve Bearing, 12V)
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase at a reasonable price., 31 Oct. 2015
I had started to get "cpu throttled" warnings from my linux box with a Pentium 4 3.2. I had an ancient Tt cooler which had a manual speed control which I had to run full on at over 6300 rpm. (Sounded like a harrier jet taking off.) Still getting warning beeps. I cleaned out the heatsink and applied new paste, but no improvement.
I looked around and this appeared to be a fair buy if it worked.
I'm pleased to say that it seems to be fine after just a day. Temperature oscillates slightly between 46/48 deg C at around 3000 rpm. and it is a lot quieter than the old Tt
All in all, for the moment at least I'm quite pleased and I did not even have to get thermal paste, because it comes ready to fit

Skytronic Shaver Adaptor
Skytronic Shaver Adaptor
Offered by Googlez

4.0 out of 5 stars It works ok but ......, 23 Oct. 2015
I had to get one of these because the router I bought here on Amazon was not supplied with a UK 3 pin plug. I had noted other adverse reviews but thought that at the price what was to lose. On delivery it is obviously substantially made. I shook, it no rattles, pins all tight, seemed fine.
I must say here that I had pressed my existing shaver adapter into use with the router so I planned to just do a substitution in the shaver bag.
It became apparent that this was not possible, because the springs that hold the shutters closed inside are so powerful that the plug would not stay inserted, but popped back out meaning that, for my shaver at least, it is not suitable.
I then tried it with the router plug and thankfully it was fine.
I checked the two plugs against each other and the shaver has noticeably thicker pins. So be aware that there may be a problem with some makes of plug.
Because of this problem only 4 stars

Aqua Optima Evolve 30-Day Water Filter 6 pack - 6 months' supply
Aqua Optima Evolve 30-Day Water Filter 6 pack - 6 months' supply

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is ok, but problem using with Brita jug, 12 Oct. 2015
This product is new to me. I have previously purchased other Brita compatibles and been satisfied. Regretfully I cannot say the same for these.
It performs its primary function of fitering ok, but leaves about half an inch of unfiltered water in the top chamber of my Brita jug. The reason is the extremely deep sides of the filter body which make it stand very proud of the water chamber bottom. If the jug lid seal is good, (as in my case), then there is no problem of unfiltered water getting into the teapot as others have mentioned. The question is how long does that water hang about before it finally gets to go through the element? Abit worrying.
I will not be buying these again unless the design changes.

TP-LINK TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with Linux, 16 Sept. 2015
I got this to use on a PC that I am learning Linux on. It worked out of the box without any input on my part.
I have tried it with Kali 32 bit, Mint 64 bit and Ubuntu 32bit
So far it does what I want and I'm pleased with the purchase.
I have it plugged directly in a usb port, however it does have an extension usb cable if direct plugging is not an option.
Also supplied is a driver disk which I have had no reason to use.

Peak - Brain Training
Peak - Brain Training

1.0 out of 5 stars App freezes - uninstalled, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Peak - Brain Training (App)
Installed this . Went through all the intro pages. Got to sign in/up page and app is frozen. Unistalled I am not impressed.
This the second Amazon app that has not worked

Orchid Myst Repotting Kit
Orchid Myst Repotting Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars not enough compost, 11 May 2015
There is really not enough compost in this kit and I had to buy a bag just to top up the pot

BRITA Elemaris Water Filter Jug - 3.5 L, White
BRITA Elemaris Water Filter Jug - 3.5 L, White

5.0 out of 5 stars works fine does the job, 11 May 2015
This is a very big jug. It follows that it it also when full,very heavy. My wife found it too big for the kitchen so I did a swap and now it is used for the morning tea in the bedroom. (The tea is my department :-)). The little computer system that says how much time the filter cartridge has done works fine and also has a "teardrop" symbol that indicates that a new fill of water is being filtered.

TP-LINK TL-WR840N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
TP-LINK TL-WR840N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Extended Virginmedia wifi, 11 May 2015
Connected to my Virginmedia router via cable this has extended my wireless network to the rear of our house where before was a dead zone. The wifi signal speed is about 1.5 times in my bedroom compared to elsewhere in the house. Of course if you cant cable connect then you miss any advantage

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7