Profile for Den > Reviews

Rob Ryan 2016 Wall Calendar
Rob Ryan 2016 Wall Calendar
by Andrews McMeel Publishing Ltd
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful calendar as always - bought 4 extra this year ..., 9 Oct. 2015
Beautiful calendar as always - bought 4 extra this year as Xmas gifts for friends - I know they will love them as much as I do!

Braun ThermoScan  Lens Filters for Ear Thermometers - Pack of 40
Braun ThermoScan Lens Filters for Ear Thermometers - Pack of 40
Offered by Fitness Cube

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Price!, 7 Sept. 2013
What more can I say? Excellent value for money. If being used on the same person, you could clean the filter in use a couple of times with an anti-bacterial wipe to avoid changing it every time - but at this price (I paid £2.61) it's probably not necessary.

Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Every home should have one!, 7 Sept. 2013
Needed this quickly so paid for next day delivery - but it was well worth it. The device is simple and easy to use and allows you to accurately monitor the temperature of someone who is unwell - in my case my 81 year old father but it would serve the same purpose with anyone and be particularly useful for small children. There are lots to choose from and the prices vary, but I chose this particular ear thermometer for several reasons:

Braun is a creditable brand;
The price was reasonable (~£27 from Amazon as opposed to RRP of >£40);
Replacement lens filters are not prohibitively expensive (x40 for £2.61 from Amazon);
It comes with a case in which you can also store spare filters.

I wish I'd bought one years ago - highly recommended product.

Anker High Definition (HD) Screen Protector for iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 23 April 2013
Having got my new iPhone 5 I was keen to get a screen protector ASAP and paid £3 for a single unit from a local mobile phone accessory shop (in hindsight I think I was ripped off!). Despite following the instructions to the letter - my brand new pristine handset looked as if it had caught something nasty - loads of air bubbles & and no matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of them - I put up with it looking unsightly for 24 hours & then took the wretched thing off.

I scoured Amazon for similar items & read loads of reviews before opting for this 3-pack product by Anker. Took a couple of days to arrive but when it did what a difference. Clearly top quality and the kit comes with a proper microfibre cloth, a dust removing sticker & bubble remover card (not that I needed it). Extremely easy to apply compared to the cheap & nasty product I had tried previously. Once in place you simply would not know it was there - perfect fit and invisible protection which is exactly what I wanted. Too soon to say how long each one will last before needing to be replaced - but even if it's only a month it's a small price to pay to protect the phone's screen from scratches.

I would give the product 10 stars if I could and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this product.

Mixed Wrap Cable Fastener for UK 3PIN Chargers
Mixed Wrap Cable Fastener for UK 3PIN Chargers
Offered by TapeCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - Charger & Cable Chaos Eliminated!!, 23 Aug. 2012
Simple but brilliant solution to the chaos of multiple device chargers & the resultant tangle of cables - can't recommend this product highly enough - would give 10 stars if I could! I will be buying more :o)

White Heat: 30 Hits (2cd+dvd)
White Heat: 30 Hits (2cd+dvd)
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Awaited & Absolutely Wonderful!, 28 Jun. 2012
From the moment I saw ICEHOUSE perform 'Hey Little Girl' on TOTP in ~1979 I was totally hooked and have been a huge fan ever since. I have bought all their albums as they have been released on vinyl & CD (including the remasters & compilations) and also have 'The Ghost of Time' in my collection. If Bi-Polar Poems ever gets finished for release then there is no doubt that I will purchase a copy.

Like the first reviewer, I have a VHS from a 1980s Melbourne concert which is fantastic, but since the video player is no longer in use it's been years since I watched it. So despite already having all the music, it was nothing short of imperative to purchase this particular offering because of the DVD - no less than 33 full length videos are included:

Can't Help Myself; We Can Get Together (Australasian & International Versions); Walls; Icehouse; Love In Motion (Original Version); Great Southern Land; Hey, Little Girl; Street Cafe; Glam; Taking the Town; Don't Believe Anymore; Dusty Pages; No Promises (UK & International Versions); Baby You're So Strange; Mr Big; Cross the Border; Crazy (Australasian & International Versions); Electric Blue; My Obsession; Man of Colours; Nothing Too Serious; Touch the Fire; Big Fun; Miss Divine; Anything Is Possible; Satellite; Big Wheel; Invisible People; Love In Motion (with Christina Amphlett); Sister.

I purchased this amazing collection from a marketplace trader(SmokeCDs) based in New Zealand for £13.15 (including the P&P) and it was delivered 3 days later!

It is such a joy to be able to sit and watch the band performing their catalogue of hits - although I admit that some of the video quality from some of the earlier years is a bit poor. Nevertheless, if you are a fan of Iva Davies & Icehouse, you will not be disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 7:03 PM BST

Quality fine china '80th Birthday' gift mug in presentation box, ideal birthday present (LP67015).

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Gift, 27 May 2012
This mug arrived very quickly and was more than adequately packaged for such a fragile item. Super quality and was very much appreciated as a birthday gift - been in daily use ever since! If you are stuck for ideas of what to give a male or female friend/relative for their 80th birthday I would highly recommend this mug.

The Royal International Air Tattoo 2009 [DVD]
The Royal International Air Tattoo 2009 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Reminder, 27 May 2012
I went to RIAT in 2009 on the Saturday (when it didn't rain during the flying displays :o) I am going again this year & wanted to get myself in the mood so purchased this from an Amazon Market Place Trader for much less than it's normal selling price; had I known how good it was I would have bought it long ago. Superb footage and commentary and I would highly recommend this DVD to those who are interested in aviation or are fast jet enthusiasts.

The Very Best of Celtic Chillout: the Greatest Celtic Music of All Time
The Very Best of Celtic Chillout: the Greatest Celtic Music of All Time

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get caught out !!!, 2 Dec. 2005
Wish I had read the previous review before buying this - not just some but majority are covers and not that good either - think I will donate it to my local indian restaurant for backgound music !!!